skoda are a disgrace - this is not on..

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was simply a suggestion that as you appear to be so unhappy about the whole situation that you might be considering looking at something else, thats all... I can understand your frustration but short of complaining to SUK and the dealer and ranting on here, there's not a great deal you can do other than to cancel your order and look elsewhere for alternative options.

No offence but as previous posters have suggested, there is a back log of customer who have been / will likely be waiting far longer and if I were SUK I would be priortising the orders on a first in first out basis which will obviously have a knock on effect to later orders.

As I say, I'd be frustrated too but what can you do!

well - funny you should mention that. I raised the "issue" with skoda Uk and got an email from them this morning giving me my "enquiry number" and saying that they are looking into my "complaint". I suspect it will come to nothing although it will make me feel better - at least i tried everything reasonable to get the car asap !

I know the dealer is talking to SUK as well as he is unhappy - this issue affects 3 or his firm customer orders. I bet there are people in different positions to me who will take their money elsewhere. this is not good for the dealer or the brand.

Possibly. It's just that you keep dissing (hey, I'm getting hip now, a bit like James's 'sick') other peoples preference for diesel over petrol.

no i dont ! my opinion is that diesels are noiser at standstill and less refined under acceleration. this is just my opinion. I speak with experience as i have driven the 170CR. It is much better than the PD but still not as quiet and refined as the petrol. I accept it has other benefits (CO2, tax, torque etc). I agree "each to his own". i have never said "you have made the wrong choice" . I do think there is a degree of "bandwaggon" syndrome in the UK in terms of diesel. Many people dismiss the petrol before even giving it a thought. You cant even image the number of dealers i have fallen out with because they have simply ignored my opinion "hello i have a lot of money buring a hole in my pocket and would like to buy one of your Petrol cars" "the diesel is much better would you like one" "no thanks pertol please" "are you sure, the diesel is much cheaper to run" "no thanks - listen to what i am telling you i am the customer and want a PETROL" .....not exactly word for word but you get the idea !!! its very annoying to be treated liek you are weird for even suggesting you want to buy a petrol. They cant even b ebothered to try and look for a petrol for you to test drive. they think its ok to send you out in a diesel for 10 mins and then expect you to commit to buying a car. (i have had to take a massive leap of faith with the superb as there are simply no petrol demos for me to drive !!)

Although, I've got the 170CR TDi and am very happy with it, I do understand what Jonathan is saying. As huge numbers of cars are now company vehicles, CO2 emissions are the deciding factor for most people. This has usually meant that you have to choose diesel if you want decent BHP and torque. My own personal preference is for petrol, but the tax man would bend me over and roger me senseless on most performance petrol cars.

It has to be said that I would have chosen the 1.8TSi DSG had Skoda got the emissions figures correct. There's a huge difference between 195 g/km (which is what they published when I was ordering) and the current figure of 168 g/km. Oh well, next time I'm ordering we'll probably all be suffering the woes of road pricing, and CO2 emissions will be the least of my worries (given that I drive 35,000 miles a year ) :(

Bagpuss.

There's a huge difference between 195 g/km (which is what they published when I was ordering) and the current figure of 168 g/km.

Bagpuss.

or indeed the 165g that is now being quoted on the government website ! I will let you know what comes though on my V5 (although by the time i get my car they will have done away with V5's and the cars will be electronically tagged or something ;))

A degree of bandwagon perhaps...

Personally speaking, all the cars on my list to choose from are Diesels - its our policy..

thats fair enough - your hands are tied. As a private buyer i have the luxury of choice but also the burden or ownership !!

Possibly. It's just that you keep dissing (hey, I'm getting hip now, a bit like James's 'sick') other peoples preference for diesel over petrol.

You know it's a sad state of affairs when I'm being called 'hip'.

I too chose the Superb from a pretty large, but pretty unimpressive Company Car list. Much to choose from, but nothing comes close to the Superb on value. As such, I'm peeved if mine is delayed.

Our company car list was nothing to get excited about either! It was a toss up between a current shape Octy or a new Superb.

The Superb won on price as since the leasing company's list of cars I'm entitled to was issued the Octy 2.0Tdi leasing price increased over my monthly budget due to revised (read lower) residual values, no doubt due to the imminent release of the facelifted MY09!

The order has been placed and this morning I received the following email from the leasing company:-

"Thank you for yor order which is now in place with our supplying Skoda dealer. They have estimated delivery to be around approx the end of January 2009"

"Around approx"; they haven't a clue in other words! If I were a betting man I'd predict its arrival sometime in February 2009

no i dont ! my opinion is that diesels are noiser at standstill and less refined under acceleration. this is just my opinion. I speak with experience as i have driven the 170CR. It is much better than the PD but still not as quiet and refined as the petrol. I accept it has other benefits (CO2, tax, torque etc). I agree "each to his own". i have never said "you have made the wrong choice" )

Yes you do! Without digging too deep I found four different threads where you used the 'bag-o-spanners' quip when referring to diesels. I too have driven the 170CR and the b-o-s quip is wildly innacurate. I can't compare it to the petrol as I haven't had the pleasure, and although I would concede that it probably is smoother than the diesel, you could never accuse the diesel of being rough or noisy. And imo, each time you slag the diesel off, you ARE saying "you have made the wrong choice".

That's my lot. I was just saying it was getting tedious, the b-o-s stuff. :thumbup:

you could never accuse the diesel of being rough or noisy. :thumbup:

if you are comparing it to the petrol then it is. compared to the PD engine then it is not. compared to a BMW diesel it is. its all about where you set the benchmark.

shall we say a "bag of rubber spanners then" :thumbup:

you are taking the "b-o-s" comment rather personally - are you an engine designer who was responsible for the 170CR design ??:rofl:

I am sure you will all enjoy your bag-of.......erm i mean diesel engined cars and i will enjoy my petrol DSG. You will leave me standing in the 30mph - 60mph race I know !!

its only a forum and forums are the place for airing our opinions. i shall not "change the record" as its merely my opinion. Black cars are too dark and show the dirt is also my opinion - i am sure plenty of you will buy black as you like it. Privacy glass will always be refered to as "drug dealer glass" by many people (inc me) on here. again - all opinions and no offence intended !

have a nice weekend everyone - i am hoping for better news on the progress of my superb by monday (although i am not holding my breath !)

if you are comparing it to the petrol then it is. compared to the PD engine then it is not. compared to a BMW diesel it is. its all about where you set the benchmark.

shall we say a "bag of rubber spanners then" :thumbup:

you are taking the "b-o-s" comment rather personally - are you an engine designer who was responsible for the 170CR design ??:rofl:

I am sure you will all enjoy your bag-of.......erm i mean diesel engined cars and i will enjoy my petrol DSG. You will leave me standing in the 30mph - 60mph race I know !!

its only a forum and forums are the place for airing our opinions. i shall not "change the record" as its merely my opinion. Black cars are too dark and show the dirt is also my opinion - i am sure plenty of you will buy black as you like it. Privacy glass will always be refered to as "drug dealer glass" by many people (inc me) on here. again - all opinions and no offence intended !

have a nice weekend everyone - i am hoping for better news on the progress of my superb by monday (although i am not holding my breath !)

Fairy fluff. :thumbup:

Hello everyone,

This is my first message here.

My next company car will be a Superb. It was finally ordered yesterday and it's scheduled for production on the 51th week, so it's supposed to arrive here (Spain) around mid January.

The local dealer told me from the beginning the problems with the sunroof, because I wanted that option; but as I needed the car for the first week of February, I had to "delete" that option. I asked the Skoda seller if they were experiencing any problems or delays with the ordered cars, and he answered me there weren't any problems except for the sunroof option (already solved, by the way, since the vehicles equipped with this option are going to be produced before the end ot this year). In fact, in Summer the usual time between ordering a specific car and its arriving to the dealer was about three months; and right now is just a month. Cars ordered at the beginning of October are now at the dealer. Nothing to do with DSG or manual, petrol or diesel.

So it seems to be there are no problems or delays with the new Superb here. Please note I'm just talking about the spanish situation; I don't know anything about UK, France, Germany or elsewhere. But it's curious that

Strangely enough, here in Finland there are no problems with delivering Superbs in time

Therefore, I presume the problems are related to the sunroof option (just my 2 cents :D)

By the way, my choice has been a Superb 1.8 TSI DSG Elegance with premium Bluetooth and 10-speaker sound system, Satin Grey, and beige interior :cool:

Alvaro, my car will be the same, 1.8 TSI Elegance DSG. Expept I don`t have the sun-roof....and with black interior...and the color of the car is simply WHITE.:eek:

"with premium Bluetooth and 10-speaker sound system" Those are included in Elegance here in Finland. My car will be manufactured week 49, so I expect it to arrive here sometime in January....:D

By the way, my choice has been a Superb 1.8 TSI DSG Elegance with premium Bluetooth and 10-speaker sound system, Satin Grey, and beige interior :cool:

TOP QUALITY CHOICE !!! finally someone else who has ordered the petrol DSG !! an in satin grey with beige - exactly the same as me.i doubt your build week is ocrrect though. i am told the factory close for 2 weeks over christmas so wk 51 builds will not happen until 2009. i could be wrong but that is what i was told .

"with premium Bluetooth and 10-speaker sound system" Those are included in Elegance here in Finland.

The equipment differs from one country to another. For example, here in Spain we have "Comfort" and "Ambition" instead of S and SE. "Elegance" is the top-line also, but it doesn't come with leather upholstery, bluetooth or 10-speaker sound system. The budget I had for my company car was enough for equipping it with leather or sunroof, but I preferred the DSG :cool:

i doubt your build week is ocrrect though. i am told the factory close for 2 weeks over christmas so wk 51 builds will not happen until 2009. i could be wrong but that is what i was told .

I was told week 51. Perhaps the factory that makes the right-hand driven cars (yours) is a different one that the factory that makes the left-hand driven cars (mine) :confused:

Anyway, I think the only way we have to guess the truth is waiting until January :D

Just to bring the thread back on track after the "spanners v butter" debate, if I placed an order for a manual 170 elegance now when can i realistically expect delivery?

Given that the factory will certainly close over Christmas, I would say 14 weeks is probably a good guesstimate.

If you ordered today, you'll be taking delivery on Valentines day.....ahhhh :D

(That will still be before Jonathan gets his 'silky smooth, but oh so late', petrol engine.....Sorry, I just couldn't resist ;))

Bagpuss.

Given that the factory will certainly close over Christmas, I would say 14 weeks is probably a good guesstimate.

If you ordered today, you'll be taking delivery on Valentines day.....ahhhh :D

(That will still be before Jonathan gets his 'silky smooth, but oh so late', petrol engine.....Sorry, I just couldn't resist ;))

Bagpuss.

Better than anything the mrs would provide...:rolleyes: