Everything posted by varaderoguy
-
low coolant level fault and remedy
I do not like the colour of that 407 A tank. That looks like the Silicat has split. @fireman now that you have changed your header tank, this is good news. How is your heater matrix doing? Check the heating (turn it up to maximum) and see what happens. You might want to consider a coolant system flush.
-
Hi From A Newbie
Welcome to the forum. You car will be a late MK2 FL (Facelifted) machine. Let us know if there are any niggles. What is the mileage on the car at the moment? Thanks
-
Wrong GPS location
It sounds like the GPS module is either not picking up the satelite signal or the module itself is either not connected correctly or has just failed. For a correct pickup, the receiver needs to pickup a clear signal from the front of the windscreen...can you show us where the GPS module is located?
- Octavia 1.9TDI 4x4 - won't start
-
Fan still running after engine off
A Regen or Regeneration process - is the process whereby the car burns off the excess carbon build up in the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter). This is done by usually injecting some extra diesel into the DPF and a controlled burn happens which cleans out the DPF. It is recommended that at least once a week, that a longer journey takes place - and that you push the car a bit faster and harder (some folks like to call it the Italian Tune-up method). In therory, keep the engine speed at around 2000rpm over a period of miles (maybe drop a gear) - will help the car to achieve the cleaning process. The fan kicks in to help promote the burning cycle.
-
Octavia mk3 2017
Reversing cameras - if you speak very nicely to Sasha, she will give you price. You also have to ask whether you want a genuine VAG or a third party item. Third party cameras are definately cheaper.
-
Upgrading Skoda Octavia 2018 headlights and taillights.
This is a complex job. The headlights generally need a whole new controller; but the taillights are generally achievable (they can be easily coded in). With the headlights, you will need to ask the supplier what coding is needed to get the headlights to play nicely. You will also need to code in that you are running different DRL's (Daylight Running Lights).
-
Expansion bottle replacement
Okay - I don't know why folk are going to G12 again; that doesn't seem right. G13 can be used in place of G12 and its variants. You can mix G12+ and ++ with G13 without any issues too.
-
Expansion bottle replacement
Err nope....the VRS is a petrol car. Sorry.
-
Expansion bottle replacement
Yerr...in the land of Mlada, I think this may not always be true. All our vehicles have Climate Control, only two have Silicia bags in them.
-
New Skoda Superb L&K
The Columbus system is definately better. It has a better amplifier in it (it can properly drive a sub-woofer or a Canton system); it offers the ability to do heads-up maps for Virtual Cockpit, it can read a huge range of traffic signs and is generally a better unit all around. I would go with the petrol if you are doing low mileages. That makes sense. Modern Euro 6B engines with Ad-Blue are Super..Super clean, but it really depends on whether you want the performance of the 272 diesel or not.
-
Expansion bottle replacement
As far as I can tell, the issue of whether you have a Silica bag in your header expansion tank seems to be completely random. My 2019 Octavia Scout (single walled tank) - now removed (phew). Our recently purchased MY18 67 plate VRS - has a double walled tank with the bag in it (replacement tank on order from Horton's Skoda), so canny take that one out. My husband's SE 1.0 Octavia, no bag; my mother-in-law's Fabia, no bag. R A N D O M
-
Deposit paid...2017 280
The Canton system needs some tweaking to get it working right. You might want to check the MIB2.5 radio firmware (assuming it is a Columbus) as well.
-
Mk3 2.0 tdi, low coolant warning & no hot air from heaters! Advice please!
Yerr - check the coolant bottle. If it a horrible brown sludgy colour, then the silicon bag has burst (I've just removed mine from my 2019 Scout). Your coolant system will need to be flushed... If it is a nice healthy red colour (G13), then you have an air lock. Try topping up the coolant bottle and see if that fixes the problem.
-
Park Pilot and Park Assist
This sounds like one of your reversing sensors has failed....it is a known issue on MK2's, but this is the first I've heard about on a MK3. The other option is that the system has somehow got out of sync (if your park pilot is still working). Definitely sounds your car needs to be code read to find out what the error is: Look at this link: and select VCDS. I own a VCDS system, so can code read, but there are others who are way closer. Two in Aberdeenshire and one in Nairn.
-
Octavia mk3 2017
Phil, Please PM me; Sasha has provided me with a spare switch from my 2019 Scout (cos she upgraded my boot handle to have a camera at the weekend); so I have a spare one available. Thanks Max
-
Superskoda
Oh goodness, I tend to spend all my money with Superskoda. Its a bad habit. Its sad that I also know the administrative lady is called Magda; she is very fair; tends to get parcels to you with 7 days of ordering. All equipment they sell is from the skoda.cz catalogue (lots of extra goodies that you canny get from this country) or it is from their own in house aftermarket team. Ive had a couple of duff items but as long as you pay to get them back to Czechia, Magda will refund you after 7 to 14 days.
-
Sasha’s Octavia vRS
Just wanted to publicly thanks Sasha for her help and assistance on getting a reversing camera installed on my Scout. We also spent time on more coding mods on the Scout. Worth the trip. Thanks Sasha. Sasha, I am still on the hunt for an H55 Columbus 9.2" revision screen for my Scout. Ping me a message if you come across one.
-
Octavia vrs tdi squeaking noise
So - turns out that Mlada had a dud batch of Cam Belts - which are just out of spec. It means that it is catching the cam belt tensioner occasionally. Dealer says this is the 3rd one they have seen. Essentially, some cleaning compound is placed against the edge of the belt and it fixes the intolerance. Going back on the 15th October for attention.
-
Non-progressive/jumpy acelerator
Its effects the car mostly from stand but the power delivery is not linear.
-
Non-progressive/jumpy acelerator
Its a 110...sorry... couldn't remember the exact power output.
-
Non-progressive/jumpy acelerator
Hello Fabia Group Members, I am hoping you can assist me. My mother-in-law has a 2017 1.2 tsi 105bhp Fabia and loves it dearly but there is a mysterious fault with the acelerator pedal/potentiometer. It is not progressive and you have the problem where there is enough not enough revs (and it trys to stall) or it overly revs and you end up roaring away down the road. Suspect faulty pedal, but wondering if anyone has experienced this before? Thanks Max
-
Experience of upgrading the firmware on Amunsden MIB2.5 system
**Updated March 2025** The latest firmware version is: 0480 for SOP4.x hardware. 0363 for SOP3.x hardware. 0253 for SOP2.x hardware. **UPDATED May 2021** **Updated Feb 2024** Minimum size of SD card is now 32G **Please note everything on here - is generally warranty effecting - break it and you'll need to pay to get it fixed** Dear all, I thought I would pen down my experience in terms of upgrading my firmware on my 2019 Octavia Scout. I have cleared me writing this piece with the Briskoda Moderators. I have always berated Skoda for the fact that there are firmware updates available to fix various silly niggles on the Entertainment system. I have a Amunsden system (Bolero with Sav Nat). You have to play silly games with your dealer, just so they can look to see if any of your MIB system faults are displayed as a known issues....which is the measure that they use. The point is that unless your car system is seriously glitchy, dealers won't generally touch the MIB system. I am an IT guy, and this kind of thinking (especially with the more modern connected systems) depresses me....the world is told to patch,patch,patch - but VW group choose not to do so unless absolutely necessary. I now understand why....because the MIB2.5 system upgrade that I managed to get hold of for my Scout - took over an hour to upgrade. Time is money in dealers and this is why when dealers do a firmware update, then charge it as a warranty claim. On my system, there were many many patches for 0475. The version of firmware provided by a member on this forum was for 0478. (May21) There are also different version of firmware available. This is an important thing to note: There are generally (for Bolaro and Amunsden) - different software strands: They are: SOP2.x, SOP3.x and SOP4.x - when you look at a firmware version, you will be presented with a version such as 0472 - this says that it is a SOP Version 4.x . You can only update SOP4.x strands with another SOP4.x strand. Therefore, if you have 0472, you can upgrade to 0478. If you have a SOP3.x - e.g. 0359, then you cannot safely upgrade to SOP4.x 0478 firmware. There are people on here who say they can do it, but this is a risky area and you risk bricking your hardware. Now some legal stuff - because Briskoda cannot officially endorse anything that you do to your car (its a forum for Skoda enthusiasts, not dubiously obtained software) and the fact that the forum doesn't want to be sued by VW Group for posting non-authorised/obtained software, all the dealings for firmware has to done behind the scenes. Its sad that way. The firmware files are generally quite large (my copy was about 3GB). So once you have found the appropriate thread for your MIB system (it could be a Bolero, Amunsden or Columbus system), whether it is a MIB, MIB2 or MIB2.5 system, and you have found the appropriate member who has access to the firmware, you will be asked to take a photo screenshot of the system information. You can find that in System Information in the MIB system under Menu and Settings. This information shows the VW part number and the current firmware level. Do not confuse this with the maps/nav version information. If you are brave enough to do the firmware update, my other caveat is that you need to know your way around a PC. I'm a linux guy (which helps), but a good technical expertise level is useful. You will need: The link to the downloaded software An 32GB SD Card - DOS partition and formatted in FAT32 (Linux land it is called vfat) Download the firmware image - it will have a filename similar to: MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0478T.7z . Briefly, that equates to: MST2 = MIB2 or 2.5, EU_SK_ZR are all countries (its a Europe and Russia image) and P0478 is the firmware version. The file is given in this case in a 7zip format (highly compressed). I know there are Windows decompression tools available, but I use 7z command line - in this case "7z x MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0478T.7z". Make you do this in a new directory (otherwise it write files all over the place in your current directory). You should also file scan the files to make sure there are no virus's. After a while, you end up with a directory full of files. You can safely move the .7z master file elsewhere. There will be a new directory created with the same name as the firmware. Go into this directory and copy the content onto your SD Card. This process will take about 30 minutes all told. Eject the SD and go to your car..... Now connect up the battery charger to your battery and start the charging process. Remember, if the MIB system detects voltage levels below 12V (I think it is 11.8V), it will not allow you to upgrade (or its a bad idea anyhow). Think of it doing an Android upgrade with low battery voltage - not advised. Get into the passenger seat, and go into the glove compartment. Remove your current SD cards in SD1 (and SD2 if you have that slot). Switch on the MIB system and insert your SD card with the firmware on it - into SD1. It must be SD1 slot only. With the MIB system on, press and HOLD the Menu button until you get some hidden menus appear. Top option is labelled firmware/updates. Select it (either press screen or use the right hand knob and press your selection). Select Upgrade as the option you need. The system will go away and read the SD Card and see if there is a firmware update available. If all is working well, the system will reboot and put itself into Emergency Update mode (Scary Screen). You will now right here find if your files are corrupted or not. First attempt at my upgrade....it didn't go well, because I use 7z e as opposed to 7z x flag to extract the files. Once that snafu had been fixed (and I stopped panicking) , and I had the files in the right order in the right directories, all started working. I had over 100 updates - these were mainly CPU related and firmware for the bluetooth modules etc. They take time to process....be patient. After about 60 minutes, the upgrades finishes and the radio reboots - once to ask you whether you want to downgrade your system to the previous firmware level (press cancel here). The system then completes and switches itself off. Leave it for about 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, switch it back on...(in my case, the Scout Logo appears) and the system boot up. All seemed to work well, but I had some minor niggles to content with. 1) The GPS module went AWOL for about 10 minutes, then came back to life. 2) I could not get Skoda Connect to work. Skoda Connect was an interesting one - and I fixed it an interesting manner. I ended up doing a car factory reset. Skoda Connect still didn't work. A quick check with the Skoda Connect app showed I was logged out, so re-registered the car with my login. The app showed all was well and re-registered, but still no Skoda Connect. I left it to do its thing....(got bored). Today - I had another look at the problem....I realised that because I re-registered the car, that all the personalisation options had gone back to factory reset. I had to go into Menu-> Personalisation and re-associate the car with my profile....Skoda Connect then started working correctly. I hope this is helpful for somebody to understand the process.
-
Upgrading Front Fog Lights on 2019 Octavia Scout
Dear all, I am keen to explore if it is possible (either with ODBC or ODBEleven Long coding) the lights on my Octavia Scout. My new car (2019 Skoda Octavia Scout TDi 184 DSG) has excellent LED headlights, but the fog lights are a waste of time (and get completely lost light wise with the LED headlamps). Has anybody tried/attempted to upgrade their fog lamp units to the style of lights using in the VRS (ie LED Fog Lamps)? My backup plan is to upgrade the front fog lights to LED lamps, but wanted to see if it was even possible to do the lamp upgrade (add it onto my list of growing upgrades!!!) Many thanks Max