Everything posted by Routemaster1461
-
Help - ACC
I have ACC on our Karoq. Spent extra specifying it and wish I hadn't wasted my money. You can turn the adaptive part off and essentially use it as a normal cruise control, although I can't tell you how as I did it 2-3 years ago. It still controls the distance from the car in front and applies brakes to prevent overspeeding down hills.
-
SOS fault?
Mine was in for the 4th occurrence of this fault where it could be practically guaranteed to alarm in any journey exceeding 10 miles. Initially it was diagnosed as a faulty aerial (there are 2, both previously changed, one twice. This time technical requested a software update. I was a bit dubious, as software updates hadn't fixed it before, but this time it hasn't faulted since. although I have only taken it out twice since it was carried out.
-
Daft Sat Nav question..
The simplest thing to do is to use google maps, Waze or Apple Carplay. These should be compatible with a 2019 car. I havethe Skoda satnav in my Karoq, but I hardly use it except as a back-up as 'Laura' is useless setting destinations, and seems to be getting worse.
-
NAV on Virtual Cockpit
On my Karoq, if I set a destination on Google maps, the Skoda map comes up. It is easy to convert back to how I want it, like in the middle photo above. On the right of the steering wheel, press the button on the bottom left. Then scroll to what you want, in my case, overview. Leave it a few seconds and the diagram will increase in size. I like mine on 'since start',if it is on any other reading, after overview is selected press the scroll bar to change the setting to what you want.
-
RPM drops to zero when driving and at low speeds
But the revs wouldn't drop to zero.
-
RPM drops to zero when driving and at low speeds
Obviously only possible with an auto gearbox.
-
Boot light upgrade
The boot light is not detachable on my late 2021 car, and I suspect it was discontinued earlier.
-
Dashcam for New Kodiaq
The screen is not in my face. It is on the left of the rear view mirror at the top of the windscreen (RHD car) and it is out of my normal vision. It is no distraction to me, but I undestand it may be an issue for some.
-
Nextbase DashCam memory cards
I have a 64gb Sandisk Ultra A1 and it is fine. In our Skoda I have a Viofo camera, and it is fitted with a Viofo card. These are cheaper than Nextbase cards.
-
Dashcam for New Kodiaq
I have a Nextbase camera. I tried usb c, I tried a 2 amp supply, I tried several cables. The camera would work for a while until the battery ran down. It appeared that the screen and the recording were using more power than the power supply could provide so it switched off when the battery was flat. When I used a 3A supply it was fine. I also have a Viofo camera which works fine on usb c. This camera will not light the screen in normal use.
-
Dashcam for New Kodiaq
Just be aware that using a usb c as power source may be a problem. I couldn't get a Nextbase to work on usbc or on a bullet adaptor until I upgraded to a 3 amp connector.
-
Headlamp adjuster not working MOT fail, Christmas nightmare.
Was this a dangerous fault, and when did/does the old MOT expire. If not considered dangerous then you can still drive if your old MOT has not expired.
-
Insurance charges on 2021 Karoq 1.5Tsi SEl
My daughter has a Renault Captur and her renewal for the new year has gone down £20. Maybe she crossed an age threshold.
-
SOS system dropping out
Does it drop out or do you get a fault message and the tell tale above your head change from green to red? I've had this fault attended to 3 times now, and it is due in again the day after Boxing Day. You may be told it's an issue with mobile phone coverage or that a software update is required, but in my experience it is likely to be a hardware fault.
-
SOS fault?
Sorry to resurrect this. My Karoq has been in to Skoda 3 times for SOS fault. Last time was before taking the car on a 2000 mile trip to Germany and Austria where it performed perfectly. Yesterday I had the emergency alarm fault 4 times in 50 miles. Sigh! Here we go again. A good job I took out an extra 2 years manufacturers warranty (perhaps there was a warranty on the last repair)
-
Kamiq Software update (Yes/No/How)
I don't know about your car, and I have no experience of iphones, but in our Karoq my wife's Samsung A40 will connect with Google Maps wirelessly, but my A12 will only connect via cable. Oddly, in our other 2019 (non VW group) car neither will connect wirelessly, but I keep getting messages about my phone not supporting 5G but only after I have been using it in the car. This all appears to be a very dark art.
-
Help with this error!
The first picture is confusing me. As you have replacd the spark plug on cylinder 3, I assume that it is a petrol car. As such I thin it is doubtful whether it is fitted with glow plugs!
-
Matrix headlight adjust for Europe
On my 21 car, the adjustment isn't in settings. It is in Vehicle, then settings, then lights. If you do find it there and change the setting, don't just select and then go back to menu as the setting will not change. You must go back until you are on the menu screen.
-
Driving mode select on a new Karoq 1.5TSI SE Drive DSG
To select on my car you press the mode button button down by the gear selector. The mode selection appears in the centre screen, and you then prsss the mode button to move it to the one you want.
-
Rejecting My IV
I have had an issue with my extended warranty which I paid for, have proof of payment, but which didn't appear on the agent's screen. I found out about 4th September, three year warranty running out 29th October., so I went back to the supplying agent next day, supplying them with details. After several calls and visits it still wasn't sorted last Friday, so I emailed customer services the same day. I got a call on Saturday afternoon and spoke to a very nice chap who said he would look into it and call be back in the next couple of days. Tuesday I got another call from customer services saying it was sorted, confirmed by another visit to the agent. The customer services shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush. They did a good job for me!
-
Eco light on even though in Normal mode
There is always confusion here. There are 4 modes, one of which is economy. This is not the same as when the ECO symbol appears. One of the 4 modes is individual. If you select that and press change, you will get a screen giving you options. On my car (may not be the same on all) the categorie and options are: Steering: Normal, sport. Drive: Normal, sport, eco ACC: Normal, sport, eco Light assist: normal, sport A/C: Normal, eco My assumption is that when you select normal setting, all settings are normal (there is a normal for each) If you select sport setting, the settings remain normal except that sport is selected if available. If you select eco, all settings remain normal apart from those with the eco option. If you select individual you can choose any combination of options I drive my car either in normal or sport, and the only thing I notice is that the steering is marginally heavier. I have a manual, so there is no effect on the gearbox, and some say that throttle response is sharper but I can't feel a difference.
-
Can I add Lane Assist?
Don't forget that it only works above a certain speed, around 40-45mph. I had a problem with mine, as I live in a rural area with many quite fast, quite narrow single carriageway roads, wher it was difficult to drive without staying to close to the centre line for the system. It would also moan at me to 'stay in the middle of your lane' or similar. Luckily I have been able to switch mine off permanently.
-
Help....
This could be an ABS fault.
-
Ok just to Change 2 tyres on 4X4?
I have heard that this can be an issue but I don't know if it applies to a Kodiaq. It may only apply to full-time 4 wheel drives. I would be more concerned about having two different types on different 'axles' as the grip properties may be sufficiently different to cause handling problems.
-
SOS fault?
The emergency system is independent of your phone. Apparently it has its own (vitual) Sim Card.