what colour is a vrs roof lining

cheers, i was panicking a little as i just bought (my 3rd) a VRS and it had a smart black rooflining but when i phoned to get insurance and gave the registration they said it was an elegance. I thought it had been "done up" to look like a VRS but its clearly not -and the handbook has the right codes. My last one was white and i thought they all were but this one is a newer 03 one so it seems okay. i just thought they were all white.

cheers, i was panicking a little as i just bought (my 3rd) a VRS and it had a smart black rooflining but when i phoned to get insurance and gave the registration they said it was an elegance. I thought it had been "done up" to look like a VRS but its clearly not -and the handbook has the right codes. My last one was white and i thought they all were but this one is a newer 03 one so it seems okay. i just thought they were all white.

My insurance got confused between the elegance and vrs too i think its a common mistake.

Me too, I've never seen a Vrs with a white roof lining....ever.......or a sunroof for that matter, although it was an option so I'm sure there are some out there somewhere :confused:

Mine is also black, and complete with a sunroof too:)

yeah mines dark grey ('02 plate).

im always surprised at its colour, as i never look up!

hmmm quite a lovely shade of grey i think....

i have to sit on the M1 for 3 hours tonight so my brains ill.

My old Y reg one had a white roof lining and 17" wheels. 17" wheels were standard on all UK cars from launch, except the estate. Some dealers have been known to switch the wheels in order to sell the less desirable car.

later in the 51 reg, there was a minor facelift. Along came the flip key, the tinted rear view external mirrors and also the black headlining.

My old Y reg one had a white roof lining and 17" wheels. 17" wheels

later in the 51 reg, there was a minor facelift. Along came the flip key, the tinted rear view external mirrors and also the black headlining.

That doesn't sound right looking at the other posts.

Why not?

If the car was already made its just a case of registering the car

Because Mikec has a light coloured roof lining ( further up the postings) on a 2005 model, i don't think any dealer would keep a car on stock that long.

No the dealer wouldnt but it might have been in stock in CZ or come through another channel.

Not saying that im correct but its not beyond the realms of possibility if its a bog standard vRS like mine was (IE no cruise, xenons, parking sensors)