709.2 MILES ON ONE vRS TANK

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liberal use of the right pedal to overtake "40mph-everywherers" and short journeys mostly on A/B roads probably account for my range with expansion tank ;)

:thumbup:

My daily commute is 25miles of dual carraigeway each way, so i normally pootle along at 50-60mph each day there and back.

Computer normally comes back at 62-63mpg, take that with a pinch of salt though.

Other driving in town see's it fall to low 40's though.

The computer on mine doesn't seem too bad compared to what I've heard about other peoples', it usually reads 47-48mpg when I actually do 45-46mpg.

This tank is the first V-Power I've used and so far the economy seems to be up along with smoothness, quietness, possibly a bit more grunt and a lot less crap out the back. Might actually be worth the 6p / ltr difference in future :)

i managed 10mpg last night. used 1/4 of a tank to 36 miles :D

:thumbup: Good going!

I can assure everyone that this was accurate. Looking back over my records

I have filled my tank with more than 54 litres on four occasions. My previous best was 654 miles then I tried BP ultimate and the result was 58.3 mpg over 709 miles. Certainly 55.3 L was the most I have ever squeezed in.

I dont granny it all the time. I often use full throttle for a few seconds to overtake on B roads.

vRS owners will know that just a few seconds full throttle in third and fourth to max revs will get you moving ,I just then ease back and stick it into sixth and put on cruise.

I love my vRS .I can't ride motorbikes any more due to injuries. My vRS is the next best thing to replace my bikes.

(VRS Hopeful because I had to wait over two years to buy my vRS and then crashed my bike the week before I was due to pick it up and then spent three weeks in intensive care with two broken femurs and could not drive the vRS for four months.)

ECONOMY WITH GOOD PERFORMANCE -----Fabia vRS

Just a measly T4 for me...but done the trick once it was wound up :D:thumbup:

couldnt get a T4 at the time of build - Turbo Dynamics had a years waiting list! Opted for a GT30 with .82 a/r exhaust housing and Tial External waste gate. good for 570bhp when remapped :D

Got a couple of pics....

First, range - Max I'd seen ever. I know, the range is fairly easily faked but I did end up getting 540 miles out of that tank.

Next, MPG - I was stuck behind a lorry for 25 miles on country roads, and the truck only did 45mph. The Fabia is very economical at that speed....

23657.attach

23658.attach

Can someone please explain what the expansion tank is? is there a certain amount you can put in over and above when the pump clicks off???? these figures seem ridiculously high! as a few others have said i struggle to get 400 from a tank.

cheers

Can someone please explain what the expansion tank is? is there a certain amount you can put in over and above when the pump clicks off???? these figures seem ridiculously high! as a few others have said i struggle to get 400 from a tank.

cheers

As you look down the filler neck there's a small lever on the righthand side, when the pump clicks off, push this lever down/away from you (continue holding it down / away) with the nozzle and continue filling for another 10* litres.

*I say about 10ltrs as I've never checked. I reckon I fill the car up when there's about 2ltrs left in the tank, the tank is ~45ltrs and I can squeeze about 52ltrs in.

As you look down the filler neck there's a small lever on the righthand side, when the pump clicks off, push this lever down/away from you (continue holding it down / away) with the nozzle and continue filling for another 10* litres.

*I say about 10ltrs as I've never checked. I reckon I fill the car up when there's about 2ltrs left in the tank, the tank is ~45ltrs and I can squeeze about 52ltrs in.

Never knew that! Nice one, i'll give it a try.:thumbup:

Used to see 300 miles a tank if lucky on local short commute, then started doing 500mile round trips over 2-3 days. Mostly motorway, averaging 65mph ish on the computer, showing 53-55 mpg but sometimes 60-62 on slow sections. My trip computer reads pretty good, have checked it a few times against brim to brim. Fuel price hikes encourage 'innovative' driving.

This week saw 620 miles, around 500 actual with 120 remaining on trip computer at end of journey so I guess thats 620miles a tank. On long steady motorway drives the 130PD really comes into its own.

As many people on here have said. the fuel economy really improves once the engine sees around 20,000 miles and has loosened up nicely.

Expansion tank helps a good deal, and now with no sign of a 35 degree spell of weather until July 2009 it seems the expansion tank is redundant for the time being anyway, so lets use the extra capacity!!

I would say that I have prob got better than that before.!

I regulary average 65-70 so say I would get around 820ish miles to a tank.

This is just with steady driving to work... i dont ever really hit traffic, and the roads around me are very good.

Michael