Skip to content

travs

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by travs

  1. Agree - brilliant forum. Was on it back in 2009/2013 when I had my Fabia VRs and when I came back to the brand this was the first place I needed to come to. Simple as.
  2. Shouldn’t be any variation depending on brand for fitting but there are differences in diameter. I think the original is 19mm. So you have options for 22mm, 24mm, and 25.4mm. I have whiteline which I think is 24mm. It has 2 holes for adjustable stiffness, mines on the stiffest of the two. There’s hardrace and superpro to consider in case they have better reach to wherever you are. Basically, don’t consider, just do. I’ve never read anyone say that it wasn’t worth it, only the complete opposite.
  3. For stop start, just click the gearstick back so it goes into sport mode. Dash will S instead of D or E. Stopstart doesn’t happen and you can be as reactive/lively as you need. Once on the move just do the same and it’ll go back into whatever mode you were in.
  4. Have done the same route a variety of times; paying particular attention to coasting to maximum effect. Not bothered what anyone else thinks, it’s definitely marginal to me.
  5. I think it’s marginal at best for emissions. I’ve had just as decent economy in sport mode being careful on the throttle and enjoying the 0mpg when lifting off. Obviously VW want to be seen to be emissions-focussed given their scandal but it’s not some sort of game changer. It’s not out of gear, it’s just like driving a manual in gear but dipping the clutch and rolling to disconnect the engine and running gear. Actually out of gear would be ‘out of control’ as per the Highway Code (and presumably whichever equivalent in all the other countries). This is obviously legislation-compliant.
  6. @leolito - as soon as you touch the brakes (say going downhill) the engine re-engages so you’ll not be braking harder to compensate for a lack of engine-braking. Although it doesn’t happen under a certain low speed like 20mph.
  7. Yes - basically trading off the small amount of fuel needed to keep the engine idling without the engine drag so rolling for faster for longer, Versus No fuel while the car is rolling-with-no-throttle-in-gear but slowing down quicker as a result and lasting for less time. As a facelift it should happen for you in Eco and Normal profiles. But if you tap the gearstick back into Sport it won’t do it anymore (note that is Sport gearbox mode (sporty version of drive) which you can do in any profile, not the Sport driving profile - which will be in Sport DSG all the time). Kind of obviously, if you knock it over to manual/pull a steering wheel paddle it will also let the clutch back out. Whether it really actually adds anything is pretty subjective and condition-specific. Either way, it’s doing what it was designed to do 👍🏼
  8. Hi Gokhan, It does seem as though mibsolution.one is down and no-one can find the reason. Try searching on here (the electrical forum in particular) as someone may have a copy on a ftp website. Bon chance!
  9. Hello, Excuse me for not writing in English. I'm bad :) I would like your help regarding an update to my Skoda Octavia system. According to MID helper, I do have an update, and it would be MHI2_ER_SKG13_P4526. I tried to access the solution MIB, but it was impossible. Could any of you help me get it, please? Sincerely,
  10. There are a few fixes about creaking noises coming from the sunroof. Sounds like it might be one of those!
  11. Most recent addition to mine is the RS3 brake ducts. Developed by Audi Sport they sit on the lower arms and feed air on the back of the disc to help cooling. Whilst I don’t always do any heavy or repeated braking I do have stints braking down from dual carriageway speeds to a roundabout with the car loaded up and the aim is these will help to keep the disc from not hitting too high a temp.
  12. Good stuff Spen - fingers crossed the hidden horses can be found too!
  13. Nice. They removed the resonator from 2019 onwards so I don’t have an option sadly.
  14. Just checking this pic. That looks like it will fit lengthwise right?
  15. The miles/km seems to get quoted with no change in number. DQ381 service interval is 80,000 miles from what I can see. But that’s the later one (7speed) which came in after your car. But most on here think that’s probably a bit long and prefer to do earlier anyway. This one is probably the DQ250 (6speed)which I think was 40,000miles so may be overdue. Not sure on belt as mine is chain so not on my radar. Good to see the brake fluid changes have been done though. I always take ‘tried to get that info’ with a pinch of salt. Easier to not bother and deal with a customer who doesn’t ask. If it’s not on the service record (mine has all the maintenance stuff on even when done though specialist) there’s a good chance it hasn’t been done. There could have been a mixup with the “DSG service intervals are now 80,000 miles” being though as all of them rather than just the new ones but, either way, it’s done now. It’s decent miles for the age so I’d keep an open mind. Take for a test drive and if you’re happy with that and the price then it’s not a showstopper just yet. Wait for confirmation on the belt (and whether I’ve got anything wrong!)
  16. Sorry to hear about the issue and the dilemma. From a financial point I’d budget for the worst case scenario (assuming that’s including VAT) and add 10% for unforeseen issues. That potentially puts you at £4,400 on a £5,000 car; which is a slim dilemma when you then start to factor lost time without the car etc etc. In relation to the second post I don’t think there’s any difference in engine otherwise there’d be a change of engine code depending on the gearbox (albeit some engines only have a DSG option). If yours could be either then I can think you can choose either.
  17. For me it’s fine. The standard stance was always too thin for me but I’ve always held off spacers because of the potential negative if done badly/wrongly. So this size is a decent enough compromise. I couldn’t see myself going wider.
  18. Here you go. Stupidly I didn’t take a before pic from the same angle but that’s with the spacers. And with the spacers placed on the hub
  19. Looks good on the final product 👍🏼 The Superb 280 AWD has 340mm front brakes and 312mm rear. As I understand it, all other Superbs (all FWD and the diesel AWD) have 312mm front discs and 300mm rear. Are you sure yours are 288mm? That seems to be Octavia or Mk2 Superbs from a quick google search. Also, as donor cars go, the Golf Gti performance pack has 340mm. The standard gti has 312mm. The Golf R has 340mm. As will the gti clubsport.
  20. Think I worded that badly. What I meant was that I would need at least 49mm bolts (38mm original bolt length plus 11mm spacer) if I was to accommodate the entire spacer addition. The bolts I got were 50mm so were 1mm longer. They’re also black so more subtle. I’ve also managed to get a set of black 50mm locking wheel nuts too.
  21. And the 280 is 193g/kg so would have been £3,300 first time round! Maybe another reason Skoda has dropped the DNFE from the Skoda Mk4 (so far).
  22. I thought you had 306 already going on your first post. Going from 270 was not as easy. I think you needed something from the dealer - some code I can't think of at the mo. 276 was utter garbage - that was the one with Carplay issues, gps location wildly off, profiles not loading, errors with emergency call etc. etc. Once off that everything else is very undramatic. Thanks for the 332 link - nabbed it and will stick on my mega site. Glad all sorted!
  23. You're right good find - its not in his folder view hence why I missed it. Few options there then!
  24. Any links to mibsolution will be broken as that site seems to be down. That's where everyone was getting them from up until now I think. I've created and uploaded 308 and 330 now so download at your leisure. Trav's Mega site

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.