Briskoda Super Rally Day 12th July

oil

Is there a list of which of the site partners will be there?

I've seen Lummox mention a Unit 18 trade stand but thats about it so far.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ofcourse, she is always clean.............:thumbup:

You are joking aren't you smstext? I don't know of any show and shine that doesn't allow people to get their cars looking good on site as that's part of the fun, besides it's a little harsh on those people travelling from miles away?

no im not joking, i actually think it will be fair to all. It is after all a briskoda meet not a car wash event :P

no im not joking, i actually think it will be fair to all. It is after all a briskoda meet not a car wash event :P

OK, well I think I will just back down on this one and let you have your opinion then, your right it's not a 'car wash event' and I don't think it was ever meant to be?

The Mods have tried to bring some fun into the day and offer something that is common at all shows........

Don't think it matters if people clean their cars on the day or not. It's their choice if they want to do that. If you can't be bothered then don't.

To me it seems silly to not let people do some touching up on the day in a show and shine contest even if it is just a bit of fun... like I say mine will be there for a laugh and probably proudly displaying the splatered bugs, road filth and rust! hehe

Phil

I don't know of any show and shine that doesn't allow people to get their cars looking good on site as that's part of the fun

If I add it all up, I've probably spent 15 - 20 hrs on my car over the last few weeks, so I'm looking forward to showing it off on the day.

Can you give us a few tips please Simon on what people usually do at shows?

Is it just a case of bringing some Megs Last Touch or Quik Detailer and a couple of microfibres, or does it get more extreme?

:)I've been so rediculously busy recently I've not got round to buying tickets so I'll have to pay full price when I get there! Not the end of the world.

Would it cause a problem if I were to take two cars? I might do a mini convoy with a mate of mine. Hope the weather's good as one of them would be my Skoda kitcar buggy that has no roof or windows! It certainly won't win any kind of "cleanest car" award! :D

If I add it all up, I've probably spent 15 - 20 hrs on my car over the last few weeks, so I'm looking forward to showing it off on the day.

Can you give us a few tips please Simon on what people usually do at shows?

Is it just a case of bringing some Megs Last Touch or Quik Detailer and a couple of microfibres, or does it get more extreme?

Tips, oh, er.......I guess I can...........:D

Most people will pretty much have some sort of Quik Detailer, maybe a wax to go on top and a final spray sealant of some sort but that is the extreme. Others will clean the glass and most will back to black various areas such as the tyres, exterior trim and wheel arches..........all depends on what you have got and how much time you want to spend on it........:o

I don't think I will bother with the show & shine tbh, onn the basis that it weould be seen improper for a mod to win :P:rofl:

Maybe you and Baker21 should judge it then :thumbup:

Of all the excuses I have heard in my time! :P

Im positive there will be A LOT of pictures floating around afterwards!

Shame some of you european members can't make it... an international meet... Maybe that's next to plan :o:D

If you want to do it in Madrid / Toledo let me know, I can arrange something.

what time you thinking of passing, just so I can maybe join a convoy and where is the best place to meet??

I dont know the area well, so I can meet you where you'll be based. nuneatons only a few miles up the road :)

I'll be using my satnav I guess!

:)I've been so rediculously busy recently I've not got round to buying tickets so I'll have to pay full price when I get there! Not the end of the world.

Would it cause a problem if I were to take two cars? I might do a mini convoy with a mate of mine. Hope the weather's good as one of them would be my Skoda kitcar buggy that has no roof or windows! It certainly won't win any kind of "cleanest car" award! :D

Dave if you can get two motors to Gaydon on your own then no problem - even with some help it is not a problem - just add to the ever growing list.

John

Maybe you and Baker21 should judge it then :thumbup:

Thanks for that :rolleyes:, I will be packing my white cotton gloves, cotton bud swabs and retractable mirrors then, I don't expect to find any dust in air intakes, soot for at least a foot up the exhaust pipe, or any dirt in tyre treads..............

Important Information.

To make everything absolutely clear

Only current Forum Partners have been invited to this meet at Gaydon.

Anyone else who arrives claiming they have permission to be there for trade purposes or anyone who is found to be trading or seeking to introduce themselves will be asked to leave the Gaydon meeting immediately.

We trust that everyone will co-operate to make this a successful event for Briskoda and our Partners.

The Briskoda Team