cut off point -----

Those who show an interest only at this stage:

1. GCR31463 & SWMBO (1 car)

This was so fantastic last time im going

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment, due to me not passing both exams this winter, I cannot commit to either attending or organising a CZ 2009. Work and training takes priority. I will be sticking to organising / attending as many domestic meets as possible though! :thumbup:

COUGH COUGH Castle Combe 29/04/08 :P

Hi guys. Some new things to consider and ask of your existing contacts here in Czech. The factory in Boleslav is on short time, with planned whole weeks shutdowns well into next year, so I would guess that it won't be open for tours during those periods, but there's no exact calendar for them as yet.

This is the Doksy organiser.- [email protected] - nothing yet on their web about dates for '09.

this airfield is rentable for private activities, bring your own cones ('bollards' !)

Poøádání akcí na letišti Mnichovo Hradištì

this is also not far away and can be booked, it's where the works Kit Cars, WRCs and now S2000 are tested. - AMCB

and it's here - Mapy.cz - GPS - 50°31'43.719"N, 14°46'50.089"E

Juha (yee-ha) Hanninen testing S2000 at Bela YouTube - Juha Hanninen test Skoda Fabia Super 2000

Today a good old Pound Sterling only gets you 28.3 crowns, only change in Czech high street banks, everywhere else is a ripoff. 95 unleaded currently under 25czk/litre outside Praha.

Mlada Boleslav hotel links..Ceník - Galatea

**** Hotel STEFANIE ubytování Mladá Boleslav O hotelu: Hotel u hradu

Happy to help where I can, stuff-all else to do and the barn's bleedin' freezin' !

Cheers

John

Just updating the list, as Jason maybe busy with his exams next year if we can get a list of atleast 10 100% definatly going then I am happy to get us all sorted :P this year will be a chaotic meet if I end up organising mind :P

Please update the list as soon as you are 100% sure, at the moment that will mean keeping a week free anytime in september.

Definate, who wants the deposit

1. Tigger1979 +1 (1 car)

Once I get 10 cars going I will start to organise I am going anyway.

Maybes not 100%

1. SMS+Sinister (1 car)

2. Skodaboy1983 & Skodagirl1985 (1 car)

3. Octimark & Family (1 car)

4. Youngsyd & SWMBO (1 car)

5. Jonny5ive+1 (1car

6. Shifty (1 Car)

7. Gilly & Wibble (1 car)

8. APD007 +1 (1 car)

9.--GT--+1 (1car)

10. bernie.63 + 1 Car

2. Devontopia

All I know is I am going what ever the price and what ever the date is in September :D

I am going to drive across to Prague, Love the AutoBahns and everyone can follow my directions to the Hotel ;)

Also the factory trips will happen as usuall because last time we went we were asked to contact the factory in advance for a visit to the prototype showroom :thumbup:

Edited by Tigger_1979

Correction to my last post - the New Year implications of short-time working will be 4-day weeks, nothing doing on Fridays so my assumption now is that factory tours would need to be Mon-Thurs. I will try to get the definitive answer to this from the Muzeum admin tomorrow and post here, unless you've already got your Czech contact doing this.

Holiday shutdown was meant to be the end of Thursday last week till Jan 13 but in fact on Thursday they built only Superbs at one of the other plants.

Given that YOU started this thread 3 months ago don't YOU think YOU could have done some research and even organised it YOURSELF??? :hbomb::orb_angry

im not getting into any petty arguments but wasnt it said by you in an earlier post that its jasons trip and we should leave it to him?:rolleyes:;):P I have done some research as you will see from the first few pages but with euro v pound at such a poor rate at the moment the prices will be alot higher.:thumbdwn:

Right ! Confirmed by a very nice young lady at the Skoda Muzeum, factory tours 2009 will be Mondays to Thursdays only. You must ask separately for factory tour, depositary tour and translated muzeum guide.

The muzeum can offer a 9-seat minibus, for more bodies you have to arrange your own bus- this lot are okay TC Transcentrum

Children under 12 aren't allowed inside the factory.

New Czech motoring laws from Jan 1st. You must carry your 2-part accident report form with you, and the obligatory reflective vest must be in the car within the driver's reach. Daft stuff, but if you pee them off, they'll be on a mission to find anything. A friend stopped a while ago for a mobile radar infringement asked for the certificate of the machine's calibration regime, they didn't have it. Being thus foiled, they did a 'fine tooth comb' job and eventually fined him czk1000/ then £30 for having the scissors missing from his in-date first aid kit.

How's this for Catch 22 - you now don't have to call the plod after an accident if there's no injuries,no damage to property other than the vehicles involved, and if both parties agree their damage is not more than czk 100,000-. With Czech repairers being such ripoff merchants, how the hell can you decide that on the spot? If you don't call them,then the job on the other guy's car turns out to be more, you get done for 'not reporting' but if you call the plod and subsequently the repairs are less than that amount, the plod send you a bill for their time.

Hi guys. Some new things to consider and ask of your existing contacts here in Czech. The factory in Boleslav is on short time, with planned whole weeks shutdowns well into next year, so I would guess that it won't be open for tours during those periods, but there's no exact calendar for them as yet.

This is the Doksy organiser.- [email protected] - nothing yet on their web about dates for '09.

this airfield is rentable for private activities, bring your own cones ('bollards' !)

Poøádání akcí na letišti Mnichovo Hradištì

this is also not far away and can be booked, it's where the works Kit Cars, WRCs and now S2000 are tested. - AMCB

and it's here - Mapy.cz - GPS - 50°31'43.719"N, 14°46'50.089"E

Juha (yee-ha) Hanninen testing S2000 at Bela YouTube - Juha Hanninen test Skoda Fabia Super 2000

Today a good old Pound Sterling only gets you 28.3 crowns, only change in Czech high street banks, everywhere else is a ripoff. 95 unleaded currently under 25czk/litre outside Praha.

Mlada Boleslav hotel links..Ceník - Galatea

**** Hotel STEFANIE ubytování Mladá Boleslav O hotelu: Hotel u hradu

Happy to help where I can, stuff-all else to do and the barn's bleedin' freezin' !

Cheers

John

Diky moc:thumbup:

Just updating the list, as Jason maybe busy with his exams next year if we can get a list of atleast 10 100% definatly going then I am happy to get us all sorted :P this year will be a chaotic meet if I end up organising mind :P

Please update the list as soon as you are 100% sure, at the moment that will mean keeping a week free anytime in september.

Definate, who wants the deposit

1. Tigger1979 +1 (1 car)

Once I get 10 cars going I will start to organise I am going anyway

1. Tigger1979 +1 (1 car)

2. Octimark & Family (1 x Car)

At this moment in time i'm the same as Tigger. As in I 100% plan to drive to Czech anyway and can be flexible on dates.

Just to make it clear again, I will be going off to the in-laws while there and might not be convoying back with the group if we decide to stay longer.I'm sure this doesnt cause a problem and in actual terms just means I make my own arrangements to drive back to the UK.

I also want to add that I know this trip has been done before and a lot of people know the route, contacts, times, venues etc etc. so it would make sense to stick with a plan that works. I dont want to step on anyones toes but my offer to help with as much as anyone wants me to still stands. From past experience on organising trips the old saying of too many cooks should be taken notice of. "I" (read as the mrs) can do any communcation in Czech (written or spoken) if required, just let me know.

I will need to have a definite date by the 7th of January or I might not be able to book time off from work. without a definate date by then then i wont be 100% certain of being able to attend.

• 3 weeks later...

2. Skodaboy1983 & Skodagirl1985 (1 car)

3. Octimark & Family (1 car)

4. Youngsyd & SWMBO (1 car)

5. Jonny5ive+1 (1car

6. Shifty (1 Car)

7. Gilly & Wibble (1 car)

8. APD007 +1 (1 car)

9.--GT--+1 (1car)

10. bernie.63 + 1 Car

2. Devontopia

Im afraid I am pulling out of this, as much as i want to go and have the cash i needed to know by last week the dates and as Will has clearly pointed out he has taken over the running of this I have no other option but to. Sorry all, maybe another trip or year!!

New Czech motoring laws from Jan 1st. You must carry your 2-part accident report form with you, and the obligatory reflective vest must be in the car within the driver's reach. Daft stuff, but if you pee them off, they'll be on a mission to find anything. A friend stopped a while ago for a mobile radar infringement asked for the certificate of the machine's calibration regime, they didn't have it. Being thus foiled, they did a 'fine tooth comb' job and eventually fined him czk1000/ then £30 for having the scissors missing from his in-date first aid kit.

How's this for Catch 22 - you now don't have to call the plod after an accident if there's no injuries,no damage to property other than the vehicles involved, and if both parties agree their damage is not more than czk 100,000-. With Czech repairers being such ripoff merchants, how the hell can you decide that on the spot? If you don't call them,then the job on the other guy's car turns out to be more, you get done for 'not reporting' but if you call the plod and subsequently the repairs are less than that amount, the plod send you a bill for their time.

Hi John

Where does one get these mandatory 2 part accident report forms from? Are they issued free of charge at the border?

I'll be in Dresden at the weekend, will it be possible to get some there?

cheers ... Darren

Welcome to the Czech Republic - Rules of the road

This doesn't mention the accident forms (or hi-vis jackets / first aid kits etc..although I carry these anyway). But it does say that the police must be informed if there are injuries or if damage exceeds 50,000CZK / €1800 (GBP1650)

regards ... Darren

• 4 weeks later...

I am still waiting for Confirmation of the Doksy meet date but I can be sure this trip is going to b 5 days in Prague between the dates of 5th September 2009 and 27th September 2009.

5 days will include the following:

1 day at Doksy

- 1 day at the Skoda factory and hopefully a new trip round the Concept cars

- 1 day walking around Prague being like tourists

- 1 of the evenings will involve drinking in the evening and out for a nice meal, with no driving planned the next morning or afternoon

- a few trips to the airfield

- Drive home via Nurbergring

- AutoBahns there and back, everyone should catch the same ferry and drive, to keep the meet more sociable

- not sure I will include the brewery trip this year so will find something else we could all do.

I am still waiting for Confirmation of the Doksy meet date but I can be sure this trip is going to b 5 days in Prague between the dates of 5th September 2009 and 27th September 2009.

1 day at Doksy

- 1 of the evenings will involve drinking in the evening and out for a nice meal, with no driving planned the next morning or afternoon

- AutoBahns there and back, everyone should catch the same ferry and drive, to keep the meet more sociable

- not sure I will include the brewery trip this year so will find something else we could all do.

Sounds good to me mate. :thumbup: I agree though, maybe lose the brewery tour, spend the time sampling the product in the many bars instead! :D

Edited by apd007

I'm still planning on making this trip but I do have a wedding between those dates so hopefully the Doksy dates dont clash for me.

I cant decide if i'm going to drive to Czech in June too:confused: Might just fly that time and save my energy (and money) for the road trip in September.

1 day at Doksy

Hi Will

I'm looking doubtful for September at the moment.

If I do manage to get over, my travel itinerary would be slightly different anyway,

as I'd have to go via SWMBOs place.

At the moment work out your numbers without us, if we can make it later, we'll book independently and meet up as best we can.

Keep up the good work though.

cheers ... Darren