Skip to content

Micky 32

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Micky 32

  1. I’m about to pull the trigger 😕
  2. Thanks for the replies. I think i can live with less power because these days with cops loving handing out tickets i don’t get to stretch the legs on the Passat like i used to. A remap might liven it up a bit anyway. How is the comfort long haul? I regularly go to France on road trips. The Passat was great for cruising.
  3. Having owned a remapped 2017 Passat BiTDi 240bhp to 290bhp. Love this car but it’s approaching 7 years and 200,000 miles. It’s fast and i say that having owned a mk2 Octavia 2.0 TFSI that was modded to 320bhp all those years ago. I’ll certainly miss it. i quite like the look of the vrs especially in blue. How do you rate them? Would i regret buying one? My worry is loss of comfort and power and i might regret it. Yes i know there’s a 245 version but driving 30k a year might make it expensive to run in comparison.
  4. That’s what mine sounded like when my flywheel went, no vibration or judder though, rattly growl when accelerating
  5. Not sure if it’s related but my car has a weak battery and sometimes when i start my car it cuts out after a few seconds with “start engine manually “ message.
  6. I have the sister car. 2017 Passat BiTDi 240bhp remapped to 290bhp from new. 312,000 KM’s (195,000) miles. Oil changes every 10k miles. Engine is like new even on it’s original DPF. Doesn’t use a drop of oil between services. Things i have replaced in that mileage: Flywheel. Replaced DSG clutch pack as the gearbox was off anyway (160k miles) Front passenger wheel bearing recently Fuel regulator valve that sits on the top of the CR pump 2 broken rear springs That’s it apart from brakes pads and rear disks at one stage. The battery sounds like me on a Monday morning apart from that nothing else.
  7. I have noticed my boot mounted battery in my 2017 Passat will fit the larger 95ah 850 en battery. Has the extra screw hole also. Mine came with the small 68ah AGM battery which doesn’t sound the healthiest these days. This is what it sounded like at 1 degree C https://youtube.com/shorts/5OTwU98qmTc?si=S-9z7HCBC2s416Ra
  8. My Passat 2017 AGM battery 6 years and 10 months. When the average temps drop to 5 degrees I constantly get the “ power consumption is high” . Definitely the battery in my case because it cranks awful on cold mornings. Recorded this the other morning https://youtube.com/shorts/5OTwU98qmTc?si=MQk20JpQA_OYGIcb
  9. I have the bitdi 240bhp engine that has now done 190,000 miles. I change the oil every 10,000. The dipstick never drops below the max mark.
  10. Passat but same key, i’m on my third key battery for about a year. 6 years 8 months old with 190,000 miles. Word of warning replace as soon as you get the warning, i didn’t straight away. I locked my keys in the boot because the signal was too weak from a weak battery and couldn’t detect the key inside.
  11. It’s quite possible it has done 60k starts, given the mileage, unfortunate battery condition and i don’t turn off the start stop. Whether it’s accurate i can’t say for sure.
  12. Right here’s what to do. 1. Connect car to VCDS 2.Go into applications 3. Click on History Data 4. Choose address ‘19’ and start. It will go through a download. Save when finished 5. Go out of that and select VCDS Toolbox. Click on B.history and should open a box with the history file. Click on it and the toolbox screen should fill with data. 6. Click on the drop down box and select 16. Vehicle energy balance 7. There’s a smaller dropdown box to the right, click on that and select one of the numbers. My starter info was number 3 on the list. Look for “ engine start counter” My car has now 59994 starts! There’s another dropdown box “ Battery aging”. My readings are: Age in relation to charging = 70% Age in relation to performance = 53%
  13. I can’t remember exactly but i’ll have a route tomorrow and will find it and i’ll post it here exactly how to find it tomorrow.
  14. Yep. Download history data and open with toolbox.
  15. Thinking of how the car is used you are probably right. Firstly i use my car for work and that entails calling to peoples houses. So after each house visit the starter gets activated which could be a good few times during the day. However the journeys aren’t short berween house visits. The car gets enough driving to keep the battery at it’s optimum. For the last few months the car is averaging 700 ish miles a week. The car doesn’t get much city or town driving compared to driving out the countryside. I leave the start stop on. When i am in towns/cities i like to think i’m helping to keep the air a little cleaner in those areas. In VCDS you can check how many times the starter has been activated throughout it’s life. I’m not sure what the purpose is. Last time i checked it activated 55,000 times. It’s probably circa 57,000 by now.
  16. Different car ( Passat) but similar 2.0 TDI engine and the same AGM battery. 6 years and 8 months 190k miles. At 5 degrees C the other morning it just about started. Quite disappointing while other cars are getting 10 years plus out of their batteries. Never abused. It actually began showing signs of it beginning to weaken 3 years ago.
  17. Yep i know that. But I’m fairly sure i have an actual keyless fault. It was happening in warm weather and according to my battery monitor voltages were ok when the fault was happening.
  18. Correct. The readings are quite different with temperature. When it was 20 plus degrees i was getting a reading of about 480 amps and a “ good battery”. When i tested it the other morning at 9 degrees it read 325 amps and “replace”. However the battery is toast because it just about started the other morning so i think it certainly has less than 480 amps. I have a intermittent issue with “ keyless access system faulty”. “engine must be running” only comes up when that fault occurs so it’s related to the keyless fault.. Both faults seem to have disappeared.
  19. No, the car gets good long trips. I have nearly 190,000 miles (2017). I have a battery monitor and the voltage is good. However the first cold morning this year the car just about started. It went into limp mode when it started. The low cranking activated a low fuel rail pressure code.
  20. Yep. Using a topdon. I have been watching it decline over the past 3 years. When the reading drops below 430 amps on a 680 battery it says “ replace “. It has been telling me to replace intermittently over the past 3 years. However during the summer on hot days I miraculously have a “ Good Battery”. i think these testers condemn a battery too soon. They only give you an idea of the batteries health. Results can differ a lot with temperature. My battery is now reading 375-380 amps with a replace message at 15 degrees C . Sometimes the starter does sound sluggish and in cold weather i do get errors beeping on the dash on a cold morning start. The funny thing is for most part the start stop works fine. But last winter it was limited. It worked fine all summer. From my experience AGM’s die a very slow death.
  21. Usually i get a specific message about the air conditioning when cabin temps aren’t met. no, this is new. After 186,000 miles i can’ tell she’s trying to tell me something lol I have a battery tester. It currently is producing 380 amps EN. Battery AGM is rated at 680 amps EN.
  22. No the air conditioning set as I normally have it. To be fair the battery isn’t 100%. 6.5 years old. However when the battery is low i usually get the power consumption is high message, never the engine must be running message. I only ever see that during a regen.
  23. Hi all. An unusual problem the past week. I noticed the start stop isn’t working too well. The message i keep getting is “ engine must be running” The problem is that i only ever see that message when the car is going through a regen. The car isn’t going through a regen. So what could be causing this? If it was the battery wouldn’t i be getting “ power consumption too high”? Or can a bad battery cause the other message also?
  24. My 4wd Passat coupling still ok after 182,000 miles.
  25. I own a 2017 Passat BiTDi running 290bhp all it’s life with 180,000 miles on the clock. Different car but same haldex unit. No issues. I change the oil very 30-40k.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.