WW VRS - Fabia vRS Combi

Tech1e

Looking good. :thumbup: I noticed in the snow shot above that the bumper is hanging out slightly from the wing. Both sides of my front bumper do this and I wondered what I need to do to hold it in place? Wasn't sure if perhaps the vRS bumper needed different mounting bracket as I re-used the one that held on my old stock bumper.

I'd rather not divulge too much about that at this point - but the insurance payout allowed me to cover the purchase of the donor vehicle (I drove that for quite some time as well), buy-back of the vRS, and the bulk of the materials to get it running.

Things will become more clear on this in time :)

Thought you only hated derv ones :P - do not diss the Mustang slayer ;)

I reckon it is the combination of all the little details coming together that makes it work very well :D

At least at the moment it should be faster than the ambulance :o - somehow I doubt that will be true once yours is sorted though ;)

:rofl: - I have this feeling I'd be going backwards, and unlike the time I had yours on the trailer, this time it is kinda handy to keep the clutch in one piece :P

Also I can't break mine as I'd need a fast getaway car then :o - I will do a tug of war with yours as long as yours is still in the current state :rofl:

Right after all that irrelevant waffle a tiny little update. Not much time tonight but things done were

- Bumper removed (again) and mesh repainted as it wasnt 100% perfect. Inside of bumper painted so can't be seen through mesh.

- Headlamp wash system fitted inc new cylinders, nozzles and pipework. One nozzle is on back order at the moment, covers are off being painted.

- Trial fitted vRS rear skirt (for fibreglass its really good quality, thanks Alex for the info on that) now that has gone for prep and paint.

- Mocked up extension for tail pipe, this is ready to be welded in place once rear skirt is on.

19022009636.jpg

19022009637.jpg

19022009635.jpg

LCR front splitter on tomorrow and then bring her home (well my home anyway..lol).