Red Scout Pictures

I know it was a while ago, but I seem to remember someone wanting to know what a Scout would look like in flat red.

Just in case you're still interested............

DSC04128.jpg

DSC04127.jpg

DSC04125.jpg

DSC04126.jpg

DSC04152.jpg

I reckon that looks pretty funky! :cool:

Like the revised Octavia lettering on the back too - presume it's the one now used on the facelift model. Might swap to that style....

Steve

Anyone got any photo's of one in white?

I'm thinking white is the new black.

I've seen a black scout in the showroom and it didn't do it for me - could have been too clean though. Red does look pretty reasonable, but silvery grey is probably my favourite for the scout.

edit - now found white picture file.php?id=2843&sid=7816f97101379a8f004f0e8b2416e5e6

and I think it rocks (this week)

Edited by Burnsey
found white picture

I know it was a while ago, but I seem to remember someone wanting to know what a Scout would look like in flat red.

Just in case you're still interested............

'twas me! :thumbup:

Opted for a Storm Blue one in the end, so now I don't know if I should thank you or not as that does look very smart :confused:

Looks like an emergency response vehicle in white, IMO. Mountain rescue? :D

I'd probably opt for a darker colour, likely gunmetal. Largely to reduce the amount of contrast between the mouldings and the body colour. Although the contrast between red and the black mouldings is nice :)

Steve

Looks like an emergency response vehicle in white, IMO. Mountain rescue? :D

Probably why I like it. Makes it stand out as a rugged vehicle. On the others it can look understated. I can also see the white going out of fashion in about a week, so back to gunmetal me thinks

I'm seriously considering a Scout for next year now. That red one is lovely.

I want something that will be capable in muddy/snowy unpaved mountain roads, but still have car-like performance and economy.

Gotta be a petrol though, and have a turbo! So options are limited!

'twas me! :thumbup:

Opted for a Storm Blue one in the end, so now I don't know if I should thank you or not as that does look very smart :confused:

Thanks for putting me out of my misery - I knew someone had requested a pic of a red one, but couldn't remember how long ago it was.

Hope you don't find it too upsetting ! It actually looks like it should have a Fire Brigade crest on the side of it.

• 4 months later...

I've just noticed the new tail lamp clusters and revised lettering on the red 2009 Scout pictured above, yet its not the facelift...

What other (if any) changes are there to the pre-facelift 2009 Scouts?

I have a 2008 Scout with the older tail lights (as per the white Scout above).

As I have a private plate I'm considering swapping to the new tail lights and badging to give my car the 2009 look.

Does anyone know if this will work i.e. are they are straight swap?

Picked up my 2008 Octavia Scout last night, she's a peach!

Its in today for its detachable towbar and Parrot blue tooth / hands free kit.

At the same time I ordered up the new 2009 rear light clusters (£35 + VAT each) and the new Octavia Scout rear badge (£15 + VAT).

My local dealer seemed to think I would need new bulb holders too as they are listed on the system as a change, ordered them up just in case (£11 + VAT each).

Hoping I won't need them as the bulb configuration looks identical to me. I think they've just made the red reflective strip in the middle of the lense clear... fingers crossed they're just plug and play.

When they arrive I'll post some before and after piccys.

Skoda parts are so well priced. I remember paying more than everything listed above just for one rear light lense for my BMW 320d!

Any tips for removing the old badge on the boot lid. I reckon it'll be well stuck down with self adhesive tape I assume. I'm thinking of warming it up with the wife's hair dryer and peeling/prising it off with my fingers!?

Any tips for removing the old badge on the boot lid. I reckon it'll be well stuck down with self adhesive tape I assume. I'm thinking of warming it up with the wife's hair dryer and peeling/prising it off with my fingers!?

Hair dryer is good. Fishing line, dental floss and an old credit card have all been used successfully in the past..!

Both badges, £15 for the pair, you can't argue with that!

I haven't had a chance to have a proper look at one yet but it looks like "OCTAVIA" is seven different badges, one for each letter...

I have a feeling it might be a bit of a nightmare getting them aligned and spaced properly!

No Waiting... I had a good nosey at your Scout at Gaydon... looked ACE!! :thumbup:
'tis even better now I've swapped the "audio" buttons on the MFSW for the "telephone" ones - voice control/dialling is the bees knees :thumbup:

Just fitted my new tail lights, the new badges are on back order so they will have to wait until another day!

Here are some piccy's, 10 minute job max. £82.39 for the pair inc. VAT.

Didn't need the new bulb holders as advised by the dealer, apparantly they are different for the hatch (indicator / reverse bulb configuration) but the same for the estate :thumbup:

If anyone wants the original lights then let me know, if not they're off on eBay!

I'm sure there will be a few of you that prefer the original lamps but I prefer the 2009 look, I think it makes the car look a little newer :)

30166.attach

30167.attach

30168.attach

30169.attach

30170.attach

• 2 months later...