Diesel Cackle

Your're right I'm not keen on the diseasel rattle, especially at idle. I once drove a Fabia 1.2, 3 cylinder petrol and it sounded great especially when you revved it, like a V6. It was just a shame it was so under powered out of town though, and that all it did, just make a noise.

I don't know if these 1.4 3 cylinder TDI's sound any better.

I don't think there is much one can do to make a 4 pot oil burner sound fruity:)

Don't you believe it matey......

When at full chat the Skip makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, as several on here will testify.

Don't you believe it matey......

When at full chat the Skip makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, as several on here will testify.

i can confirm this,i had a drive in this only last weekend(or was it the weekend before? i'm going nuts i think)and it really does make a great noise at full chat,not to mention goes like stink,i had a real big smile on my face driving the skip:D

• 1 month later...
Your're right I'm not keen on the diseasel rattle, especially at idle. I once drove a Fabia 1.2, 3 cylinder petrol and it sounded great especially when you revved it, like a V6. It was just a shame it was so under powered out of town though, and that all it did, just make a noise.

I don't know if these 1.4 3 cylinder TDI's sound any better.

Yeah I know what you mean. I had a Daihatsu Charade Turbo which was a 1.0, 3 cylinder, I had it tuned up to 140bhp, it had a nice half a six pot strum to it, which ended in the loudest dump valve I've ever heard, -it would turn a crowd of heads 100m away!

It was a bit gutless over 100 but did sound sweet.

A six cylinder Diesel sounds petrol apart from tick over.

I once drove a Fabia 1.2, 3 cylinder petrol and it sounded great especially when you revved it, like a V6.

Cor ... imagine the noise the 2.0l must make eh?

This must be a contender for post of the year.

Do you know what makes any diesel sound better?

The cold hard fact that unleaded petrol is now only 1p per litre cheaper!

I hope to god that diesel doesn't follow but for now mine sounds bloody awesome :D

Do you know what makes any diesel sound better?

The cold hard fact that unleaded petrol is now only 1p per litre cheaper!

I hope to god that diesel doesn't follow but for now mine sounds bloody awesome :D

I filled up yesterday and diesel was 2p per litre cheaper than unleaded at our local filling station!

my 1.9 TDI (100) sounds ok on full chat but not as good as my old 1.2 mk1 Seat Ibiza sounded.....it sounded like a porsche.........924.... lol

a diesel will never sound as good as a petrol, impossible.

and it doesn't matter how cheap a diesel is its still a numb, boring experience compared to a decent petrol engine :)

I think we'll agree to differ on this

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengie viewpost.gif

a diesel will never sound as good as a petrol, impossible.

and it doesn't matter how cheap a diesel is its still a numb, boring experience compared to a decent petrol engine smile.gif

I think we'll agree to differ on this

Following you at the last meet you certainly weren't driving in a numb, boring manner... the smoke certainly gave that one away! :rolleyes: