High mileage Fabias

ScoobyChris

2001 TDI here - the weekend just made it pop over 57K, and its still going well. Cambelt in a few thou' and it'll be as good for another few hundred K's :D No other mechanicals gone yet though, unless you count a MAF?

(oh, and its been tuned up for around 20K of those miles, so shows how good the blocks are. :thumbup: )

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pah! 2001 TDi just ticked over 68k this morning ;) Things which have gone wrong are air con evaporator sensor, clutch pedal snapped, track road arm being worn, and a potentially sticking brake caliper. :( Hopefully it'll go back to being an economical car now :D

Chris

Skoda car can give trouble. The 1.6LX Octy that we have for sale was bought last September with 13.5K on the clock, now has 41K on the clock. In that time the engine give trouble due to a damaged sensor, which was caused by changing the exhaust, so not really Skodas fault. It also had a minor clutch pedal problem and a problem with the altinator, which became noisey, but a drop of lubrication fixed that. The car is showing signs of needing the brakes done now but the engine is sweet. Couple of electrical niggles which I think are common on the Octy. The wipers sometimes do not want to stop when you switch them off, and the central locking goes through periods of randomly locking all by itself.

My vRS has given less trouble (clutch pedal also (for different reason)), but I have done less than 10K in what is just about a year in it, as we have been using the 1.6 as the main family car.

..um 114k in a 51 reg (2002) Fabia TDI (Estate)...

Was working fine until yesterday when the turbo blew :( so it's in garage just now.

It was one of those with the 3-year unlimited mileage warranty - I hear they restrict warranty to 60K miles now - and it's 2 years 11 months old so I'm hoping it's covered!

Actually the battery light on the dashboard failed too - thought it was a bulb but garage reckon it's an electrical fault which may need a new alternator (do these really cost

turbo gone eh? :D My warranty "was" unlimited mileage I think, but it means sod all now as I'm deffo way out of warranty. I also had a turbo replaced, but it didn't blow as such, it was just faulty and was making the car go into limp mode all the while (thankfully at 30k and within warranty :D)

How'd you get that mileage onto the car in such short time? And would you be interested in an identical PD100 engine for it? only 50k to the good. ;):rofl:

(I'm actually keeping it now, so ignore that.)

turbo gone eh? :D My warranty "was" unlimited mileage I think, but it means sod all now as I'm deffo way out of warranty. I also had a turbo replaced, but it didn't blow as such, it was just faulty and was making the car go into limp mode all the while (thankfully at 30k and within warranty :D)
Pretty sure this is actual mechanical failure of turbo rather than a sensor/ engine management fault/ something subtle.

It made some interesting noises when it stopped working! :RIP:

How'd you get that mileage onto the car in such short time?
I live in the wrong place (relative to where I work). 100 mile daily commute, (plus other excursions) soon adds up.

• 3 months later...

My W reg 1.4 petrol had just turned 76K then had a brush with a fence post last month's bad snow so took the opportunity to trade it in for a newer diesel. Still had good build quality, mileage etc so yep 100K would have been no prob.

six years ago we got rid of a 1983 'y' mk1 diesel golf, it had 250,000 miles on the clock. we just could not kill this car off, if anything happen to go wrong it would end up costing no more than about 30 quid to fix.

In the end we just got bored and ended up buying a brand new car. :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...
Mine (1.4 16V comfort X/2000) just passed 60K.....

replacement disks all round' date=' front pads, rollbar, rear shocks, gear selector pin(?)

Total to get roadworthy again - 1,300 quid.

Not terribly impressed.[/quote']

Yikes :eek:

Thats a hefty bill , and includes things I'd not expect to have to replace at that mileage.

Was this a main dealer? Sounds like they might have been trying it on there

I've done 13k in nearly exactly 6 months. I hope to have the car for 5 years, so thats 130k miles. I hope it lasts that long with no major/expensive failures... :fingerscrossed:

I can't see it being a problem mind, for as long as its standard at least.

I wonder what it'll be worth in 5 years time with 130k on the clock? :rubchin:

I suppose by then the boy racers will be able to afford them :finger:

I've done 13k in nearly exactly 6 months. I hope to have the car for 5 years' date=' so thats 130k miles. I hope it lasts that long with no major/expensive failures... :fingerscrossed:

I can't see it being a problem mind, for as long as its standard at least.

I wonder what it'll be worth in 5 years time with 130k on the clock? :rubchin:

I suppose by then the boy racers will be able to afford them :finger:[/quote']

hmm yeah but by then you could be in one of the coolset anti **** skoda's ever! lol :P

30K service. Needed new ARB bushes and a new cv joint. Also had a new engine mount a few months after I bought it. Dealers been great.

Got a faulty heater that ****es me off. Either to cold. Turn it up 1 and its too warm. Always work when it goes the dealer. :mad:

My car is a few weeks short of a yr old and has just ticked past 25k... will need a 30k service by xmas :eek:

Hmmmmmm

almost a year ago, and a coincidence, as im going for my 51k service this saturday, the car will be 2years and 1 day old

I don't know what mine is officially. :rofl: Technically the chassis has done 66000 miles, but I only went past 8000 miles on my way home from work.... I won't dwell on the matter I think and just remain

:confused:

(as always ;))

Mine is a 1.4TDI is two next week and is in for it's 60,000 service as we speak it'll be on 110,000 in time for it's next birthday. Cars great but electrical gremlins are making themselves noticed now. It's gone to the dealer with 59950 miles on so hopefully probs will be sorted by warranty :-))