Skip to content

travs

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by travs

  1. Yeah the DNF engines (ea888.4) all seem to be the same hardware so the remaps level the playing field by making one map for all of them (essentially making them all DNFX if that makes sense) which does mean a huge bang for buck for the DNFE (moreso than for the others as it’s the lowest standard output). The RacingLine one is lower torque. I flashed at home so my figures are theoretical rather than measured but should be around 420bhp/520NM with R600/induction/intake piping. Agree that TCU should be done - RL do a low torque versions of theirs but I think it’s a missed opportunity. Not sure if TVS limit their torque - but hopefully they’ve all done some fairly rigorous testing.
  2. I’m talking rubbish - that’s map updates. Have a search in this forum; there’ll be the right version floating around!
  3. If you have Canton it’s more likely going to be the amp under the passenger seat. Not sure on the latest MIB2 version but if you don’t have it it’ll be worth getting I would say. There’s a pinned thread at the top of the Audio and Electric forum
  4. Ha. I knew that. Was based in Marple so the rides usually ended with New Mills and back via Hague Bar. Noses filled with the scent of the Swizzels factory! I popped into Sett Valley Cycles a couple of times too. Best of luck with the search for places. Def worth a bit of a trip if it means you find a place that works.
  5. It’s not uncommon unfortunately. Someone else posted asking the same thing in the last couple of months. Something seems to be sticking a little in the brake pedal mechanism. Doesn’t seem to get any worse, doesn’t seem to have any effect and after a while you’ll likely forget it’s there. Curiously I had a 2018 Kia Sportage from new and that developed the exact same thing about 6 months old too.
  6. Good work. I get up to 40 when driving sensibly. My enthusiasm usually drops it to low 30’s but I can live with that.
  7. I did this but found it annoying that when you had it turned off it threw a warning on the dash and on vehicle status. So I removed the last one - “Lane assist off text” which I think is actually the second of the three bold figures in the long coding quote. Much better!
  8. V332 is out now and available on mibhelper. I’ve been a Guinea pig and installed it and not seen any issues so that might return it?
  9. Can def see where it disappears; that might be where it hasn't gone down to the primer, which means just the clearcoat can be polished to flat. Even where there are deeper scratches that go through the colour, you can still soften the edges of the scratch to minimise the light deflection and reduce how obvious it looks.
  10. Oh yeah you're right - that's nuts. I bought the 42w USBA and USBC one - have plenty of USBA-USBC cables so can just use different cable for the different ports This one: Clickety click
  11. I had that window replaced (def go through Insurance/Autoglass if you can as its a stupid price) and was going to mention it, but the guy popped off the chrome trim from the old one so don't think it was relevant to this. It comes with the door seal that goes all the way around the whole window but I don't think it came with the trim...
  12. Depends how destructive you want to be....nice idea though; wish I'd thought of that. I just bought Belkin plug-in units which give off the same sort of power. Very small and can leave them in the plug or in the cubbyhole easily enough.
  13. I'm not familiar with the area on that basis (SW London myself)- just did a bunch of road cycling up there a couple of years ago so have fond memories of the area - Marple, Disley, Glossop, Hayfield, Whaley Bridge, Macclesfield, Buxton, Leek - stunning scenery although its all up and down! Having a mooch about the internet, there's CLP Automotive over in Sheffield which has a good reputation from a chap in the Super section; but there are also a couple of well known names in Stockport - VW-World and VAGManchester/Progressive Parts. They're both well established for sure.
  14. I bloody well hope not. The Stage 2 TVS map for the DNF-engined cars (Golf 8 R, S3 8Y, Formentor etc) is on stock engine and runs to 415bhp and 560NM of torque. Same gearbox. They don’t mention having to map the dsg for it although you’d be silly not to with them; RacingLine and APR both mention a reduced torque version without a DSG map though.
  15. Yep exactly. I have a ton of music on a tiny 64Gb usb stick hardly bigger than the plug itself. Something like this
  16. In fairness if they’re not idiots they’ll just get someone in to do it. But there’s always the chance they’ll try and cut corners on cost. As I always say on detailing matters, search on IDA or PVD websites in your area - that way you’re getting someone who’s trained and qualified and a member of a professional organisation. First thing I did when I did it
  17. No worries - I don’t always put the words in my head on paper so good to check. Ripe for an engine swap then? Or possibly a vRS out later (albeit not in keeping with their style)
  18. Maybe Kopacek/Superskoda? If not, possibly dealer-only...
  19. Congrats! Looks like a solid purchase! I saw 2.0 and immediately assumed 280 🤦‍♂️
  20. In fact, had another email from Racechip about a code for 25% off...can DM you the code if you wannnnnnt?
  21. DNFs are all Gen4/Evo4 engines 🫡 Yep @leolito it would be criminal not to.
  22. Just to update this thread for what I’ve found. Essentially all the DNF engines are identical: DNFB 310ps (Audi S3 8Y, Cupra Formentor) DNFC 300ps (Golf 8 GTI Clubsport, Audi SQ2, T-Roc R) DNFD 320ps (Audi TTS) DNFE 280ps (Skoda Superb 4x4, Arteon, Passat) DNFF 333ps (Golf R 333) DNFG 320ps (Golf 8 R, Arteon R, Tiguan R) The hardware is all the same, it is just the map which is different (technically they have different SIMOS 19 ECUs). This means that tuners are remapping all of them to the same level because the map is applicable to all. So whereas most places advertise the “Superb 280” as all the same (even though 2 different Gen engines across 3 different engine codes), you can skip the confusion and go for e.g Golf 8 options. RacingLine remap is the same and confirmed this; since then I can see APR say the same. There are however a few minor differences - for example, I have found that the exhaust resonator is there on some, but not others. It’s not there on the Superb so no resonator delete option!
  23. Hey. I didn’t use them in the end. They didn’t reply until after I’d sorted myself out and decided I was going to flash it myself (which has worked out well). However, looking back @AlistairCookie was booked in so should be well placed to give feedback!
  24. Mine’s ever so slightly left. Barely noticeable but now I know it’s there, it’s definitely there.
  25. Always disappointing when it looks bad up close. Looking at a good few hundred to have someone clean, decontaminate, correct and protect the paint. Should be a ballpark figure for it. Anyway, don’t let that take the shine off the experience (pardon the pun). Going to test drive a Mk4 for comparison?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.