Everything posted by Routemaster1461
-
Problems with Kodiaq, after adding adblue
The Adblue is not mixed with anything. It is sprayed directly into the exhaust before the catalytic converter. Citroen and Peugeot used to use EOLYS fluid to make regeneration of the DPF happen at a lower temperature. This fluid is injected into the fuel tank and is transferred along with the fuel to the engine.
-
SOS fault?
It is possible that a software update will solve the issue, but as I reported, mine had the sofware updated each of the 3 times it went in. There are two aerials, one has been replaced one, one twice, and I'm happy to report that I have done oover 3000 miles to Austria and back without a recurrence. The car is just coming up to tree years old and the end of the warranty. However I paid for an extra 2 years, but somehow the payment got lost in the system, and Skoda seem to be having trouble gettingthe information into their computer system. Should be easy but not successful you, although they do acknowledge that I paid. So hopefullly nother 2 years not worrying about it.
-
Traffic sign recognition coding
Shouldn't really do that as this was apparently banned under EU rules, and subsequently incorporated in ours. However, I know that some Range Rovers and the like can be coded to do this. My daughter's Renault Capture does as well. In the mid 80s we were driven bonkers by someone down our road who had the chirping on a Ford of some description. Wh would be in bed and he would come home, two chirps as he locked his car, another when he unlocked it because he had forgotten something, two more when he locked it again. Every night! No wonder they tried to stop it. Why do you need the sound. If itis to confirm the car is loked, the indicators on most cars flash.
-
Dashcam fitting
I have had no end of trouble with my Nextbase camera. I tried powering it from the usb c sockets (I don't have the one by the mirror), and the camera would work for a while then switch off. I tried using a 12V bullet adaptor, again no luck. It appeared from the lights on the camera that, whilst recording, the power supply was not supplying enough power. So I bought a 2 x 3 amp power supply (original 2.1 amp). Still no luck. Then I bought a high capacity lead. It then worked OK. Changing back to either the original power supply or lead and it failed again. The issue for me was that as the socket was permanently live, that there may be some trouble with battery drain. So I decided to transfer the camera to our other car which has a switched 12V socket, and it is fine. I replaced the Nextbase in the Karoq with a Viofo camera, which came with a 2 x 3 amp power supply and a hefty cable. Connected to one of the usb c sockets, and it works absolutely fine. It also has the advantage that it will take much larger capacity SD cards, giving plenty of recording time. I hope this may be helpful to anyone having difficulty with a Nextbase camera.
-
Speed Alert
Pretty sure that the change from 40 to 30 should be signed. Presumably there is nothing going the other way?
-
What is YOUR best MPG with the DSG gearbox?
Are you constantly using aircon, as that will knock 4-5mpg off.
-
Usb C socket near to rear view mirror for dashcam........issues.
I have had a lot of issues with a dashcam. I tried to power a new dashcam from one if my front USB c sockets, but I had to use adaptors to convert from USB c to USB a, a datablocking cable(dashcam tried to connect with 'computer'), then a USB a to mini cable. I then tried to use a bullet 2.1 amp supply, but again it would not work properly. I eventually realised that the power supply was not capable of supplying enough power to operate the camera and to charge the battery. So I bought a high quality USB a to mini cable and a 2 x 3 amp power supply. The new power supply on its own didn't do the trick, neither did the new cable. But with both the camera seems to work as it should. The only issue I have now in my Karoq is the fact that the 12V socket is permanently live, so it won't switch off. It is fine in our other car which has a switched 12V socket.
-
Sport Mode
If you go to the individual mode you will see a list of options you can choose from. On my car, these are: Steering: Sport/normal Drive: Sport/normal ACC: Sport/normal/Eco Light Assistance: Sport/normal A/C: Normal/Eco So I assume that sport mode the first 4 change, although the only one that I notice is that the steering gets heavier. I feel no change in throttle response, although it may change slightly. Interestingly I had a 73 reg T-Roc as a loan car a while ago and when set to Sport, this was retained after an engine stop, whereas mine defaults back to normal.
-
KESSY Key
Sliding key. Just had a VW T-Roc R-Line loan car. That had a flip-out key and the key had to be inserted old-school. I did some searches on the internet and found a supplier of keys for ~ £20, which I would just canniballise, but she found it just in time. My keys have CR2032 as standard.
-
KESSY Key
Wife went to her mother's house today. Found the cover on a footstool. Now refitted.
-
KESSY Key
Wife went to her mother's house today. Found the cover on a footstool. Now refitted.
-
KESSY Key
Bit of an odd one. Somehow my wife has lost the removable part of her Karoq key case. Just wondering if anyone has a non-functioning key going spare so we can replace the missing part. Also posted in Karoq forum.
-
KESSY Key
Bit of an odd one. Somehow my wife has lost the removable part of her Karoq key case. Just wondering if anyone has a non-functioning key going spare so we can replace the missing part. Also posted in Kodiaq forum as the keys are probably identical.
-
What is YOUR best MPG with the DSG gearbox?
Not a DSG, but I did get an indicated 93mpg over about 10 miles once. Mind you, it was in Austria, and the destination was ~500metres, ~1640 feet lower than the start.
-
Running engine to stop Battery going flat, when vehicle is not used.
Depending on the age of the car, the sockets may remain permanently live. They are on our late 2021 Karoq, and I wish they were switched.It meant I had to get a special adapter when using our car fridge, and it may cause me issues with a dashcam. I don't have the car at present as it is in having its SOS system sorted for the third time, but in the 73 reg VW T-Roc I have as a loan car, the socket (front anyway) is switched so the later Karoqs may have reverted to switched sockets.
-
What is YOUR best MPG with the DSG gearbox?
It isn't only the extra weight that requires extra fuel. There is also extra rolling resistance due to all the extra rotating parts. Many of these may well cause extra friction even in 2WD if it is possible.
-
DSG mechatronic failure .... UK parts pricing surprise!
I don't have DSG, but I have taken out the extra 2 years warranty, so bills like this should be avoided.
-
Returning to the Skoda fold.
I know this is a little late, but if you press the start button without putting your foot on the clutch, the majority of the car functions will work. May not apply for some software updates
-
Correct Tyre Pressure?
Sorry, I'm confused by this. If the rear axle maximum load is 800kg and the tyre will carry 615kg, then the two tyres on the axle will be able to carry 1230kg, well in excess of maximum tyre load. Or am I missing something?
-
Does the 1.5 TSI Have Rear Disc Brakes?
I all the time I have had cars with TPMS, the system warned me before I had any idea that there was an issue. The indirect systems usually alert when the tyre has gone down by 6-7 psi, which isn't enough to feel. Luckily I have not had anything worse than slow punctures cause by screw or nails.
-
Karoq 2020 SE L TSI 1.5 petrol engine rear fitted camera.
The camera isn't at the centre of the car, so it is unlikely you can do anything about it.
-
SOS fault?
The first reason I was given was that the system was changing network providers, and this was causing problems. Last occasions I had real problems was 4 alarms on a 25 mile local journey, and 3 times on a short journey to the supermarket. So unlikely to be a chaege of network. It also did a couple of thousand miles through France, Germany, Switzerland and Austria, and must have changed networks several times. Anyway, heard from the agent this morning, System stripped out and tested. Skoda Tech want another new aerial fitted (I did ask, there are two). I'll be taking it to Austria again in a month's time. So we shall see!
-
SOS fault?
Whenever this happens to me the green light is replaced by a red light. Usually can be cancelled by stopping the engine and waiting for systems to shut. My attitude is that it is something that I have paid for, something that has the potential to save lives, and I expect it to work properly.
-
SOS fault?
The first two occasions they replacd an aerial (don't know whether it was 2 different ones or the same one twice). Wok gratis as under warranty. This time I think they are replacing a control unit. Also not, first time they did a software updat frst, there may have been an update second time.
-
SOS fault?
I've had this issue on my Karoq 3 times. First 2 occasions it wa in for 5 days each time. Been having trouble again all summer with occasional alarms. I was going on a 3 week contnental trip and I would have likes to get it sorted, and the only place that could look at it before my trip was ~25 miles away. The car disgraced itself by alarming 4 times on the journey there. Skoda wanted to 'strip out' the system, but couldn't do it before our trip. So away we went, no alarms for over 2 weeks and a couple of thousand miles, but then 5 alarms in the remaining trip. The car went in yesterday, so we used it a couple of times on Sunday to fill with fuel. Alarm went off 3 times in about 5 miles. Luckily all of this is under warranty, with a nice VW T-Roc R line as a loan car for as long as it takes. My advice is that it will cost a lot to fix, but as it is a common known problem (despite what the agent tells you) you may be able to get it looked at and some kindof contribution. Won't do any harm to ask.