Skip to content

Frenchtone

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Frenchtone

  1. Thanks for that, it is a late pre FL Adventure model, and yes thats the piece, I suppose it comes with all pieces as shown making up item !
  2. Hi All, Just had the screen replaced and the technician broke, whilst taking off, the black plastic 'A' frame cover. Anyone give me it's Skoda code please? It is the offside one! Thanks in advance!
  3. I had that with a faulty abs sensor, couldn't id the problem then some kind soul suggested it was a possibility, and indeed it was, front o/s. replaced with an expensive Bosch sensor, the cheap ones had different internal resistance readings -- no probs since!
  4. Singer Chamois (Imp) with a Paul Emery front end suspension upgrade and half a hundred weight of sand in the front bonnet boot, a great drive, like **** to a blanket!
  5. Think you need to [press the trip reset button and turn on ignition whilst pressing!
  6. I think the Kopacek ones are -25% until midnight, but I do take your point!! 😉
  7. Try the link, Super skoda/kopacek [email protected]
  8. should have been white not black!!
  9. Could be the switch, I had similar some time ago, took out the swich, opened it up and some of the tracks on the pcb had failed, put some fine wire jump pieces in to bypass the failed section and it worked. try to get a genuine vw switch most are compatible but the backlight might be red not black. Cheapo chinese jobs seem to fail quickly, i think the tracks are not to the same standard as vw ones! good lick
  10. ^ ^ you must have been lucky, the cheapos i bought had very different internal resistances to the bosch one i fitted and it worked!
  11. Don't buy cheapo sensors, they can be problematic, I speak from experience, well known named items are the way to go, they are about double the price of cheapo sensors!
  12. Has the car a fuse box in the engine compartment? If so, try removing fuse 8 for a couple of mins -- Think its fuse 8 look at the manual to check! It might work!!
  13. Ok, it was caused by the bonnet not being clicked fully home, --- silly me!!! ;-(
  14. Ok, got low washer bottle message this week, just refilled the bottle, tried the wipers / washers, , would not work, looked in the manual for a fuse number, non found, rear washer wiper working fine! Anyone had this problem, what fuse do I check etc?? Help please TIA
  15. ^ ^ ^ I enquired years ago for my Yeti, was told back then it could not be done with VCDS / Carista / Obd11, only using the genuine VW kit, can't remember its name though!
  16. ^ correct
  17. Mine, a pre FL Adventure 140 has a red I and a red x
  18. Is your ABS sensor a cheapy, less than £10 if so, I suggest you get a bosch or similar costing around £20, I had similar probs which disappeared when the more expensive sensor was fitted, I thought it was all smoke and mirrors, but apparently not!
  19. ^ ^ Yes they do, had to get one when re registering my Yeti here a la frog!!
  20. Why not talk with your local insurance office for their views?
  21. Frenchtone replied to rdavis01's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Have you tried looking on Ebay? Some dealerships put ads for things on there!
  22. format of sd card, is it fat or ntfs(?),may work trying other formats, my amundsen + was recommended to use fat32!
  23. ^ ^ Couldn't think of its name!! Its an age thing!! 😞
  24. Removing trim, try some fishing line or thin nylon cord, It usually works but could be slow progress!

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.