It was all going to well!

Jmii

It was shaping up to be a cracking weekend, got a pay raise plus full time hours, and even found a tenner over the weekend. Then it all went to **** i got side swiped in my fabia =(

Driving down the road 20 past some road works cleared that so started to speed up to 30 then BANG! I was hit. Some knob didn't give way at all, not even slow down at his junction. It wasn't one of them junctions where u can read the road ahead. The houses are built right up to the corner so u have no choice to stop and look.

So anyway he hit me full on the side which then sent me at an angle into a parked car. Thank god it was only a parked car! so I jump out of my car in shock go to make sure the guy that hit me was ok. He had a **** Fix It Again Tony/Tomorow Punto, he said "yeah mate just let me pull the car over off the road". u see his car wasnt starting so i was like yeah il move mine as I was now blocking the whole single lane road. Well the knob got his car started then sped off! so i backed up and tired to follow but there was loads of people that had come out to see what was going on getting in my way. Well he flew the wrong way down a one way street at this point I noticed my brakes were not to good and my leg was shaking like a bit(h from the shock! So i went back round the block and returned to the scene. I know i should'nt have left I just wanted his reg!

Turned out some by stander got his reg =) so with a lil luck i wont get to fu*ked on the insurance (please god)

Just by luck a cop and a p.c.s.o was walking past 10 mins after it happened so they took all witness details and mine and swicthed my details with the park car owner I hit. I havent called it into my insurance yet didnt get in till 10 pm =( but got police ref number with times and stuff it happened around 3:30pm. I'll call it in first thing tomorrow.

Rang up skoda recovery and they brought my car back to my house.

I only had the Fabia just over 3 months lol I had a bora which got written off.Almost the same way not my fault either but that time the driver did not try to speed off!

so the knober hit and run guy was driving a sky blue Fait punto reg SG51 WYK driver was young 20's so if u see him tryying to get his car fixed do me a fav and stick his head under ur wheel and do the maddest wheel spin ever if u put it on youtube il buy u a new set of tyres.

Well early on this month I was asking if it was worth me modding my comfort up to standard vRS bhp. everyone was like just get a vrs looks like I might be able to now. But my MAX budget is 5G not even sure I can get that together tbh

I'll try add 2 pics on my car =) I didnt even get to take any pics of it b4 it was hit =(

27708.attach

27709.attach

Glad your Ok that's the main thing. Reason he took off, his car is not insured. If they catch the scroat he will be banned, and hit hard with fines and points (and lots of them).

Not that my car is a write off yet I couldn't help but look and see whats out there.

Found a nice vRS only 4 miles from me from a dealer SKODA Fabia 1.9 TDi PD 130 vRS- Auto Trader UKHas done over double my mileage mine was at 32,000 but this one is 2 years younger =)

what u guys think?

Looks quite tidy and you cant argue with the price, so much car for your money imo!

i believe that if you take legal advice there is an uninsured drivers fund that all insurance companies pay into, or there used to be..... an ex of mine got her car paid for and a whiplash claim out of it but they caught the lad that hit her

Motor Insurers bureau may be able to help recover your uninsured losses where the other driver was uninsured (assuming you have that level of cover on your policy); but it's still a real ballache...

I bet it isn't registered to him either. I HATE scumbags like that - it's why I do what I do...

Hope you're okay, and remember, at least it was only the car that got hurt!

Firstly sorry this happened, what a mare.

If the vehicle that swiped you is taxed to a person that actually exists, the cops will do a 172 to the registered keeper, who will have to ID the driver at the time or be prosecuted for failing to identify the driver. If the driver at the time is ID'd, then he will be prosecuted for leaving the scene of an accident, failing to notify an accident, and either careless or dangerous driving, and potentially driving with no insurance. I'm not knocking the cops, but if it's a normal bobby he will be rushed off his feet with work and stressed to the eyeballs, and RTA's are not considered that important. You may have to ring the bobby a few times to make sure he deals with it within the 6 months limit (though he might be well organised and already have started).

The insurance side - your insurer will deal the damage to your car. If the driver is identified they will recover any losses from the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) together with any uninsured losses (ie your injuries and excess) and your NCB should not be affected.

If the driver is unidentified, I'm afraid you won't get a penny back other than for any injuries you suffered, and your NCB will be affected (it's a few years since I did anything like this someone correct me if this is wrong).

And if you were injured nip to the doctors and get it registered, get some anti-inflammatories. It just helps if you do make an injury claim that it was reported at the time. You should do it within 48hrs but better late than never.

Lastly get ready for a bit of a wait, the cops have 6 months to prosecute the driver of the other vehicle, and from my experience MIB cases take a notoriously long time (again anyone with more up to date info can correct me on that one).

Sorry yeah it happen in east London near the old Chingford dog track, just of the A406

the name of the road was Frankland road E4 area

been onto my insurance the women sounded like a robot like she was reading a script and said unless the hit and run guy admits hitting me, I'm paying for it!

So he run from the scene even if they did track him down unless he says its his fault I still have to pay! GRRR times like this where I wish I was allowed to put 1G aside every year for my own insurance. I went well over 7 years was 1 month from 8 years = | with out any claims. But have been hit twice within 4 months.

Gotta say thanks for all the advice here, I'll get onto the MIB (Men In Black?) ...sorry I have to joke or I will cry = |

that's also a really cool site about finding out if the other car is insured and taxed.

Found another nice vrs 21 miles away 69k miles selling for 4,500squid no mention of a new cambelt tho how much would that be? its a private seller so probs a few other problems. Any tips on stuff I should be looking out for when viewing the car, I'm not to wise on the car stuff, thank god I got you guys to bug! =)

Sorry yeah it happen in east London near the old Chingford dog track, just of the A406

been onto my insurance the women sounded like a robot like she was reading a script and said unless the hit and run guy admits hitting me, I'm paying for it!

So he run from the scene even if they did track him down unless he says its his fault I still have to pay! GRRR times like this where I wish I was allowed to put 1G aside every year for my own insurance. I went well over 7 years was 1 month from 8 years = | with out any claims. But have been hit twice within 4 months.

Gotta say thanks for all the advice here, I'll get onto the MIB (Men In Black?) ...sorry I have to joke or I will cry = |

that's also a really cool site about finding out if the other car is insured and taxed.

Found another nice vrs 21 miles away 69k miles selling for 4,500squid no mention of a new cambelt tho how much would that be? its a private seller so probs a few other problems. Any tips on stuff I should be looking out for when viewing the car, I'm not to wise on the car stuff, thank god I got you guys to bug! =)

did you get a name of the bystander who took the reg plate number? as they are an independant witness and even if he says he wasn't the one who did it! if they say he did and drove off then hes screwed!!

That's my neck of the woods so I'll keep an eye out. I feel for you – it's 5hite when that happens. If he gets caught he should be banned for at least 10 years. Might make people think a bit harder before they drive like a tw*t :mad:

Its a shame that some people drive like idiots and don't insure themselves, effectively making it more expensive for the rest of us.

The fact that he drove off is inexcusable, I would query whether admittance of fault would still be the case if he is taken to court for hit and run, but thats from an outside perspective, I have no idea actually how these processes work, but it would make sense.

It was shaping up to be a cracking weekend, got a pay raise plus full time hours, and even found a tenner over the weekend. Then it all went to **** i got side swiped in my fabia =(

Driving down the road 20 past some road works cleared that so started to speed up to 30 then BANG! I was hit. Some knob didn't give way at all, not even slow down at his junction. It wasn't one of them junctions where u can read the road ahead. The houses are built right up to the corner so u have no choice to stop and look.

So anyway he hit me full on the side which then sent me at an angle into a parked car. Thank god it was only a parked car! so I jump out of my car in shock go to make sure the guy that hit me was ok. He had a **** Fix It Again Tony/Tomorow Punto, he said "yeah mate just let me pull the car over off the road". u see his car wasnt starting so i was like yeah il move mine as I was now blocking the whole single lane road. Well the knob got his car started then sped off! so i backed up and tired to follow but there was loads of people that had come out to see what was going on getting in my way. Well he flew the wrong way down a one way street at this point I noticed my brakes were not to good and my leg was shaking like a bit(h from the shock! So i went back round the block and returned to the scene. I know i should'nt have left I just wanted his reg!

Turned out some by stander got his reg =) so with a lil luck i wont get to fu*ked on the insurance (please god)

Just by luck a cop and a p.c.s.o was walking past 10 mins after it happened so they took all witness details and mine and swicthed my details with the park car owner I hit. I havent called it into my insurance yet didnt get in till 10 pm =( but got police ref number with times and stuff it happened around 3:30pm. I'll call it in first thing tomorrow.

Rang up skoda recovery and they brought my car back to my house.

I only had the Fabia just over 3 months lol I had a bora which got written off.Almost the same way not my fault either but that time the driver did not try to speed off!

so the knober hit and run guy was driving a sky blue Fait punto reg SG51 WYK driver was young 20's so if u see him tryying to get his car fixed do me a fav and stick his head under ur wheel and do the maddest wheel spin ever if u put it on youtube il buy u a new set of tyres.

Well early on this month I was asking if it was worth me modding my comfort up to standard vRS bhp. everyone was like just get a vrs looks like I might be able to now. But my MAX budget is 5G not even sure I can get that together tbh

I'll try add 2 pics on my car =) I didnt even get to take any pics of it b4 it was hit =(

It's because you didn't hand the £10 to the police as lost property ;)

Serious point you give your insurance company his reg place. Also contact the police on it.

Glad your Ok that's the main thing. Reason he took off, his car is not insured. If they catch the scroat he will be banned, and hit hard with fines and points (and lots of them).

That would be excellent punishment. However, it doesn't work like that in most cases involving these lowlives.

Banning is a waste of time. They just drive anyway.

Fines? In many cases they have little dosh (that's one reason they're not insured, remember) so a fine is irrelevant. Community service doesn't work either.

Scum such as this will be driving at the first opportunity in some banger borrowed from a like type or bought at market for a couple of hundred with a few months remaining of tax and Mot. I've knowledge of these people and the law doesn't matter a f**k to them. Even if it did, when it comes to getting insured the premium is so astronomical they can't afford it anyway, so you're back to square one. That's the problem facing the good guys. And there's no solution/deterrent on the horizon to overcome this.

Just X your fingers you avoid them.

Edited by ming

The guy is a c***, glad your ok and you'll get a VRS for under 5G

You'll either get and older one 53 plate with resonable miles or younger with higher miles I paid £4500 for mine 53 plate 53000 in January

I got hit by an uninsured driver a few years back, I got totaly screwed for it, I got his name address etc, but he had just bought the car, so was still registered in old name. I tried to call the police none emergency joke line but gave up after 20 mins of ringing, eventually got them to come to my house in the end after i got home, i gave them all the details of the driver, but i don't think they ever found him and when i called the police to get an update they said they couldn't release details of it to me due to the data protections act (slightly worring they don't understand their own act).

anyway got my insurance company involved who eventually after a couple of months sent someone to the address, only the used the registered keepers address not the address i was given, anyway after nearly 8 months they said that they couldn't recover the costs from him and said that was case closed, I asked about the uninsured drivers fund but refused to try and claim from it.

insurance company was church hill, the cost of the insurance after renewal was so high i had to get rid of the car which i had only owned for just under a year!

sorry i don't have any better news for you, but i would be very supprised if you get your money back.

I can't tell you how much i would love to go and find him and take a baseball bat with me, what the point of baning un insured drivers, I genuinly think that a system should be put in place where people can take their own punishment out on people like this. I may not get my money back but it may give them something to think about before doing it again,

Tom

Probably worth mentioning that most insurance companies offer protection for un-insured driver incidents. Costs about £15 IIRC, which is still money out of honest Joes pocket to pay for scum bags, but better than relying on luck, and the joke justice system.

Incidents like this are likely to increase in the current economic climate.

New law needed, rather than just crush the car, crush it with the scum bag inside, and crush it really slowly, over say a month.

It is exactly things like this happening to honest people, that make you lose faith in both the government and the police of this country. :(

This country is a soft touch and criminals know it, sadly though we foot the bill for this as we pay higher insurance premiums so scum like this can get away with flouting the law. :mad:

I hope you corner this scumbag down a dark street one night and you get some real justice. :thumbup: