Fabia VRS Vs Skoda Customer Service

Littlebull

Ok as an experienced Customer Service professional I have my own opinion how I want to be treated as a customer however I would like to know other peoples opinions of the Fabia VRS to that of Skoda (Dealerships) and Skoda in general in the UK

SO... it goes like this I would like you to rate both of them out of 10.

1 being absolutely dissapointed ! and 10 being Over the moon with joy !

OK here goes for me

1) Fabia VRS 9/10 :D

2) Skoda Customer service/After care 1/10 :finger:

Please reply to say what you think I would really like to know everybodys opinions on this subject.

My car is only going in for its first service (of mine) this weekend, so can't really comment on Dealership customer service, and have never had to deal with the Skoda UK offices, so can't really comment on that either, but it MIGHT be useful if you actually gave some kind of reason for your dissatisfaction.

Fair enough you clearly don't like them, but no point in giving some meaningless score out of 10 based on your experiences without any explanation/comments to back up why you gave it. And no, I have NO affiliations with Skoda apart from the fact I drive a Fabia vRS that has never given me any trouble.

For this reason I'm a little surprised you score the vRS 9/10 and yet clearly something must have gone wrong with a Skoda of yours to warrant contacting Skoda and then not getting the customer satisfaction you feel you deserve. Not a dig at all, just curious about your situation.

Skoda Fabia vRS 9/10 tis the best car I have owned by far, has the power and the economy I want when I need it!

Skoda Customer Service 8/10 Not had a problem with my Skoda Dealer service wise my only quibble is the cost but thats what you get from a proper dealer.

I have NO affiliations with Skoda apart from the fact I drive a Fabia vRS that has never given me any trouble.

Are you a Politician by any chance ? :confused:

This thread is to see what people think of the whole picture in a nutshell. ;) I dont have to give my reason's but I'll say this. Did you notice the word was plural (Reason's). As for the above youre just lucky but when things have gone wrong with my poor Fabia you would expect things putting right wouldnt you.

I hope I have answered youre question in that statement.

Now I appreciate your (opinion) but please give an opinion instead of answering a question by asking another !!! ;)

Skoda Fabia VRS 8/10

Skoda Service 4/10 in the UK!!

Skoda Service in Italy 10/10!!!

Got some bad experience up in BHX, Brake failure on a new Fabia (51 Reg), intermittently and there never took me serious!! (just imagine that happend on the motorway when one need the brakes)

In Italy at happened again, went there to skoda, left the car for two days and guess what- there found a build in failure in the main brake cylinder unit and changed the hole lot ; from then the problem was fixed!! :thumbup:

Are you a Politician by any chance ? :confused:

This thread is to see what people think of the whole picture in a nutshell. ;) I dont have to give my reason's but I'll say this. Did you notice the word was plural (Reason's). As for the above youre just lucky but when things have gone wrong with my poor Fabia you would expect things putting right wouldnt you.

I hope I have answered youre question in that statement.

Now I appreciate your (opinion) but please give an opinion instead of answering a question by asking another !!! ;)

anger management - Google Search

Not a politician, just someone with a little common sense! If you've had multiple problems with your Fabia requiring the PLURAL version of "reason" (though apostrophe clearly not required ;)), then I don't see why you'd rate the car a 9/10.

So no you haven't answered my question and this scoring system is therefore still pointless. But if that's what you want.

Fabia: 10/10 (no problems)

Service: 10/10 (never used because no problems)

Fabia UK: 10/10 (never contacted because no problems)

Does the above make sense?

Yes I'm angry and I've just been to Derek Slack Skoda in Middlesbrough (10/10 for them) and they have done a VAS fault code search and confirmed my suspicion of my local (Crap dealer)

DM Keath Skoda (Whole of West Yorkshire).

They were have supposed to have repaired numerous faults and they haven't and never have I would never recommend anybody go to this dealer as they just completely waste your time and energy.

IMHO id rather travel 80 miles to the dealership in Middlesbrough as I have every confidence that they can actually repair a vehicle. Not only that but they actually treat you as a human being and have excellent communication skills unlike my local dealer (Far from it) as they do call you to let you know your car is ready and then slam a bill on you WHEN THE CAR IS SUPPOSED TO BE UNDER WARRANTY !

Do yourself a favour stay well clear of DM Keith Skoda !

Edited by Littlebull

So you went to Fiat sharky? Their terrible dealers were the reason why i came back to Skoda.

lol... their dealers do have a worse reputation than skoda dealers, (I do of course know of the problems you had ) but mine is an absolute gem, best car dealer I've ever come accross, from any make.... just goes to show, it may just be the individual dealer rather than the car make in general...

small family owned business. plus (suprisingly) the fiat has been more reliable than my vRS was...... 64,500 miles now, and warrenty work I've had so far consists of:

1) new door handle

2) new drop links

3) new rear nearside wheel bearing.

thats it! my skoda had had a new gearbox, driveshafts, mounting frame, before it had reached 40k. And SUK wouldn't honour their warrenty and replace my console bushes... had I not been using the car for my business, I'd have taken them to the small claims court to get my money back for the replacements! my fiat garage will replace any bushes, no questions asked, as long as it is still in their 2 year UNLIMITED mileage warrenty (which you get five years of if you buy one now!) my skoda also had a two year UNLIMITED mileage warrenty, but SUK seem to thunk the word "unlimited" means 60,000 miles, and told me on the phone that I could only expect my suspension to last 60k , and they would do noting about it, and nothing about it if anything else went wrong, I had a big rant at them about how an unlimited mileage warrenty is useless if you are going to quote "wear and tear" hhhmmm , over 60k in the fiat, and my suspention is fine (when the drop links went, they were replaced under warrenty) funnily enough, my gearbox is fine too :thumbup:

Yeah its all luck of the draw isn't it, like you i loved the car, great fun car, just the dealers were useless, 9 times to get an EGR valve replaced..... anyhooo i think we may have hijacked this gents thread.

the after care service is hilarious!!!

The guys at my local cant even park in my drive without hittin the f'in wall!!!

They then take four goes to straighten the wheel, tell me they have done tracking then i found out the havent even bothered there ****.

TBH the only thing i get done at the dealers is servicing. Any tweaks i got to VAG pro's.

• 3 months later...
Ok as an experienced Customer Service professional I have my own opinion how I want to be treated as a customer however I would like to know other peoples opinions of the Fabia VRS to that of Skoda (Dealerships) and Skoda in general in the UK

SO... it goes like this I would like you to rate both of them out of 10.

1 being absolutely dissapointed ! and 10 being Over the moon with joy !

OK here goes for me

1) Fabia VRS 9/10 :D

2) Skoda Customer service/After care 1/10 :finger:

Please reply to say what you think I would really like to know everybodys opinions on this subject.

Hello,

My View Only :-

1) Fabia VRS 9/10

2) Skoda Customer Service Knowledge of vehicle 3/10

3) Failure to know gearbox oil grade and type, recommended wrongly on both.

10/03/2009 Ian.

SkoDave:

Given your location, when you do come to get the car serviced, be very careful.

Kings Heath - they leave the car parked on the pub car park, they don't wash it, don't fix half the issues you raise, cost was ok and I got the remainder of the oil. Kept my handbook by mistake but did drop it to my home.

Worcester - I bought it here, has been in for grinding rear brakes (no effect and its normal.....), BLT stutter (very short lived effect), rattley clutch when pressed in (its normal), crap aircon where it mists up after use in wet weather (its normal........)

Coventry - Cheap service, expensive parts. Stutter fixed under warranty! Clutch needs strip down but can't state if its warranty or not (car is two years old!) air con problem is normal, fixed aerial under warranty, ignored the rattle behind the front grill, said it did not exist! The small spots of alloy corrosion don't exist either, nor does the watermark on the rear door card. Service book incorrectly completed.

Take you pick mate - maybe try the place in Halesowen? I aint been there yet. Let me know how you get on!

Skoda UK no help at all. Lip service and no support.

Car 8/10 - mists up the day after wet weather air con use, seems to hold water in the vent system somewhere, pollen filter changed

Dealers 5/10

Skoda UK 3/10

Just glad I am handy with spanners for when the warranty expires.

I really do hope that Skoda read this stuff.......................

Here's my story so far,

Had my vRS in at DM Keith (Ossett) on Monday of this week appointment was made last Thursday with their service dept for 40k service and cam belt etc (see my post on this), they were willing to haggle on price which was good.

Dropped the car in on Monday at 7.30am, Sam in service was waiting for me with keys to a Fabia II for me to use for the day, plenty of fuel in it, car was very clean and tidy, as I drove away my car was being driven into the workshop.

Was called at 10.30 to advise that the bump stops and console bushes all needed replacing but warranty had agreed to cover parts and labour, also mentioned an advisory on front pads and disks that they were 40% worn but would last another 12 months, and that 3 of my 4 tyres were 2mm on tread (new this already), once again were willing to haggle on cost of replacing tyres (eventually settled on Goodyear Eagle F1's for £90 a piece inc valves, fitting, balancing and disposal).

Was called at 5.00pm to say every thing had been done and car was ready for collection, on arrival car had been washed, vacuumed and had a nice smelly Skoda air freshener in it (and a 1ltr bottle of Oil and a 1ltr bottle of screen wash).

Total cost, just under £930, and managed to blag a touch up paint thingy.

Have to say I was extreamly pleased with the service from start to finish, expensive ? perhaps, but the parts have a 2 year warranty, the book is stamped so thats always good for the future.

So my scores -

vRS 9/10

Dealer 9/10

Cheers,

Alan.

Here's my story so far,

Had my vRS in at DM Keith (Ossett) on Monday of this week appointment was made last Thursday with their service dept for 40k service and cam belt etc (see my post on this), they were willing to haggle on price which was good.

Dropped the car in on Monday at 7.30am, Sam in service was waiting for me with keys to a Fabia II for me to use for the day, plenty of fuel in it, car was very clean and tidy, as I drove away my car was being driven into the workshop.

Was called at 10.30 to advise that the bump stops and console bushes all needed replacing but warranty had agreed to cover parts and labour, also mentioned an advisory on front pads and disks that they were 40% worn but would last another 12 months, and that 3 of my 4 tyres were 2mm on tread (new this already), once again were willing to haggle on cost of replacing tyres (eventually settled on Goodyear Eagle F1's for £90 a piece inc valves, fitting, balancing and disposal).

Was called at 5.00pm to say every thing had been done and car was ready for collection, on arrival car had been washed, vacuumed and had a nice smelly Skoda air freshener in it (and a 1ltr bottle of Oil and a 1ltr bottle of screen wash).

Total cost, just under £930, and managed to blag a touch up paint thingy.

Have to say I was extreamly pleased with the service from start to finish, expensive ? perhaps, but the parts have a 2 year warranty, the book is stamped so thats always good for the future.

So my scores -

vRS 9/10

Dealer 9/10

Cheers,

Alan.

Nice review.

It would be good if you could add it to the Reviews section on here - Reviews - Reviews at BRISKODA.net - BRISKODA - The Skoda Forums