New Look BRISKODA

ColinD

• Administrators

As an incremental updated to our last theme update, Alex Pinner has put a considerable amount of work into updating the theme of the site to provide a unified look.

I'd like to thank Alex for this work as it's painfully time consuming.

Now it's over to you the members to help Alex. The theme is available for testing via the style selector right down at the bottom of each page. Take a moment to locate it, then swap to the new style. You can swap back!

Should you notice any issues, please post them here in a constructive way, provide as much information as you can as to what caused the issue, perhaps what web browser you're using and so on.

We'll be using this style as the default with further personalisation to follow; I know some crave darkness, I can understand this.

So please, thanks to Alex and let the constructive feedback begin...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
I really like it, my one suggestion would be that the lighter green is perhaps a little too light for my taste. That's the only thing I dislike about it, though!

The page background I take it?

If so, then that's part of the personalisation coming in a bit ;)

The page background I take it?

If so, then that's part of the personalisation coming in a bit ;)

Nope, just for example the heading across the top of the page that contains "Pronounced "bris-skoda"" etc...

For the record I really like the green across the very top and across the top of the individual posts.

Additionally, it would be really nice if the top level navigation highlighted depending on what section you're in. Ie when you're reading this thread the "forums" tab would display in it's :hover state :)

Hi Guys, Just a bit of background information, the colour and style is roughly based around the current skoda.co.uk website, if you dont believe me have a look :P

Freedom members your custom links are now located under the quick links menu at the top of every page.

Again, any constructive feedback is welcomed and we will do all that we can to improve things and polish things off.

Additionally, it would be really nice if the top level navigation highlighted depending on what section you're in. Ie when you're reading this thread the "forums" tab would display in it's :hover state :)

That is already on the cards in my head, just needs a bit of jiggery pokery to the menu and it should work. :thumbup:

just a small problem found,whn i go into view user profile,and select view all statistics,all the view post options etc come up in a window which seems to overlap other stuff on the page,i'm not altogether sure if it is suposed to happen like that,but just looks like a glitch.

just a small problem found,whn i go into view user profile,and select view all statistics,all the view post options etc come up in a window which seems to overlap other stuff on the page,i'm not altogether sure if it is suposed to happen like that,but just looks like a glitch.

Nope, its not supposed to do that at all, will look into it. Cheers

It's nice. It's just... very green. At least with the grey/blue we have you can look at it for a long time. The green tends to burn into my eyes after a short while. Might just be me though.

It's nice. It's just... very green. At least with the grey/blue we have you can look at it for a long time. The green tends to burn into my eyes after a short while. Might just be me though.

You will get used to it :P, the green has been toned down several times already. We dont want to head back in the direction of the old briskoda swamp green. Give it a chance and use it for a few days and if your like me you will come to hate the old grey and blue its so dull! Or.... maybe not ;)

You will get used to it :P, the green has been toned down several times already. We dont want to head back in the direction of the old briskoda swamp green. Give it a chance and use it for a few days and if your like me you will come to hate the old grey and blue its so dull! Or.... maybe not ;)

Gotta say fella - nice work! Looks great, had a good browse around, and I instantly like it. It has much more of a Skoda feel to it now. Well done.

Wow that is one bright page. For me the green is a little overpowering especially the light green, but the Post text is so much easier to read on a high res monitor:thumbup:. Overall I like it as much as the old one, so probably that means I like it more, as I am comfortable with the old style. Good effort + thanks for all the hard work:thumbup: