Skip to content

Frenchtone

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Frenchtone

  1. Frenchtone replied to Yety's topic in Skoda Yeti
    ^ +1
  2. ^ ^ ^ ^ yeah but it is downhill from the alps to calais :-()
  3. Frenchtone replied to b1ackb1rd's topic in Skoda Yeti
    depends how much you use!!! ;-)) Also, I used gutter sealant in the track to try to ensure the wheel arch trim did not come loose, I also removed the other side and gave the same treatment, that was about 2 yrs ago still rock solid!!
  4. Ah ok, I only have an Amundsen + installed --- thanks for your info, it will maybe help others! Ta!
  5. So how did you code in the surround etc? I realise by VCDS, are there any posts with an idiots guide?
  6. Wasn't it only available with xenons as standard? My SE was a pre FL without, and the current Adventure was a 'runout' with some extra goodies, but not that!
  7. Ambition was equivalent to SE here a la frog!
  8. Frenchtone replied to Yetian's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Or find someone nearby who will probably sort you out for beer vouchers!! ;-))
  9. I think I got a price reduction as my car was the guinea pig for the struts!
  10. There is a supplier in Derbyshire who make replacements, maybe someone on here will have a name or link, they made 2 a long time ago for my Yeti - the first they had done, they worked well. From memory cheaper than the Skoda ones! Found 'em --- SGS Engineering, google 'em
  11. How about sorting all this out behind the bike shed at playtime?
  12. I think there is an O2 sensor on the top and behind somehting on the left of the engine, that causes the glowplug lamp to light when it fails whats the mileage? I was informed anything over 80k and it can happen!
  13. mine has V9 apparently later versions worked fine in europe ie ver 10 but were unreliable in the uk sphere, it kept rebooting - i never pursued later versions so wouldn't know the situation with 11 / 12!
  14. ^ you need an sd card, look on ebay, they are about £30, and do it yourself, do an amundsen+ update search on here!
  15. That is an Amundsen+. There are sd cards available on ebay, from poland or the like, they are around £30, I have used one earlier in the year without problem, cannot remember if it was a copy of the latest software as problems have been reported of regular rebooting, Rustynuts will probably be able to assist with that info! -- good luck!
  16. Hay-on-wye --- have you tried it with dashes as per left <-
  17. When my car carried UK plates I regularly got waved through roadside inspections etc, but now with french plates it's a different story! Alcotests are also carried out in the morning rush hours as well! regular occurence by/near me! Also traffic infringements here in Finistere are normally stopped by young gendarmes, gaining street cred i suppose!
  18. ^ But when using in France do you use proper names, ie with accents etc
  19. can you find a local sandy surface to test the haldex operation, starting from stopped, just floor it and quickly stop say in 4 - 5 feet, look at the displaced sand, should be across all wheels! I use a local beach!
  20. No 3 could be a regen in process so this would be sort of normal, Is there a general hot smell around the car?
  21. There is a battery supplier on the industrial estate in tewkesbury, they supply nationwide and also to europe, I got a good deal for a varta job delivered to me here in finistere, been looking for the details but can't find em!
  22. I think main dealers stick to the original spec for security, if mods go wrong, who picks up the bill?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.