New Look BRISKODA

ColinD

Cheers for the feedback and the issue with user profiles i will look into, it seem very odd though as it only does it on this version of the theme. :confused:

No one has said they hate it yet though.. which is always a good start! :rolleyes:

Edited by apinner

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allthough not 100% sure about the shades of green yet (the lighter border looks a bit 'toy townish' if that makes sense), but would it be better to have the time stamp and the 'Forum Jump' at the bottom of the page, both in Green rather than still in blue?

The time stamps in blue was intentional, you couldn't possible want more green? :confused:

As you all seem to question the greens involved, they are all slightly toned down versions of skoda.co.uk.. blame them :P

24012-comparison.jpg

I like it generally, good work! :thumbup:

I do however think the old fonts were more readable. Is there the possibility of an option to chose the font ;)

Keep up the good work Alex. :thumbup:

I like it generally, good work! :thumbup:

I do however think the old fonts were more readable. Is there the possibility of an option to chose the font ;)

Keep up the good work Alex. :thumbup:

I agree with tom, finding the fonts hard to get used to and read easily, other than that liking it alot :thumbup:

I know I'm going to get lambasted for this but hey ho................... I just wish as much effort was put in to the organisation of events and social gatherings rather than website 'eye candy'!

Briskoda has changed visually several times since I've joined, all very nice I hasten to add, but you have to ask is all this effort really necessary? The way it looks now is just fine so how about looking into organising the promissed National Meet eh Colin!, you've promised so much and yet delivered so little imo.

If it offends so beit, but these are my thoughts on the matter.

I think I could get to like it - although I will give it some time before making my mind up.

A couple of small issues ....

1. Non-Freedom members show as black now rather than blue as before - is this intentional?

2. Its quite hard to work out what page you are on - esp when on 1 of x. I think the current page is shown in bold, but a bold 1 doesn't stand out well.

2. Its quite hard to work out what page you are on - esp when on 1 of x. I think the current page is shown in bold, but a bold 1 doesn't stand out well.

Exactly what I mean about threads with new posts in - the bold is useless, you just can't see it

The green is very different and a little bright, but then I thought I couldn't get used to the last change and I have. The font is quite small, or maybe I need to seriously find some glasses I like and actually use them. :rolleyes::D

Thankyou for the time that is put in to make the site better. :)

Are we looking at the same thing, the bold and normal text is very clearly different IMO. If you can post a screenshot and some details like colin said so we can see exactly what you mean it would be good.

In response to Makefish, I did all of this off my own back to show my appreciation for the site, I was not asked by Colin.

No issues here on my 24" 1920x1200 monitor under windows vista, all looks nice and clear. I prefer the new skin including the fonts. Bold and normal are very different on my monitor. For those having issues with LCD monitors make sure you are using the monitor at its correct native resolution otherwise, yes it will look blurred because the monitor is having to do image scaling which most are crap at.

I'm not sure the buttons work with it either? (Quote, Edit, Thanks, Post Reply etc.) Maybe if they were more Web 2.0 tarted up like you've done to my logo they'd seem a little more cohesive with the rest of the site? (the font on them is hideous, sorry)

And even living with it for a while, I think that light green would work far better as a light-mid-grey rather than mint.

But thumbs up for it so far. Reskinning a forum is a bugger to do. I loathe the days (read: months) when work ask me to do it. :thumbup:

I'm not sure the buttons work with it either? (Quote, Edit, Thanks, Post Reply etc.) Maybe if they were more Web 2.0 tarted up like you've done to my logo they'd seem a little more cohesive with the rest of the site? (the font on them is hideous, sorry)

And even living with it for a while, I think that light green would work far better as a light-mid-grey rather than mint.

But thumbs up for it so far. Reskinning a forum is a bugger to do. I loathe the days (read: months) when work ask me to do it. :thumbup:

If you design a better button set thats more fitting we will certainly consider them, PM me if you want to have a go and ill send you the current set. The font on the buttons is the same as the site. As for the mint green, we have something planned already but thanks for the feedback.

With regards to the font, i can clearly see the difference even in your screenshot!! :confused::confused:

I must be having an off day....I can't find any way of swapping themes :o there is a box at the bottom of the page with Tags written on it and theme in green in the box but if I click on ik it just puts up a link to this thread, with the same theme as before