No engine mods for new LV Customers???

Just got off the phone with LV after getting a quote for insurance , and they tell me that for new customers they are no longer accepting any modifications that will improve engine performance.

This matches what they say on their website about standard cars only

Bodywork , wheels , suspension etc are all fair game (at a cost) but they don't want people going any quicker than they do as standard it would appear.

He said that existing customers will still be offered cover but prices may well increase.

Unless I can find another cheap insurer that don't mind mods and high mileages in the next few days then it looks like no remap for me and back to DL.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a quote from Adrian Flux via the web and they got back to me in two days they just wanted to know the BHP increase. Went with LV about 3 months ago not had it chipped yet was waiting for my 10000 mile service.

Hmmm - my renewal with LV is in December - I tell you what if my premium is any more than they predicted after my claim in January, I'm gonna be forced to look elsewhere and maybe return my car quite a lot back to standard! :(

If they are anything like DL who I'm with at the mo , existing customers get to continue their policy complete with T&Cs for as long as they carry on renewing however new customers will get the new style policies that in this case prohibit engine mods.

They said this had been introduced in the last couple of months , so anyone taken on as a brand new customer since then may get a nasty surprise if they didn't check what they are allowed to change on their cars before signing up

Yes DL are very good to 'loyal' customers. I suppose thats got it's advantages. I for example get interest free credit with DL and a few other bit's to boot. Modifications are a bit more dodgy as always however the interst free credit savings I have would maybe pay for a mod. My insurance has not actually risen anything this year and went down which was nice.

Twas a brand new policy.

If it turns out the mods arent covered then I'll be needing to cancel. Its a bit wierd though. I alwaqys took a "too good to be true" attitude towards LV's mod policy so I checked several times with them that the mods were covered.

But the young lady I spoke to said they would not allow any increase in engine capacity (does that mean an ECU upgrade is possible?).
Their line used to be - and maybe still is - that any mod other than an increase in engine capacity is OK. So an ECU remap etc is OK.