Everything posted by Frenchtone
-
Regular clonking noise from passenger side on coasting
Hi all I have been running on different sized front and rear tyres on my 4x4, 55 profile on rear and slightly over inflated fronts with a profile of 50, whilst awaiting delivery of new tyres. Have covered about 100 miles with this configuration. Today whilst returning home the front nearside(I think) drive started a regular clonking noise whilst coasting, not there on serious driving, haven't had time to investigate yet, tomorrow's job, I think it might be the driveshaft or the cv joint. Any suggestions out there?
-
Yeti brakes
It's the 140 and 170 models with separate caliper carriers!
-
Headlight unit replacement
I think, getting you to pay!!! 😉
-
Dash and radio clock are different times
Why not try taking the fuse for the radio out, its in the engine bay fuse box no. 8 as I recall, for say 5 mins then remount, a reboot might work!
-
Need advice on rim size
When I changed tyres due to treadnearly out, here in France was as I recall about 99€ a corner, quote for the book recommended size(50) were going to cost 120€ a corner, really a no-brainer!
-
Scrapping ?
So, what colour is the rear centre seat, and, how much?
-
2014 yeti 2l TDI 4x4 wiring diagram
Could be an ABS wheel sensor problem, they tend to trigger multiple errors when faulty!
-
Need advice on rim size
^ ^ I have always run on Dunlop Sport 01's, the car came on them, but at the last change I was offered 225x55x17's, they were cheaper than the 50 profiles, I have never had any qualms about them, I think French roads are maintained to a higher standard than in the UK. When I used to return to the UK over the winter period I always changed to winters, but now here permanently with little or no snow I haven't changed for several years! I think the 55's are a more commonly used size than the 50's
-
Need advice on rim size
^ I have them fitted, reduces the speedo error from 10% to approx 5%
-
1.2 TSI Yeti - any advice appreciated on Yeti warning lights
Could be an ABS sensor on one of the hubs!
-
The modernised Citroen 2CV or the Rolls citimobile?
There was also one around here that had a Mercedes front end, may be the same guy(?) going back to the start of Covid here!
-
The modernised Citroen 2CV or the Rolls citimobile?
-
Swapping driver and passenger seat backs and squabs
It'a different market place for that sort of thing here a la frog!
-
Steering wheel radio control
A little more info, I gave the wheel a second squirt of cleaner, the bar was in a horizontal position, and when I came to try the volume control it was back sticky etc so, i placed said bar in the vertical position and repeated the cleaning, left it overnight and as the froggies would say, et voila it worked, obviously the cleaning liquid has run somewhere else. Here's hoping its a reasonably permanent fix!
-
Steering wheel radio control
Ok, I gave it a dose of RS switch cleaner yesterday, it's much free er today, I'll give it some more today and that should hopefully cure it, thanks for the heads up!
-
Steering wheel radio control
Thanks -- I'll try some swich cleaner later!
-
Steering wheel radio control
Hi all' Got a problem with the radio control roller wheel mounted in the lhs of the steering wheel -- it has become difficult to turn, what do i use to squirt around it to clean it off, otherwise hew do I demount the little panel to gain(hopefully)better access. Suggestions please!
-
struggling with 2014 standard sat nav system
I accept that observation, however, we have been talking about an Amundsen + , a model earlier than the 1 &2's
-
struggling with 2014 standard sat nav system
^ Yes, sd slot for music sd and update of navigation, CD slot for music discs etc!
-
struggling with 2014 standard sat nav system
Yeap that will / should work, Mine came from Latvia about 18 months 2 years ago
-
struggling with 2014 standard sat nav system
Could be an amundsen+ is there a cd slot?
-
Noisy Front Left Brakes
Disc edge lipped?
-
What h7 led fit 2015 yetl
Fitted to my Yeti 9 - 10 years ago when R H dip units fitted, one failed late last year, and the other 2 weeks ago. Worth the extra expense in my opinion!
-
Perspex(?) 'A' Frame Black Cover
An update! The technician who installed the screen and broke the offside 'A' frame cover also damaged the offside front corner of the roof lining and the little plastic 'ticket' clip! Been in contact with French Carglass, visited the local depot today, thechief has asked me to get prices for the pieces and also the installation work for the lining, I hope it all comes to fruition.
-
Best Skoda ever?
^ I agree with JR, I have had a 'lazy' left eye all my life, never caused me a problem,but, as above, oblique angled right hand junctions need a different strategy, ie last minute approach at 90'!