Everything posted by tombee
-
Rear 12V socket removal
It wasn’t damaged when they first had the car when they had to take everything off etc but for some reason was this time when replacing things properly which they should of done previously. I don’t have an issue with Service Dept as it’s not them doing the work but the workshop are more like monkeys with a hammer
-
Rear 12V socket removal
This I understand and get even with the following the same routes of the OEM routes. This was mentioned over the phone when being told that everything had been done and they couldn’t get these sockets working again, so I said yes I had them installed and you need to push the button to turn on the usb charge unit. But what I don’t get is the damage not the missing fuse, with the former being done previously to start this whole mess and it working after collecting the car but not after 48 hours of the car being there this week. I have phoned the service department and explained, you could tell he was oh for Christ sale not again and has said did I want them to do the repairs or for them to order the parts, I have said I will do the repairs Had a lovely loaner and being new you are like yes I like Skoda and then their workshop does this and you think nope no more Skodas!
-
Rear 12V socket removal
The front USB/Apple car play was working not these ones Ahh I had read it was a 30amp fuse, have a 20amp so will swap that then
-
Rear 12V socket removal
Thanks, had found it, seems nothing in 40, 39 yes but not 40. Added a 30Amp into 40 and we are back in business again
-
Recirculating Button not working
Car is finally sorted, all new parts fitted now, new centre arm rest, new rear vents, new a pillar covers. Only thing they have broken is the USB in the centre rest, completely removed the wires from the step down unit! Then the unit nor the cig USB unit was working but found that the fuse wasn't there!! Also the wiring and harness for rear camera has been put elsewhere, I think they have had fun haha
-
Rear 12V socket removal
I don't suppose anyone knows the fuse location/number for the rear cig lighter? Car back from Skoda today with only thing not working or being resolved is my rear USB unit which is wired into the Cig lighter, also the USB in the arm isn't working which takes a feed from this. I have found this when looking at the wires, so will explain one thing, shocking that a main dealer does this! But wanting to prove a fuse is the issue due to them doing this, before I start to have a go at them
-
Recirculating Button not working
I think that this one is just not meant to be, come to realise that these feel better when fully loaded etc, must be how the rake is other wise I feel the rear is always light but its more stable now with the Bilsteins
-
Recirculating Button not working
Hey @Binx1310 sorry for the delay in coming back to you. I was away in Cornwall/Devon last week, France was fine we drove to Bruges also. The latest trip to Devon etc highlighted some niggles with the car, which has not been made any easier to the fact the car has to go back for a 3rd time to have the issues of trim and damage to some parts needing to be addressed still, with that early next year we will look to move away from Skoda!! The centre arm rest still doesn't shut correctly, steering wheel misaligned, fixing bolts missing so the centre console is wobbly (found the bolt when hoovering the car) other trim not right or unsure why it has been touched etc, A pillars either not put back correctly or just covered in dirty finger prints and then the centre dash vent not put back correctly along with the a rear vent trim broken!! I was looking to change for that newer Skoda but told the sales girl today I wouldn't buy another due to the workshop not being competent in putting a car back together and so don't trust them if the car had to go back moreover with a newer car. I have raised my concerns with the service manager (who has been very understanding, knowing its not him doing the work and having to go by the workshop) so its back on Monday! But the recirculating button does work!
-
Lowering springs help please
So which ones for an 220 Estate? I don't want slammed just a little more control and a few mm lower Since I did the new springs and B6's I had hoped it would settle a little but doesn't seem to have done so.
-
Recirculating Button not working
Got the car back last week, back in tomorrow to sort loose trim pieces and the steering wheel not being straight. But the A/C and Recirculation button is working! France next week
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
Having got a loan Skoda Superb Sportline with the perforated wheel, I have to say I had it feels like plastic
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I think I should of gone with these as mine sits a little higher with the newer bits on That’s if I keep it now haha
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
How much would the pro kit drop the car by?
-
Recirculating Button not working
Its the 1.5 e-tec mild hybrid
-
Recirculating Button not working
Car is fixed, but they are wanting to QC with the original tech, who is off till Monday so I have the above for over the weekend again and a trip to the British GP as well so should be nice...
-
Recirculating Button not working
Car has been in since the 25th, I have a courtesy car, just waiting for an update as they have been short staff etc. But with the massage seats in the 26 plate Sportline I am not sure I want my car back now haha
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
Ouch
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
Yes indeed, big happy family here for sure
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
I do detailing as a side The gear knob and gaiter are for a Mk7 Golf as hated the standard gear knob, no heated wheel all pretty standard stuff
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
Yup, just removed the air bag, old wheel off and this one on with everything working as it should using the same airbag. The dealer checked compatibility etc before hand
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
£260 inc VAT
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
I bought my Alcantara flat bottom wheel with paddles from the Skoda dealer was cheaper than anywhere online. So mush so I had to ask the price twice, also they where then able to ensure fitment too. As others have done fit was easy and everything works
-
Recirculating Button not working
It did say on the video I was sent when they inspected the car after the warranty claim was put in, they didn't mention anything about the de-res pipe or Blstien's as they walk around the car underneath. Just hope its sorted, warranty does seem to be good when justified, with the screen being replaced the other month also.
-
Tyres and grip
This is what I think I am experiencing, that even with doing the suspension this year, B6 and new springs etc, I still get the feeling the rear is loose. Checking the tyres I have Toyo Proxies Sport 2 on the Front (which break traction even when moving in the dry when giving full berries) and Sumitoto on the rear, I wondering now if its the tyres which are the issue. So the tyre of choice for 19's is the PS4, is there any need to have my current tyres balance then or just replace the tyres, which I have wanted to do but also get the wheels refurbed at the same time.
-
Recirculating Button not working
They seem to suggest that the dash has got to come apart etc, as they need it for 2 days but I do get a car, which I have found as car forsale at £30k. So maybe a little more work and additional they have found, either way I need it fixed before going to France next month and then Devon the month after.