Skip to content

Awesam

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Awesam

  1. Hopefully this useful! Most of the vinration/chatter in my car is down to the dogbone insert which installed a few weeks ago. VID_20201130_132541.mp4
  2. lol I would love to do it myself however unfortuanately I'm not gifted with much spare time due to a not so understanding wife!
  3. For stage 2+. Ive got a K04 conversion sitting at 345bhp. I had to get the turbo rebuilt so i push the spec to a 380bhp which should be good enough to push 400bhp. Which i believe the standard injectors should be able to handle.
  4. The GEN 1 EA888 TSI (CDL, BYK etc) can take the S3 injectors but the GEN 2 EA888 (CCZA, CCZB etc..) can not. The cheapest I've seen a set of 4 uprated injectors is 700 euros, they are usually at 1000 euros+.
  5. Well done! How much did it cost for the injector clean? Did they change the seals aswell? Too bad the uprated injectors for the CCZ engine are so expensive.
  6. NP, I do it tomorrow, was suppose to do it today for another member but never got a chance too.
  7. I'm running Sachs performance clutch with a SMFW and to me it's like running a stock clutch.
  8. Strange I've never experienced it unless as the car had it when I bought maybe I've not noticed it! I changed it to a SMFW as I could hear a knocking with DMFW and the clutch was slipping. Happy to take a audio or video send it to you to check it out. The only change I've noticed is with the dog bone insert. I went for the power clutch which not is only rated to 550 nm, the clutch pedal feels like stock and is great for a daily driver. The organic/race one is rated at 800nm and the pedal would be heavy.
  9. I had mines replaced last year with a Sachs Performance Kit which has a single mass flywheel and I've had no issue at all. SACHS Performance Clutch Module 883089000046 I changed the slave cylinder aswell. Clutch Central Slave Cylinder (CSC) 613182654150 | SACHS (sachsperformance.com)
  10. Think you have several issues going on, best to get Error Code scanner/VCDS to scan them. Is it a petrol or diesel? As for not reving past 2500RPM if its a diesel then could be the EGR or Crankshaft sensor. ABS light could requiring new wheel hubs are the sensor is within the hub. However you wont be 100% sure until you scan for Error codes.
  11. lol so leads me to think ive made the right choice! Ive done >100,000 miles so mines definitely need cleaning. Would be interested to know if there is an improvement in the drivability/response from the engine after it.
  12. Well done! How long did it take? Im waiting for a slot at R-Tech for it to get done!
  13. Would it be possible to install the Discovery Pro MIB2.5 following the same method?
  14. Thanks Rob. I would love to fit a virtual cockpit to mines!
  15. https://youtu.be/M20bMfpGqWU
  16. Im having the same issue but not as bad as yours as it only incurs in 4th and 6th at the same rev range. I installed a GFB+ and that has helped. When you went for the remap, did you get a RS4 fuel valve and different MAP sensor installed? Ive bought one and will be installing it soon. Ill let you know it makes a difference. Also if you are still looking for a Forge Actuator, Ive got one and will let it go for much more reasonable price than Forge!
  17. Could be that you're sub frame isn't aligned. Mines was out by 5 mm on one side and it would veer. Or could be the top mounts/bump stops.
  18. Just an update, i sent it to AET Turbos who have inspected it and basically told me that its needs rebuilding due to wear in the shaft, cost of rebuild is £714 including VAT that will the same spec around 360 - 380bhp - the hybrid turbo must be about 8 years old. So if they do rebuild it will have a new core based on the latest technology. I'm contemplating if its worth it, i just spent £600 a few weeks ago and if i include the mechanics cost it will costs to £1k! So far i have sank £4.4k since last year on maintenance excluding the turbo rebuild costs! I have literally replaced most components on the car!
  19. if you are interested.
  20. Also waterpump housing may start leaking from 80-100k miles so best to factor that in aswell c£500 - £700 depending on mechanic.
  21. Sending it to AET for an inspection, it seems the actuator nut was loose but want to ensure its not a seal. Im hoping its not needing a full rebuild.
  22. Got the turbo taken off and its an old AET VT268 based on the K04
  23. Personally I would rather buy it from Autodoc and pay the extra.
  24. Have a look at these threads: and £75 for an intake manifold is amazing, im assuming that its a 3rd party part?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.