Everything posted by travs
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
You’re forfeiting the fitting and balancing entirely at the mo. If you’re not in a rush then all good though
-
GPS clock in France still on GMT
Agree with patent - in the short term uncheck and set manually. Not sure why it hasn’t. Will probably do it on the way home 🤪
-
AWD Oil Change and maintaining warranty
Thanks for the responses and info chaps. History of the car: Was GMs company car at Carr’s Exeter for 6m/4900 miles from Mar21. They gave it an early oil change at the point of selling to me. First service was Sept22/11500m using scheduling on the car. Then this email out of the blue. No mention of AC. Unsurprised if upselling is just as incompetent. I queried it with the guy at Skoda HQ and he reckoned I could be on some other schedule (don’t have the details to hand) but they also couldn’t find the car initially, and then reckoned it was Crystal Black when I’ve always been under the impression it was Black Magic (no stickers in the boot or in any door jams confirming); that was about the engine cover recall and he was rubbish on both counts so figures with your info that they’re outsourced toot I’m not surprised. Car’s def a keeper. Wasn’t looking to extend the warranty. Ok so to be clear I’m not reading this incorrectly, the warranty can be maintained using someone that can service properly using OE parts and processes and can then update the online database? And that the main dealers are given a bit of a Carte Blanche that they will achieve that, but they’re not the only ones that are eligible?
-
AWD Oil Change and maintaining warranty
Thought this is best in here - despite model, I presume the AWD thing concerns multiple models but feel free to move. Had an email from local dealer to say all-wheel-drive-system oil change is due. Superb 280, March 21 reg, 13.5k miles. I thought from posts on service that it (assuming ’it’ is aka Haldex oil change?) wouldn’t be due for a while. So 2 questions: 1. Are they right? When chatting to HQ they couldn’t find my car on private plate which doesn’t give me masses of confidence. 2. Warranty will be to March 24 - do I absolutely have to go to a dealer to maintain or is there anyone else that can do so? Not looking to sacrifice warranty or cut costs; just have no faith in dealer and the others in the area aren’t much better seemingly - have been searching with not much luck on a direct answer.
-
Recent sellers
Thought I'd mention: @SimonD316 @Timmyboy @Gizmo All great to purchase from. Cheers all! Lee
-
Engine Cover Dealer Delete
I'll guess the Skoda response to that: "Definitely one or the other". Fingers crossed.
-
SOLD - New unused tablet holder for rear passengers.
I’ll grab that off you if still available Gizmo
-
Engine Cover Dealer Delete
No wonder - he didn’t have a clue. Almost feel sorry for him. Will sack that off and just stick a complaint in a couple of weeks. Cheers toot
-
Engine Cover Dealer Delete
Quite literally sweet fanny adams. Reckon it’s all on the dealer - told me the dealer would have sent the letter out and the dealer has no definitive timescale on when the new one will be in stock. I kept asking the guy about what Skoda UK knew or did or possible for and he wouldn’t answer. Seems to be no accountability from Skoda UK - he didn’t seem to give a t0ss anyway. For all the risk it’ll do me I might as well be a Skoda dealer.
-
Engine Cover Dealer Delete
Make sure you hold them to as strict account when it comes to supplying the new one.
-
Engine Cover Dealer Delete
Well this has taken an interesting turn. Currently on a chat with a CSR at Skoda HQ. He phoned Allams to ask about the engine cover and the response initially was: Steven01:43 PM Thank you so much for your patience. Allams Škoda has advised that your vehicle is not coming up on their system, according to them your vehicle has not yet been at their Centre. He then asked me if I could recall who I spoke to? Like as if that's the defining information, isn't he sitting in front of a computer with all my details on clearly showing the dealer to be talking b0ll0cks?
-
Engine Cover Dealer Delete
Not unfair points; I was being a tad glib. I've not noticed any difference in noise (I've dialled out Racechip pedal box on R+ now so I'm def not sensitive enough to pick up on a subtle noise difference). Not sure when the part changed, but MOT on mine wouldn't start until March 2024 so Skoda haven't thought of the ramifications at the 3-year point, or will cross the bridge when customers start complaining on MOT failures, or rely on some statute of limitations to excuse their responsibility by that time (last points being a little conspiracy theorist). My dealer, Allams in Epsom, haven't responded so will put in a little follow-up.
-
Engine Cover Dealer Delete
Tbh, aside from toot’s principle of buying something now no longer in my possession, and the dealer doing nothing, tbh I deal with it by closing the bonnet and getting on with my life.
-
Engine Cover Dealer Delete
Funny you should mention this. Had the same recall notice. Mine said that the dealer should remove and fit a replacement but that one might not be in stock. I took the cover off to be on the safe side (even though I agree I couldn’t see how it could work ‘that’ loose) and left it in the boot for them (thinking Skoda would probably want to gather the recalled parts). No replacement was put on and no follow up from them about it either…so far they’ve done sweet FA about it - so if they say you should have it done, ask the stupid question (you have the updated part to replace?) and check afterwards that they’ve bothered. And yep the engine looks crap without it.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Thats nuts. Need my warranty to expire to jump on the tuning bandwagon 😬
-
Back. After a long time away
Nice - should be pretty engaging and worthy of a bit of tuning
-
Back. After a long time away
Think this is relatively dead. How long you been away? I was the same. Fabia mk1 vrs from 2009 to 2016, then off-brand until the Superb. The brand’s come leaps and bounds in that time for sure
-
Koni Special Active being fitted today
I also thought they were aftermarket DCC compatible. And we’re the only ones I’d heard of that in that sense. Are there no options for replacing DCC shocks with non-OE that do the same thing? Though given the leaking that changing them was par for the course
-
What are these Alloys?
So sitting round the centrebore on the outside of the spacer? In theory, yes I think so, but are there no options to buys the wheels with matching centrebore? Feels like lots of bits put together but I'm probably being over-cautious about it.
-
Glove box won't stay closed
no issue with not sitting in place but didn't notice the panel gap isn't great and it hangs out a little. Will try to look at the catch and spray it...
-
New wheels advice please
Thanks John. Borbet have a decent reputation as far as I know so good to confirm. Just noticed a few other brands that I didn’t recognise and the internet always has at least one story of a friend of a friend who’s wheel buckled. I’m going to hold off swapping for the time being. I do like the Trinitys although may have them painted to dial out some of the shine which disappears as soon as you press the brakes first time after a wash. You’re right though, larger discs and, I think, vented rears. Either way I like how the 19s fill the arches with minimal tyre profile so wouldn’t want to reduce wheel size too much. But the all weather idea might certainly be a decent solution on top of learning to park…
-
DCC worth searching for, or fit Koni Special Actives?
Prefer the various different natures of vehicle the different settings gives. it’s not an all out racer by any means but a very competent mile muncher and does a decent b-road blast if needed. Would probably change to aftermarket shocks when needed especially given the chance of leaking at some point. I’d def go for DCC if the option is budgetable
-
New wheels advice please
Hey all, After a calamitous 14months where me and the Mrs have ruined the Trinity Anthracites on the car. 2 fold; clearly too concerned about getting a whisker from the kerb and also the spokes are such that they catch the kerbstones about 2 inches from the rim. The tyre bead doesn’t do enough and I’ve now noticed chunks torn from it anyway. Cherry on top is now a kerbing so bad that the sidewall has given up on one. So - whilst I was looking at swapping the wheels for something a little more dished in time anyway, I think there’s probably little point in spending the money to refurb and get 2 new tyres (wouldn’t change just one) just to risk catching them again and being annoyed with myself. So…I’ve got the specs for the car as Center Bore / Hub Bore: 57.1 mm Bolt Pattern (PCD): 5x112 Wheel Fasteners: Lug bolts Thread Size: M14 x 1.5 and 235/40R19 96W 8Jx19 ET44 42 - 46 Are there any brands to stay away from? Anything to consider with regard offset? And the originals - worth a refurb and sell? In all honesty I think last time I checked, only 1 rear didn’t show any war wounds so I hardly think it’s worth putting the tyres back on after a hypothetical refund and selling on; would only realistically be any point in selling 2 tyres on one axle. Feel free to hit me with any parking appraisals as a cursory albeit preaching to the choir etc
-
Throttle Response Change Using VCDS
+1 to this. I did the Audi mod and noticed a mild difference (not everyone does) but tbh I just tuned that out of my mind after a few days. Now have the box set to R+ with hair trigger and am used to that. messy to do - just interrupts the loom: loom plugs into box, box plugs into pedal.
-
Koni Special Active being fitted today
Glad you’re enjoying it. Standard springs or lowered as well?