My poor Octy!

Really sorry to see your pics. This brings back memories of a similar incident that happened to me when I had my Passat. New front wing and bumper was duely painted up and fitted at my local VW dealer who had a high-tech paint shop. Upon first inspection the job was A1, paint finish was great on the new panels. After 2 weeks the drivers door started to come out in little blisters. It seems that if you look after your car and treat it to a bit of car polish then it is best to warn the paintshop because they can be a bit complacent about dewaxing neighbouring panels properly before "blowing in " the final finish causing an adverse reaction.

" They say that most accidents happen within five miles of your house (or something like that). "

White van man , whilst attempting a 3 point turn managed to remove the paint off one of my doors in a private drive while I was parked on my property !

I sympathise !

Sorry to hear & see; any witnesses? Got to be careful that he doesn't say that he saw you, stopped and that you then hit him!

Bet you the bill will be the best part of £1,000.

Things look like they are going through at his liability. He was pretty apologetic at the time (not that it helped much).

I don't have to pay any excess, and I will get a 'comparable' hire car. That will be an interesting discussion when they call me!

Things look like they are going through at his liability. He was pretty apologetic at the time (not that it helped much).

I don't have to pay any excess, and I will get a 'comparable' hire car. That will be an interesting discussion when they call me!

Sounds like a result! well done. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my car back. It took two weeks, but as I was away with work for the full duration it didn't really matter.

New bumper and new wing, almost £500 in the end. Looks a decent enough job (although I had to take it back to touch up a couple of chips on the sill and align the headlights).

I was in Australia and had a Holden Commodore 3.6, but was I glad to back into my Octy! :)

Did you check that they touched in the bolts that hold the wing on under the bonnet? A decent paint shop makes it look as good as new.