High mileage Fabias

ScoobyChris

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2001 Fabia with 31,000 but only owned 1 month. 2003 Octavia 1.9 TDI 110BHP with 47,000 (owned by us from new), no problems so far. 2003 Octavia 1.9 TDI 130 BHP owned by local hospital as patient transport has done 170,000 - only problems are 1 wheel bearing (just) and new air flow sensor. I used to own 1959 Morris 1000 which I ran to 250,000 including around 30,000 towing a small caravan. But it wasn't totally original - engines lasted for around 100k, gearboxes 80k, diff 200k, etc.

Recently read an article about a courier Honda VFR800 motorbike (same as mine) which had done 850,000 miles and still going strong apart from a new engine at 450,000 miles. Presumably second engine now nicely run in at 400K!

64k in 2 and a half years. Just replaced the front tyres for the 2nd time and still on original pads and disks :D

Seems to like headlight bulbs tho replaced atleast 3 this year :mad:

Should hit the 100k mark in year. Never kept a car this long or with this amount of miles but I cant see myself selling her!

Worked out my "chassis" has now done 113,640 miles (there or thereabouts) :cool:

Obviously this doesn't "count" for anything. The current powerplant is coming up for 60,000 miles though, which means the mongrel will have done 42,640 miles at that point in time. :cool: Been fun.

• 1 month later...

I just got rid of my petrol 306 with 132k on the clock. I do almost all of my driving on the motorway and I drive very slowly.

The 306 was still mechanically excellent and I'm expecting nothing less from my new 1.9TDi Estate.

With regular oil changing and proper servicing I'm looking at 200k miles and then throwing it away in about 7 years time.

• 1 month later...