Boot style, your opinions wanted.

Your oppinions are wanted if you don't mind.

I know I am opening myself up to all sorts of abuse, but I am sure I can handle it been on here long enough to know whats coming.

I have attached 4 pictures of the rear of my car.

Last week I had the boot smoothed off and debadged. I originally was looking at changing the badges for different, but now it is smooth I am not 100% on what to do.

comments welcome please.

23667.attach

23668.attach

23669.attach

23670.attach

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you do realise that everyone on the road is laughing at you due to your choice of rear lights?

Yeah they are pretty bad, very Halfords and instant ebay fodder. I think they look pure tack, much prefer the original lights. However if he likes them he should keep them.

BADGELESS for me.

Des

if your going to put a badge on, go with the turbo on the bottom right of the tailgate, personally i think any other badge in place of the skoda badge looks ****.

i also agree with everyone else on your choice of rear lights :thumbdwn:

I knew exactly what was coming whe I posted this... fortunately I didn't buy any of the badges I borrowed them from a mate who works for a sign company.

I am glad to see the opinion so far is generally smooth is good in life...

that was where I was leaning in the first place anyway...

I was just thinking of looking at adding a little more red to the outside along with the red callipers, seeing as that was the intension of the VRS SE.

Thanks everyone, and will definately be sticking with smooth.

as for lights. I like them and they where free to me (which is now going to open myself to more abuse, he he he)

thank you all.

Sorry not selling them... want to keep all original fitments for when I sell the car.

As for comment about turbo in bottom right of tailgate. please see picture. just nocked this up quick in paint, so not perfect.

any better.

23672.attach

As most others have said, I don't like the lights either:) BUT if you like them then that's all that matters really.

I really do like the smooth look. I think if it was mine, I would put the original VRS badge down somewhere on the lower right hand corner:thumbup:

Sorry not selling them... want to keep all original fitments for when I sell the car.

As for comment about turbo in bottom right of tailgate. please see picture. just nocked this up quick in paint, so not perfect.

any better.

yeah thats what i was meaning, i dont think thats all that bad.

change your lights tho :P:rofl:

dude, quick question, is the skoda badge held on with glue or pinned in, dont wanna remove mine and then find holes to weld lol.

or im thinking of painting it black :D

The badgeis glued and pinned just to make it a complete pain in the ***.

there are 2 locating pins on the badge that slot into holes. and then sticky sponge pads on revers hold it in place.

It cost me £70 to be de-badged and sprayed. I know a little high but I also trust the stray shop and know their work is quality. can't beat that sometimes...

Am definately getting the thoughts running through my head that there is not amny people out there that like the lights....

hey ho... actually should have left the number plate on so people know who I am in the area. he he he, but tough now you don't...

will be getting the other stuff fitted to my VRS soon so am probably turning lights back to original anyway as certainly looking for a sleeper of a car.

Anyone have a front de-baged grill they want to get rid of. I am certainly wanting rid of all idents on car. except for certain ones like the nurbergring one as soon as can arrange a trip with friends.

black ring on a blue car will look great...

Edited by ns_sullivan
needed to add comments from other people too...