Stage 3 advice PLEASE!

Hi guys...

Ok I want to get my Furby up to the standard where the big boys play. Around the 250BHP mark will suffice.

Everything is standard apart from the list below

Ive got this done so far

• PD160 intake + Green panel filter
  • Sachs Organic clutch
  • Jabba ARB
  • Lowered on KW V1 coilovers
  • 312mm brake upgrade
  • Currently remapped
  • 17" spiders (white ill have you know)
  • Cupra splitter

I think I need a Hybrid turbo, FMIC, Exhaust system, SMF, LSD and possibly larger injectors.

OH.... one other thing. How can some people that tune their Furbys get up to 140 150mph. Do some of the Furbys have different gear boxes or something?????? Im very confused on this one. Mines a 05 REG if that helps anybody explain it to me.

Your honest open opinion is very welcome on this matter as I trust you guys more than SWMBO but dont tell her that lol :D:thumbup:

Edited by Littlebull

Hi guys...

Ok I want to get my Furby up to the standard where the big boys play. Around the 250BHP mark will suffice.

Everything is standard apart from the list below

Ive got this done so far

• PD160 intake + Green panel filter
  • Sachs Organic clutch
  • Jabba ARB
  • Lowered on KW V1 coilovers
  • 312mm brake upgrade
  • Currently remapped
  • 17" spiders (white ill have you know)
  • Cupra splitter

I think I need a Hybrid turbo, FMIC, Exhaust system, SMF, LSD and possibly larger injectors.

OH.... one other thing. How can some people that tune their Furbys get up to 140 150mph. Do some of the Furbys have different gear boxes or something?????? Im very confused on this one. Mines a 05 REG if that helps anybody explain it to me.

Your honest open opinion is very welcome on this matter as I trust you guys more than SWMBO but dont tell her that lol :D:thumbup:

Tbh i wouldnt bother

i aint got time to explain right now lol but ill come back later on :thumbup:

This is the spec your after? -

http://briskoda.net/skodas-sale/highly-tuned-fabia-vrs-sale/125655/

How much do you have to spend :o

EDIT: This answers my question

You just havent driven the right Fabia VRS yet thats all I can say lol.

Devonutopias is a perfectly fine example of Diesel performance plus Shiftys old car.

Seriously mate the Furby VRS is an underdog car that can give M3s a run for their money when they are tuned well hence Im chucking another 4k at mine just to see the M3 drivers face go

the intercooler you require isn't just available off the shelf either,speak to pro alloy for a custom number,injectors are a must for this power and a water meth injection system wouldn't hurt either,i can highly recomend the spec stage 3+ clutch and billet 4kg flywheel rated at up to 600ft lbs of torque,but with the pound soweak against the $ it will be expensive,mine was £1000 at nearley $2 to the £,my peloquin atb diff is an awesme piece of kit to tho with it fitted you may want to remove any strut braces and jabba arb as handling becomes interesting to say the least.

the intercooler you require isn't just available off the shelf either,speak to pro alloy for a custom number,injectors are a must for this power and a water meth injection system wouldn't hurt either,i can highly recomend the spec stage 3+ clutch and billet 4kg flywheel rated at up to 600ft lbs of torque,but with the pound soweak against the $ it will be expensive,mine was £1000 at nearley $2 to the £,my peloquin atb diff is an awesme piece of kit to tho with it fitted you may want to remove any strut braces and jabba arb as handling becomes interesting to say the least.

I had a Jabba rear ARB, seat (now Forge) front strut brace and a Quaife ATB diff which was very nice :)

Admittedly the ESP helped a bit, would not take it off in the wet .

I had a Jabba rear ARB, seat (now Forge) front strut brace and a Quaife ATB diff which was very nice :)

Admittedly the ESP helped a bit, would not take it off in the wet .

taken all extra bracing off,the arb was causing some fun but not fast oversteer problems that just didn't happen before i put the diff n,when the diff locks up the back just seems to step out

It got a bit more interesting admittedly, with the Quaife powering round the roundabouts is possible, but if you overcooked it it would understeer like hell (as expected) and lifting would cause the back to get rather oversteery.

I must admit without ESP I had a hairy moment (tried on purpose, wet road) which made me realise that 1) I am not good enough :rofl: 2) I was better off leaving the ESP on in those conditions.

The thing is, I will have the estate which handles more predictably for some reason, and I added the Forge rear strut brace as well. I do not know how that car will feel on the limit, as I havent had the pleasure of driving it (yet ;)) but hopefully soon heheeee :D

TBH, its dead money modding cars.

Dont get me wrong, ive spent my fair share, and had lots of fun and memorys doing so.

But to mod a vRS so those sort of figures is a little daft ive decided.

Apon thinking, i was going to tune my fabia up to a hel of a spec, but now Its cheaper to buy a mk5 evo or something, and just insure it for 2000k miles a year.

So Ill be scraping the barrel to get something sood, rather that mod my daily driver that does 50mpg if im good to her, and im doing 60miles a day.

Couldnt afford to run a 30mpg 250bhp Fabia and insure it.

2nd car works out better.

Buy one that's already been monstered, and save yourself a shed load of beer tokens....

Really though, learning how to drive properly is worth an extra 50bhp in ANY car.

my 2p worth (actually it'll cost a bit more than that):

SEAT front brace

Forge FMIC (ask for a quote on an extra large custom one like Dave's old car (shifty)

Ditch the EGR valve, block off the turbo (Allard's pipe with block-off plate)

Turbo Dynamics Stage 2 turbo

Uprated injectors (from apdiesels.com) - buy a set outright and flog your old ones on ebay...

Tuning by Richard Washbrook (Oscarli.com) - he knows his stuff, will map out the CEL from the EGR delete and has identically remapped mine and Mr Grumpy's Skip...Remapping the uprated injectors is tricky, Dave had some probs until Rich sorted him out...

That list should ensure you get some serious quality bhp. You may need to be careful booting it with the DMF still in there....

If you can do the work yourself you'll save quite a bit.

HTH

Bas

I reckon there are a few key points to make, most already mentioned anyway:

* If you drive a(ny) car properly, you can have (more) fun with it/be safer/faster/whatever

* If you mod a car, some of it is 'cheap' for the performance gained. It could be handling etc, or power.

* When you get to 'near double' power levels, the value for money side is well and truly out of the window

* Insurance is always a big factor in the cost, and with the kind of power increases you generally need changed hardware so even when people are not looking to find it in particular, they'll notice.

* Some people just love to tweak and make their cars unique. Devonutopia kinda embodies that attitude, and yes he's also pushed the power up (at tad :rofl:) - Shifty and now Mr Grumpy has gone the more extreme route for all-out performance. Those cars are very unique. Once Lummox is done with the estate, mine will be another unique vehicle in its own right, and there are a few more.

* Modded cars dont tend to sell for a great deal of money vs an unmodded one, as the target market is much smaller.

How you spend your money though, and on what car and/or car improvements, is up to you :D

All good fun though!

Am back now to offer my advice.

Dont get the forge Fmic, Its expensive and small i found.

Get the turbo dynmaics stage 2 garrett, the one based on the gt1749vb, same as what i had

clutch wise you might be ok with the sach one you ahve now, i had the same clutch and it withstood 381lbft nicely,

injectors i wouldnt bother with.

Mine made 248bhp on stealths rollers then we turned it down to 229bhp and it was just as quick.

Quick enough to keep up wiht an m3 but you wont be passing them.

Incidently i had a go in one the other night, my god they are machines!

save your money and buy an m3 :P

We've got Robin's black Fabia vRS in at the moment for an even larger turbo kit which we demo'd on our Octaiva PD130. We'll hit 250 easilly i imagine, possibly a bit more with W/I

The key is getting the right mix of parts.

I emailed you guys please get back to me with the qoutes asap cheers :)

I know modding cars is dead money but I seriously dont want to ever sell my car

1) I love it

2) I've had some great memories with it

3) I love having a Skoda badge been the underdog when a fast car pulls along side.

E.G. M3 drivers or as Topgear refers to them as ****'s that are highly over confident. My Furby is staying with me :) I do intend to buy the new Fabia VRS when it comes out with the Mrs as she has expressed she would like a new car when she gets a job after finishing Uni in May.

Well Ive got the lot what you want and mine makes 220. So if you want anymore then its the snow performance kit.

If you do go ahead expect a black rear end constantly. Just washed mine as was gettin p'd off with getting dirty fingers everytime I opened the boot

We've got Robin's black Fabia vRS in at the moment for an even larger turbo kit which we demo'd on our Octaiva PD130. We'll hit 250 easilly i imagine, possibly a bit more with W/I

The key is getting the right mix of parts.

I have had a ride in said Octavia PD130, it is surprisingly rapid and is a real stealth mobile. :)

SEAT front brace

Forge FMIC (ask for a quote on an extra large custom one like Dave's old car (shifty)

Uprated injectors (from apdiesels.com) - buy a set outright and flog your old ones on ebay...

Tuning by Richard Washbrook (Oscarli.com) - he knows his stuff, will map out the CEL from the EGR delete and has identically remapped mine and Mr Grumpy's Skip...Remapping the uprated injectors is tricky, Dave had some probs until Rich sorted him out...

That list should ensure you get some serious quality bhp. You may need to be careful booting it with the DMF still in there....

HTH

Bas

What Bas said :)

SEAT front brace

HTH

Bas

Mr Washbrook mapped my car too :D Cracking map and really nice bloke too :thumbup: