Skip to content

Frenchtone

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Frenchtone

  1. Hi all I have been running on different sized front and rear tyres on my 4x4, 55 profile on rear and slightly over inflated fronts with a profile of 50, whilst awaiting delivery of new tyres. Have covered about 100 miles with this configuration. Today whilst returning home the front nearside(I think) drive started a regular clonking noise whilst coasting, not there on serious driving, haven't had time to investigate yet, tomorrow's job, I think it might be the driveshaft or the cv joint. Any suggestions out there?
  2. Frenchtone replied to Yet-eh's topic in Skoda Yeti
    It's the 140 and 170 models with separate caliper carriers!
  3. I think, getting you to pay!!! 😉
  4. Why not try taking the fuse for the radio out, its in the engine bay fuse box no. 8 as I recall, for say 5 mins then remount, a reboot might work!
  5. When I changed tyres due to treadnearly out, here in France was as I recall about 99€ a corner, quote for the book recommended size(50) were going to cost 120€ a corner, really a no-brainer!
  6. Frenchtone replied to b1ackb1rd's topic in Skoda Yeti
    So, what colour is the rear centre seat, and, how much?
  7. Could be an ABS wheel sensor problem, they tend to trigger multiple errors when faulty!
  8. ^ ^ I have always run on Dunlop Sport 01's, the car came on them, but at the last change I was offered 225x55x17's, they were cheaper than the 50 profiles, I have never had any qualms about them, I think French roads are maintained to a higher standard than in the UK. When I used to return to the UK over the winter period I always changed to winters, but now here permanently with little or no snow I haven't changed for several years! I think the 55's are a more commonly used size than the 50's
  9. ^ I have them fitted, reduces the speedo error from 10% to approx 5%
  10. Could be an ABS sensor on one of the hubs!
  11. There was also one around here that had a Mercedes front end, may be the same guy(?) going back to the start of Covid here!
  12. Seen in intermarche chateaulin car park Wednesday the new citroen 2CV or the Rolls runabout?
  13. It'a different market place for that sort of thing here a la frog!
  14. A little more info, I gave the wheel a second squirt of cleaner, the bar was in a horizontal position, and when I came to try the volume control it was back sticky etc so, i placed said bar in the vertical position and repeated the cleaning, left it overnight and as the froggies would say, et voila it worked, obviously the cleaning liquid has run somewhere else. Here's hoping its a reasonably permanent fix!
  15. Ok, I gave it a dose of RS switch cleaner yesterday, it's much free er today, I'll give it some more today and that should hopefully cure it, thanks for the heads up!
  16. Thanks -- I'll try some swich cleaner later!
  17. Hi all' Got a problem with the radio control roller wheel mounted in the lhs of the steering wheel -- it has become difficult to turn, what do i use to squirt around it to clean it off, otherwise hew do I demount the little panel to gain(hopefully)better access. Suggestions please!
  18. I accept that observation, however, we have been talking about an Amundsen + , a model earlier than the 1 &2's
  19. ^ Yes, sd slot for music sd and update of navigation, CD slot for music discs etc!
  20. Yeap that will / should work, Mine came from Latvia about 18 months 2 years ago
  21. Could be an amundsen+ is there a cd slot?
  22. Disc edge lipped?
  23. Fitted to my Yeti 9 - 10 years ago when R H dip units fitted, one failed late last year, and the other 2 weeks ago. Worth the extra expense in my opinion!
  24. An update! The technician who installed the screen and broke the offside 'A' frame cover also damaged the offside front corner of the roof lining and the little plastic 'ticket' clip! Been in contact with French Carglass, visited the local depot today, thechief has asked me to get prices for the pieces and also the installation work for the lining, I hope it all comes to fruition.
  25. ^ I agree with JR, I have had a 'lazy' left eye all my life, never caused me a problem,but, as above, oblique angled right hand junctions need a different strategy, ie last minute approach at 90'!

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.