Skip to content

travs

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by travs

  1. It’s speculative as to whether the OP’s quote was making that point, but higher torque at lower revs has always been associated with more stress on the bottom end - whether it’s ‘too much’ and the car changes gear is trusted to be down to VAGs design. I’m not questioning whether that’s set at the right point or not is not for me to say. But as I said right at the start it’s pointless pontificating over detail-less hearsay
  2. Good to have a resolution to it. The are days when it takes as few seconds more but other than that mine has been spot on so sounds like you’re in the same place too now.
  3. Oh that eco mode - changes up early and lower revs putting more strain on bottom end of engine, maybe that translates to different stresses through the gearbox shafts? Could speculate all day tbh. Think it’s perfectly fine for cruising/flowing along, I tend to flick it to sport when getting to junctions so the car responds in a decent gear and then back to E/D afterwards.
  4. Going to be tougher to speculate why someone else said/wrote what they did: did they not elaborate? If not then I’d not pay too much attention to it. Otherwise it might be some misguided thing about petrol being used to idle the engine in eco mode rather than an engaged clutch meaning no petrol is needed to turn the engine over. I’d say the phallacy about that is the fact the latter has more resistance and the car will slow quicker - whereas it runs on longer in Eco. But whether it’s true or not I don’t know. It’s probably more complicated with dependant conditions etc but probably not as easy as a one-liner to say one method is good or bad. Where did you read it? Some article somewhere?
  5. Colourwise they keep quoting Black Magic as a colour. This is what it can look like up close so anything that that colour will look like this. It has what look like Royal Blue. Turquoise and Silver flecks in it. You only really notice those in particular light but it does mean the normal colour is not a deep pure black but almost with a midnight blue hue to it.
  6. That looks a great spec and some nice understated touches to it. Love the bootlip. Very subtle
  7. Sounds positive. Fingers crossed for the longer runs. Takes a bit to have faith in it but once done it’s the car you always wanted it to be
  8. Not in champagne?
  9. MY21 280 DQ381. Coasts in E and D but not S. Probably from the olden days of driving but I’ve always thought moving an auto lever while moving was criminal. Not sure these days. I understand coasting is dipping the clutch - not in neutral but the same effect on the engine. I concluded its been decided the payoff of no engine braking & using idle fuel is better then engine braking and no fuel but slowing down quicker and having to add throttle sooner. Either that or it’s to try and recover reputation after dieselgate
  10. Pretty sure v306 is the one to move to software-wise.
  11. My dad worked for Citroen in his last job and said they’d said from a manufacturer POV the AC was a pref over a sunroof for the various structural and maintenance reasons. I’ve never missed it when having a car without one but if I do I like having it open when night driving as a personal pref.
  12. Yep. Nothing noticed in auto in either E/S/D. Doesn’t have to be full throttle and I haven’t gone through every rev range to identify but it’s pretty noticeable to me
  13. One thing I get on when changing manually is a bit of a thump going from 3rd to 4th. All other gear changes are seamless. 7speed wet clutch. Is that a ‘thing’ or something that ideally needs looking at?
  14. Bought my march 21 model in sept 21 and it flagged it on the drive back from Exeter to London. Entertainment software update fixed it. Big update - needs booking in for a few hours but yep the dealer said if it doesn’t work you may need some new hardware too. Def a warranty thing and absolutely should be dealt with by the dealer happily. Ours also fixed the gps going nuts and profile not loading. Fingers crossed for you.
  15. Ours is a March 21 which seems to be referred to as a 206kw but is also referred to as a 280 - was under the impression it’s different to the 272… has 7speed wet clutch. Def prefer the L&K look especially if subtlety is a requirement but not as if the Sportline is garish. Agree with previous comments that some features like digital dash were rarely specked on Sportlines from what I could find. As for sunroof my previous was a Kia Sportage and the panoramic roof was fine. That’s a difference between hatch and estate - former has sunroof, latter has panoramic.
  16. Yeah would be surprised if the silicate issue resolves one side and not the other unless there are different matrices for different sides?
  17. My mib3 had similar issues - my dealer brought it in for an update (which worked) but did say that if it didn’t work the next step is to pull it in for new min hardware; which I’d read about on here for unsold Golf 8s. Would have thought the dealer would have suggested - if not suggest it to them (tell them numerous owners on forum have had the same) and if they don’t go along with that then get a second opinion (maybe if someone on here knows a dealer that does suggest it - Allams in Epsom did but hope there are plenty closer who would say the same.
  18. Another supporter of the racechip xlr here. Fitted once I managed to psychologically overcome the concept of locking the car with the front door open. Stored in cubbyhole, job’s a good’un.
  19. The STs (estates) in the previous model were 4wd. All the hatches were fwd including Cupra 290/280.
  20. +1 for the software update. March 21 car, picked it up at 6 months old. Had SOS errors from the start. If there was one lingering when you turned the car on it couldn’t validate your profile and so you didn’t get anything on the MMB. Also GPS had me miles away from where we were on occasion. Update to latest software sorted everything. Has been weeks since with no issue. Been through classic part of m25 where SOS would arise and nothing. Can’t be done OTA but I think it enables future OTA updates I think (I could be wrong on that). Def do it.
  21. This is insane - I've been wondering where the SD slot referred to in all the documentation is; at no point does anything talk about OTA updates. So I'm on 270, I had an update download while driving (stopped when the car moved, but continued when we were in traffic. I now get a popup telling me to install an available update but when I click on the install button, it goes to engineering mode and then has nothing in the list of media to install from. If I'm reading the above right, I need to go to a dealer and get them to run the update so I can get the OTA updates working properly, is that right? And if they're not happy, raise a complaint with Skoda UK?
  22. Cheers Ian, good to know there is an updated version from 270 because it is dogsh**e. Life’s got in the way of chasing the dealer up but it’s getting to the top of my list of things to do especially with the recall on the engine cover letter coming through.
  23. Recently been getting a pop up for a software update. Have had these sporadically throughout ownership since Sept, but this time I pressed on download and, when we were stopped in traffic it would show a download indicator. I thought it was just for stuff like maps or the other apps through the shop, but now when I hold Menu and click on software download/version it goes into Engineering Mode. Looks a bit like this. When you follow the menu options to download there’s no option to. There are some other options for activation codes and something else. Otherwise i’m just left with the option of quitting Engineering mode and it reboots Columbus. So nothing gets done. Is this for the main software download/update rather than just maps/Skoda connect stuff? If so, what’s depressing is that I seem to have v270 which is fairly up to date and therefore all my woes won’t necessarily be resolved by a software update unless there’s a newer version.
  24. Maybe drop into conversation you can see the list of updates so they know it can be immediately checked.
  25. Best of luck with the research and…motions 😁

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.