only had it for a day and it's back at the dealers!

So, I picked up the 03 plate Superb on Friday and I had to return it to the dealer ship on Monday morning!

All the interior lights not working, mirror lights not working, central locking only works for the drivers door (on the remote) etc etc.

Now it's saturday and they still can't trace the fault - it's not the wet floor syndrome though, as they have had that all out and done the diagnostics etc and they're stumped.

So, i've got the loan car for another week!

Anyone got any suggestions as they are having no luck!!

seems like a bad case of no electricity getting to the offending items that you mentioned......if it were me id check all earth connections in car.....broken earth wires or corroded ones..and there's quite a few....failing that.... it must be the car's brain that controls everything...hope you get it sorted...let us know what it was if you get it sorted.... dont forget the fuses ....regards andy

I agree with cheezemonkhai. You've given them opportunity to put it right, and they've admitted they don't know what's wrong.

Hand it back, and ask them to find you another car.

Bagpuss.

Does your car have folding door mirrors? That's where they eventually found the cause of a similar problem on my brand-new Superb. A wire in the portside mirror had stretched due to not being long enough for the folding radius and had caused an earth leak. It took the dealer the best part of the day to dismantle the car before they found it.......

A wire in the portside mirror had stretched due to not being long enough for the folding radius and had caused an earth leak. It took the dealer the best part of the day to dismantle the car before they found it.......

The salt water would then of made that corrode very quickly ;)

sounds like the pollen filter housing seal is leaking into the n/s footwell and got to the wiring or control unit or both if your really lucky!!! that old chestnut again!!!!!lol

Yep, they need to remove the scuttle panel and battery, and clear the plenum chamber drains. They also need to remove the pollen filter housing and reseal it.

The front seats need to come out, as do the kick trims so the carpet can be removed. You will probably need a new underlay. The convenience control module is most likely dead, and could need some remedial wiring work too. Will no doubt cost a few £££ for it to be fixed properly, and properly is key here. :)

Good luck with it.

well they've replaced the convenience control module and had all the flooring up and can't find the problem. It's not wet, they've checked the plenium etc etc. They have sent off for a new diagnostic disc from VW and this detected a broken wire. This has now been replaced and....

still not solved the problem.

They have me over a barrel, as I need the car for my work and if I hand it back/request a refund, i'll have lost out on getting the insurance changed, the tax disc ( i got a 12 month one the day I bought the car) etc.

Okay, they've given me a passat to use until mines fixed, but that's not the point.

I don't know what to do :( :( :(

Personally I would reject the car and go for refund and compensation if possible... It would be better in the long run and you can take the tax disc out and get a refund of complete unused months. As for the insurance presumably you wil want to insure another car so just keep it on the car and then switch it when you get another one... So get off that barrel and put the garage on it.

:)

They have me over a barrel, as I need the car for my work and if I hand it back/request a refund, i'll have lost out on [snip] the tax disc ( i got a 12 month one the day I bought the car)

You can 'cash in' a Road Fund Licence to the value of the unused whole months. I do that every time I trade in a car; by the time they notice I'm long gone. That would be small consolation to you, but, to quote Tesco, 'every little helps'.