Lorryists have no sense of humour

Loz

my dad is a wagon driver and has been for about 25 years now. always been a huge fan of top gear until now. nah not really he loved it on sunday:D thought it was pretty funny. he thought jeremy clarksons admission of 'this is actually really quite hard' was good

I read the mail online, have you not got over it yet? You must lead quite a sad and pathetic life :)

It is the point of people complaining about Top Gear that I'm showing, I couldn't give a flying f*ck what you think of what I read. I'm sure I have pointed this out before ;)

Thankyou Please

BTT

Edited by Loz
I can edit my own posts thanks ;)

Bl**dy h*ll - when will people learn to take a joke and not complain about it because they see themselves as some sort of picked on minority??

Exactly. It was blatently meant to be a joke, not aimed at someone in particular or trying to make it sound like fact. Everyone knows what Jezza's like, if they don't like him, they shouldn't watch it! I'm not going to go round thinking 'ooh watch that lorry driver, they might murder me!' well, only the odd dodgy looking one at 4am! But thats another story! lol

And it makes you wonder how many more so called complaints will be made now the comments have been in the media. No doubt 200 or so complained after actually watching it on TV but several hundred or thousand more will complain even though they didnt watch the programme.

Pretty much like what happened with Brand/Ross, more people complained just for the sake of it, they didnt listen to the show but felt they would do their bit.

Steve

a good war? how dare you say something as un-pc as that! lol. what this country needs is for every journalist that reports on crap to be shot. seriously. bird flu, yeah that was a worrying time. everything gets blown out of proportion. why? to sell papers. we live in a very funny coutry with a very warped sense of humour, its what we do. (good test of britishness)a man falls over in the street carrying a big cake. if you dont go 'whey' then get out! lol.

What this country needs is a good war.

Err, what are our troops doing in Iraq and Afganistan :(

Err, what are our troops doing in Iraq and Afganistan :(

a) Thats not a war in or about this country

B) I think you have just proved the whole point of this thread. People take everything to heart. I'm guessing that was a tongue in cheek type remark meaning something needs to be done to stop the lunacy in this county.

Exactly. It was blatently meant to be a joke, not aimed at someone in particular or trying to make it sound like fact. Everyone knows what Jezza's like, if they don't like him, they shouldn't watch it! I'm not going to go round thinking 'ooh watch that lorry driver, they might murder me!' well, only the odd dodgy looking one at 4am! But thats another story! lol

If you want an alternative viewpoint have a look on the Aussie "Herald Sun" website, comments section. Personally, I've no problem with people complaining. Just as I've no problem with people being religious. It's their opinion or belief. Just so long as they don't try to stuff my face in it.

Readers' Comments: Top Gear star in truckie murder slur - Herald Sun

See comment from McTruckie of Melb :)

J.

Clarkson is quite shrewd and knows by making comments like this that he is gonna upset the odd person enough that the press will print it and gets free publicity for the show. Certainly cheaper than placing an ad in the paper.;-)

Clarkson is quite shrewd and knows by making comments like this that he is gonna upset the odd person enough that the press will print it and gets free publicity for the show. Certainly cheaper than placing an ad in the paper.;-)

Thats pretty much the nail on the head IMO.

Also one thing to note is that old Jezza was also saying how hard a job it actually is while he was trying to get up and down the gear box in one section of the show. :)

It's Clarkson, what do people expect? I'd still vote for him as PM :D

A statement from the RHA

Top Gear, Sunday 2 November - RHA response — Road Haulage Association

Muppets.

This country has lost its way, its sense of humour, and it's identity.

Agreed; all that shows is that the RHA are completely out of touch with truck drivers, and increasingly with bosses who have fleets under 100 vehicles!