Anyone else feel annoyed and/or angry?

Tech1e

I really need to punch something rather hard. Ever feel like all you do each and everyday is for something or someone else, helping people out or working hard and you get feck all help or anything back in return when you want something done?

I hope I can chill out before the missus gets back from shopping or shes not going to like me much.

Yes at the moment. I got so much 5hit floating round in my head, and I'm getting stressed about the forthcoming baby. I just wish it would bloody hurry up. You try your best for people but it ain't ever enough.

Sometimes you can try too hard to be 'Mr Nice'

I do countless favours for blokes at work, even to the point of letting them off 1/2 a shift with pay, yet when I am stuck, everyone has somewhere more important to be.

It pees me off royally.

Yep, I hate feeling frustrated but it has to come out sometimes. I don't really ever cry, but it has helped me to shed a little tear this morning. I'm feeling better already. :D

How about getting a punch bag set up at home? We had a couple at work at one point but I think the staff used them more than the patients and we ended up with grazed knuckles. :cool:

Yep I get like that sometimes. I seem to spend half my life doing things for or to help other people and am amazed that very few people ever return the favour:mad:.

SWMBO usually has to put up with the worst of my bad moods as well:O

Yup. I guess one is that kind of person or one isn't. Over the years I've learned that it's as simple as that.

It's one of the things I love about Briskoda in the virtual sense that people offer their help freely, so not just as returned favours, i.e. that typically you will have done one for them first.

It's the way people are built isn't it? Gotta learn to live with that. Dunno how either side would change though.

Regards

Mo

i know exactly what you mean,i've given up asking for a favor off people anymore,even tho i help out anyone i can weather i know them or not,cos when it comes time to repay the favor they are usually too busy,or make you feel a tw4t for asking:mad:

For some reason it doesn't stop me helping out next time they need somting:O

i know how you feel too buddy, i should be over with you today but i'm doing a favour for a bloke at work that was arranged a while ago and it seems as though i'm always doing something for someone and quite often get myself on bother as i don't have time for all the favours :o

Yes mate - far less so since I started working for myself....

Just remember - it'll blow over soon enough. If someone doesn't have the brains to appreciate your hard work - stuff 'em ....

Yes mate - far less so since I started working for myself....

Just remember - it'll blow over soon enough. If someone doesn't have the brains to appreciate your hard work - stuff 'em ....

But it doesn't "blow over soon enough" The trick really is to learn to say "No". And mean it. Some people manage that rather well.

Mo

Sometimes you can try too hard to be 'Mr Nice'

I do countless favours for blokes at work, even to the point of letting them off 1/2 a shift with pay, yet when I am stuck, everyone has somewhere more important to be.

It pees me off royally.

Really sympathise with that, people taking time out from work or finishing early always

met with a 'cheers mate, will remember that, really appreciate it'....etc

Some time later 'no, can't work on tonight mate, no busy this saturday, sorry'...etc

Always one way traffic, start making a note of times however, and suddenly your

not 'mate', you've 'changed'. :(

Sorry to be reading this Ross.

In my job, and at home, I help people as much as possible, but I never ask anything in return. You just know that you will be let down :(

Know the feeling, my right hand has a couple of grazes that have just about healed up, although the middle knuckle is still a bit painful, result of repeatedly thumping my bedroom door very hard about a week ago. Not sure it's a good thing to do tbh, but it certainly helps clear the stress a little bit.

I've been there too.

All work related; things not going to plan and the like. In my last job I was treated really unfairly, the bosses at times gave me a really hard time, told me I wasn't showing commitment to the job when I'd spent 4 weeks at a time away from home doing field surveys in really grim weather, often for 14 hrs at a time etc, etc. I got really angry at times, but didn't show it at work, I tended to take it out on the tyres afterwards :rolleyes:. In the end, after a fair few rows with the scheming gets, I left my job last week and I'm starting a new one on Monday, so things are looking up.

I'm normally one of the most laid back people you'll ever come across, but every so often these things happen that really get me down. Sounds like you're having the same kinda problems.

It's easy to say try not to let it get to you, but it won't help I'm afraid. I found that at times everything was absolutely fine, and at others it was crap.

Don't know if that helps or not. But no, it aint just you.

Kay.

i used to feel that way all the time at my old place - it sucks so bad when you feel you're going out of your way for people and it's not even noticed, let alone appreciated. best not to dwell on the **** stuff as it'll only wind you up even more, try to take the time to think back to those times where people have taken the time and made the effort to help you out

hopefully, next weekend will go some way to help cheer you up :thumbup:

Yes at the moment. I got so much 5hit floating round in my head, and I'm getting stressed about the forthcoming baby. I just wish it would bloody hurry up. You try your best for people but it ain't ever enough.

For what it's worth, I know how you feel. I have been wanting to chuck my job for a while now, but circumstances dictate otherwise.

I spend the half an hour drive home trying to relax after work, but it's when I turn in the drive and see my daughter Katie waving at me through the sitting room window........ the days stresses are forgotten.

Yep been there and done that but now I know the secret to a happier less hastle free life.

STOP doing things for other people out of the goodness of your heart. Make sure you always have an angle. It's the key to success and genuine people respect you for it.

If you don't stop then make sure you think hard about what you are sacrificing and who you are sacrificing it for before doing it.

It may seem heartless and losing the 'i'm superman and can do anything' feeling we all get from time to time isn't easy but at least people won't take you for granted anymore.

They will know they are damn lucky when you actually DO agree to help them out though.