vRS & Scout facelift

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda like the Audi Chav lights and have been looking at ways of integrating them into my MK2 vRS headlight unit. Still a work in progress though :rolleyes:

Hmm wondering if that front end could be put on a MK2 vRS me can see a project looming :D:D

Carl:thumbup:

I think it's great, just a shame it's not the 211hp TSI out the Golf GTI and new Leon FR. Now the emissions are actually higher at 175 CO2's than the Leon at 170 CO2's

Also... this line: Both engines come exclusively with a six-speed manual twin-clutch DSG transmission. Does that mean DSG only? My English isn't as hot at is was when at school.

Wasn't the abbreviation TSI reserved for the new 2.0 l petrol turbo? The old one being marketed as TFSI? Would that mean the Octi gets a 10bhp detuned version of the new engine? Typo? Mix of both?

The current Octy vRS engine is part of the EA888 engine line up, that's why the emissions are only 175, when the original TFSI when released a few years ago was nearer 190. I believe the 211hp version of the EA888 engine has VVT on the intake and exhaust, the 197hp only on the inlet.

Edited by courtster
More research....

I have to say that, whilst I'm fairly neutral about the revised Octavia badging on the facelift, I very much prefer the new VRS emblem. Much better than the current badging which, unless you already know what it signifies, just looks like an amorphous blob! Presumably this will be reflected in the motifs on the seats too?

Looks ok , but im not a fan of new front (not so aggresive i think ) and rear badges (Octavia on right side and VRS on left ) .. like new wheels ... uhmm what else ... i think thats it , but anyway we couldnt expect miracles

Hmm; all very interesting. There is a good selection of photos to be seen here;- Škoda Octavia RS: facelift je tu! | Autofun.cz

Couple of minor detail points;

1. The wheels appear to have a lower offset than Zeniths and thus sit more outboard than before, filling the arches better and not looking like they are hiding.

2. The vRS badge seems to have reverted to the original Octavia/Fabia vRS style.

DSG gearbox is mentioned as being available on both TSI and TDi but no mention of manual; I presume this can still be had.

Lower suspension? Look pretty much spot on 9you can no doubt fit eibachs if you insist on it being lower.

Overall IMHO not perhaps the stunner we were secretly hoping for, but nevertheless quite a good fist of it. :thumbup::)

Glad I viewed this thread tonight as I was going to order a vRS tomorrow. The big question is: when can we order the new one? I broached the subject with my local dealer who seemed to think a) there wasn't going to be a facelifted vRS and B) even if there was it would not be available for 12 months!

That new Scout looks the biz.

Glad I viewed this thread tonight as I was going to order a vRS tomorrow. The big question is: when can we order the new one? I broached the subject with my local dealer who seemed to think a) there wasn't going to be a facelifted vRS and B) even if there was it would not be available for 12 months!

That new Scout looks the biz.

I was told today by a sales guy at Bristol Skoda September would be first deliveries... Who knows tho... I've got to order a company car in the next 4 weeks so I don't think the price list will be out by then. I can but hope! If not then a new Leon FR TSI in Audi Sprint Blue will have to do instead.