Need cheap go-faster ideas.

Lofty86

And No Stripes !!!!

Was thinking the Fabia needs a diet, but where can I loose weight, and still use it as a normal 4/5 seater car?

Ill be making my straight through exhaust sood, so will loose the weight of the cat/box and sell the cat (company round me give up to £200 for cats! not 4 legged ones, or 3!).

Thought about perspex windows like I had on my '86 Mini, but a bit dodgy.

I could loose some of the standard audio, or replace it with lighter speakers.

Anyone got any ideas?

Dave

Spare wheel, mats, carpets, head cloth, rear headrests?

Thank you Big Dave, for your proper answer :)

Spare is out already, and mats in the back are out, and rear headrests, however, headrests are in the boot. :rofl:

Anyone else. keep the ideas comming.

Weight redistribution! ;) Battery in the boot! Will improve things without actually losing weight.

The back seats are seriously heavy so unless you carry passengers in the back really often, I would consider removing them and refitting as and when needed. Only takes a couple of minutes. Mine haven't been in mine for a LONG time now. :D

The back seats weigh 28kgs if I remember. As they are currently sitting on the floor behind me. I might put the single back in as it weighs very little and would give me a three seater. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if those 2 rear supporting bits weigh more. I cannot carry the 2/3 one with one hand....

Trouble is I use the back seats.

I thought about recaro reclining seats up front as there lighter, but still adjustable. ??

How easy is it to put the battery in the back? Where did you run the wires?

I presume you just extend the positive to the back, and make a new earth?

Dave

Seems to me you want to save weight, without actually having to do anything hard core ;)

Dont fill your washers up when they run out, have a poo before you go out and dont carry any CD's...

Or if you are serious, take out the rear seats, headlining, mats, carpet, huge amounts of sound deadening, and you could even take a stap at the dash :whistle:

If you take the back seats out of your car, would there be an annoying light that comes on to tell you that your back seats are down?

If you don't work out your fuel economy every fill, only put half a tank full in when you fill up.

Thank you Big Dave, for your proper answer :)

Spare is out already, and mats in the back are out, and rear headrests, however, headrests are in the boot. :rofl:

Anyone else. keep the ideas comming.

Careful about the spare by law if you are driving on the motorway you MUST have by law a spare wheel with tyre having legal tread.

If you dont it amounts to 3 penalty points and a £60 fine if caught. Just letting you know mate.

If you take the back seats out of your car, would there be an annoying light that comes on to tell you that your back seats are down?

If you don't work out your fuel economy every fill, only put half a tank full in when you fill up.

The light goes out after about 10 seconds.

Remove

• audio equipment, speakers etc

• floor mats

• sun visors

• grab handles

• parcel shelf

• boot carpet

• boot/tailgate plastics

• rear centre seat belt and clip

• front fog lights

• cigarette lighter

• debadge

• de bump strip

Replace

• bonnet with carbon one

• electric windows with wind down handles

• electric mirrors with normal ones

• RCL motors

• glass with perspex

• front seats with lighter race seats

• standard wheels for light weight wheels, cutting unsprung weight is a winner, tyres will also vary in weight

• Standard exhaust with lighter aftermarket one

You

• go on a diet

• wear lighter clothing

• leave your coat at home

• don't wear socks

• cut your hair

• shave

• go to the little boys room before making a journey

HTH