Skip to content

Routemaster1461

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Routemaster1461

  1. You could take it to a Skoda dealer and ask if they have a full set. You may be able to get them to try until they find the one that fits. They should have a code on them, so you may be able to order one from them, or use the code on Ebay.
  2. It is possible for fluid to leak past a master cylinder with no leak as it has fluid both sides of the seals. It is unlikely to pass the seals in a clutch slave or brake cylinder as there is fluid one side but none on the other.
  3. You can use a bullet adapter in the 12V socket, unfortunately in their wisdom, this is always live so will not switch off when you leave the car. You can use one of the usb c sockets, but you may find that the camera thinks it is being connected to a computer (mine did). So I had to use a usb c to usb a adapter and a data-blocking cable. This seems to work ok for me.
  4. The price seems to have gone down. It was in the £200 range when the new fluid was introduced.
  5. I had a car from a different manufacture from 2015 to 2021, which had the newer type of fluid. Every year without fail the aircon wouldn't work in the spring, which was down to lack of fluid. Every year the tried to fix it. Vacuum leak test, double doses of dye, never found the leak. Every year had interesting discussions with service managers about how the fluid should last more than a year, they can't fix it, and I shouldn't have to pay. Was like it until I sold the car.
  6. On my 2021 car, if you press the bottom left button on the right of the steering wheel you get a menu in the middle of the panel. Scroll to the item you need, then press the scroll to select. You may then need further scrolling and pressing to get it how you want. I like fuel consumption since start on mine, and it is fine until I enter a destination n either the standard satnav or in Google maps where it puts a map in the centre so it has become second nature to reset the fuel display every time.
  7. Although the limit displayed is frequently incorrect, as is the limit displayed on my Karoq's dashboard.
  8. I run mine from usb now, however the first camera I had, a Nextbase, took so much current that the usb couldn't provide enough to stop the camera's internal battery from going flat and the camera stopped recording. I solved the issue by replacing the Nexbase with a Viofo, which will run on usb continuously, and moving the Nextbase to our other car, powering from a 3A bullet adapter.
  9. I have one ot these, designed to run boat fridges. It works on my fridge in the car but it is rather bulky. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dometic-Coolpower-Voltage-Monitor-Universal/dp/B00I5DAHNO/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1G1RJOZZ01TBA&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.HzkjG4HEjDV9kWt5rMlLH0e5iVk3N9lWu7GldqJBT9HGjHj071QN20LucGBJIEps.--gC-DF0LU4LX0jcyuWUEInZCRcfWmFzgym3Om-dPfA&dib_tag=se&keywords=coolpower&qid=1744997697&sprefix=coolpower%2Caps%2C108&sr=8-4
  10. My Karoq has the indirect system, and when I had a puncture it told me which tyre was low.
  11. I've had this on mine, but not recently as I have the Lane Departure System switched off. I didn't (to my knowledge) have tis in particular places. It seemed somewhat random, but did seem to occur where there were joins in the road surface in the direction of travel which may have confused the system.
  12. My wife and I both have spare batteries, mine in my wallet, hers in her purse. We also have a spare in the car. Had to fit one last week as the car was whinging about low key battery.
  13. Sorry to ask the obvious, have you cleaned the camera lens. They get filthy on both my cars.
  14. Not experience from Skoda , but I had an Adblue car for 6 years which had a nominally 17 litre Adblue tank and a tank range of 10000 to 11000 miles, so ~600 miles per litre. I wouldn't expect the Skoda system to be too much different.
  15. Just done mine. I did it from the list rather than the diagram. Lightly touch and move left at the same time brings up delete. Took about 5 minutes todo it but several times the system tried to start navigation.
  16. If this is an important update, it may need to be done by a dealer, as there could well be a requirement to log that the update has been done by a Skoda dealer. I've had at least one update where this was required.
  17. I have one Michelin which is the original on a 19 registered car. The tyre has covered 65,000 miles. In the last 2 years minor cracking similar to the first picture was mentioned at MOT. This year the same tyre was still on the car and cracking wasn't mentioned at all. The tread is still legal, but is certainly reaching the end of its life.
  18. Do you always indicate when changing lanes? If not, try and see if it makes a difference.
  19. There are hundreds of cables and adapters to chose from on Amazon, if you currently wish to use them. I use my usb c phone in 2 cars, one has a usb socket, the other a asb a. I just keep the cable plugged in in each car. Cables will ususlly be power and data, although I had to buy a data blocking cale for a satnav, as I needed it fitted to a switched usb (on my Skoda the 12V sockets are permanently live) and by connecting to the usb the camera thought it was connecting to a computer. I don't know whether you can get data only or power only usb c cables.
  20. Do you mean the original 3 year warranty? Might be worth enquiring how much an extended Skoa warranty would cost.
  21. Just checked my policy. The excess for windscreen replacement is £140!
  22. I follow someone who is a private hire driver, and the phone apps are how he gets his jobs, so it needs to be visible at all times he is working.
  23. I thought that if the car was held with autohold on and start/stop active, that the engine would restart as a safety precaution. This is (at least partly) to prevent accidents when opening and working under the bonnet in case the car decided to restart itself. I'll give it a try tomorrow, if I remember.
  24. As far as I am aware the system will allow the car to slow in a traffic jam, stop, then accelerate again. However, obviously it cannot do this with manual transmission.
  25. Sorry, I get confused by some of the acronyms used. I was referring to the type of CC which adjusts to the speed limit which the car obtains from either the satnav or the road signs and slow you down for bends. I could set a 50mph cruise on a 60mph road, then the cruise reset at 30mph through a village, then went back up to 60mpg rather than 50mph on reaching the 60mph signs. I don't want the car to tell me what the cruise should be set at, I wish it to set it to what I want. Also braking for bends was too harsh and uncomfortably fast. I am happy with how my car is set, whatever it is called. I am happy that it keeps a good distance from the traffic in front, although I would actually prefer to not have braking on downhill sections as the application is rather crude and uncomfortable.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.