Everything posted by peter3197
-
Front end sitting up
The backend looks low compared to mine. My dimensions from floor to arch are 68.5 cm rear, 68.2 front. Have you got any weight in the back?
-
Clock resets to European time
Did you not just untick the summer time box in set up?
-
Winter wheels and tyres-FREE
Thank you
-
Winter wheels and tyres-FREE
I'm aware of the differences but these ran quite happily on my mk3 1.2TSI combi for 2 winters and were originally on a Mk2 combi. They are Mytyres wheels for Fabia Mk2 and there are original Skoda wheel trims to match.
-
Winter wheels and tyres-FREE
These are now going for free. I want the space back in my garage.
-
Mk3 rims
I fitted these, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-steel-wheels-VW-Golf-VII-Variant-AUV-205-55-R16-91V-Goodride-all-season/124080302808?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 and got a set of Superb/Yeti wheel trims and put new centre badges on them.
-
1.4 tsi New Cam Belt Cost
Basically when you make up your mind whether Skoda uk are right (5 years) or sometime a long way in the future (official Skoda Workshop manual).
-
Mk3 rims
I wouldn't possibly argue that point with you and I use my sat nav GPS speed to set the speed on cruise control but if you use 215/55/R16 without having a chat with your insurance you may have problems with a claim.
-
Mk3 rims
GPS and the speedo are 2 different things, 225/45/R17 and 205/55/R16 for all intents and purpose are the same circumference and give a speedo difference of 0.38%
-
Mk3 rims
Not if you have 205/55/R16 which are a Skoda original fitment.
-
Mk3 rims
Changing to 205/55 tyres with 16" are the correct combo and I found them to make a considerable difference over rough roads. 60 profile will throw the speedo out by about 5% and on 16" rims are not an approved size which may give you insurance problems.
-
Mk3 rims
I would concur with the 16" being more comfortable. I came from a Fabia with 15" to a 1.4 TSI SEL with 17" and couldn't put up with the ride. Fitted 16" steels with all seasons tyres, much better. Anybody want some 17" alloys?
-
Portable Display Unit won't connect to car data
Glad you got it sorted. I was pretty certain it was a connection issue. I had the same problem with mine when the car I bought hadn't had a PID on it and it took a lot of cleaning of the contacts to get it working.
-
Portable Display Unit won't connect to car data
When you took the photos, was the ignition on? If so, it looks as though there is no connection with the car at all as the battery in the PIDis not charging. Does the radio show on the PID if it is on on the media section?
-
Crank Seal Oil Leak
If it's that many seals I would think there is a problem with the crankshaft itself which is taking out the seal.
-
Used 2018 Octavia estate - no SH
Ask Skoda for the service history they hold on their system.
-
Bumper Scuff Plate.....Citigo
you did ask.
-
Bumper Scuff Plate.....Citigo
http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/CITIGO/Citigo-stainless-steel-rear-bumper-loading-protection-panel
-
headlight connector problem
Not perfect, but no one can see it and you have a functional headlight-result. Glad to have been of help.
-
Pram mountain buggy citigo boot
- New Member with one problem
Both my Citigos.- Broken torx 30 head
Shouldn't worry too much about putting a new screw in. The disk is held on by the wheel bolts when the wheel is on. If you want to hold the disk while putting the calipers on you can put a few washers on a wheel bolt and hand tighten it.- Broken torx 30 head
I've always drilled the top off far enough to get the disk off then put self grips on the remainder of the screw. normally it comes undone without a problem as the heat from drilling loosens it up.- headlight connector problem
That has already been looked at and appears to be different to the OP's headlight.- headlight connector problem
Good quality spade connectors I cannot help with, but it may be possible to get the connector off without taking the headlight out. If it is anything like the ebay one the connector should slide off the base. Detach the relevant wires from the loom to give a bit of slack, cut the connector off, fit spades to the wires, put a bulb in, connect up, and tape the connections. Epoxy would not be a good idea if you wish to change the bulb in the future. - New Member with one problem
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.