Male or Female?

Male or Female?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Male or Female?

• Male
    • Female

Hi Folks,

following a comment in another thread, I thought it would be interesting how people refer to their cars; ie male or female, names, and reasons for this (if appropriate!)

I'll go first

Silver furby vrs, known as Oscar as the regplate contains an O....sad i know!

Whatever i do though, ican't imagine my car as being female - it does what I want! :D

Hi All

Ok, sad to say my car from the front looks 'Mean' like it wants to pummel the crap out of something:S So I am gonna say it is Male by character. As it is registered in Kent, I brought myself to thought and came to te conclusion of Bizzaro (Evil Superman) ok, this is basically come from Kent ie Clark.... Clark Kent = Superman and my car is 'Evil Looking' there for Bizarro thus the origin of my cars name :D

I know weird, but there we go :D

I'm not French, I don't assign gender to inanimate objects.

Other than 'my car' I might call it 'the skud'.

I had a mate that called his 1.2 Nova "Jasmine". He still gets ribbed for it 15 years later. that and the Halfords "Turbo" sticker he put on it.

All engine-powered machinery is without fail referred to as 'her' or 'she' in this household..

"She went well today"

"Where is her maximum power?"

:D

No names, though.. why would yo?

My Octy is called Oscar too - because of the 'O' at the beginning of the Reg plate.

SWMBO's Furby is Roxy (RXC in plate).

These are of course names assigned by SWMBO, I refer to them as 'my car' and 'your car' :rofl:

I only name cars if they tell me what their names are (if it happens to you, you'll know), and it tends to split about 50/50 whether the ones that tell me tell me male or female.

My mum works on a similar principle, but 1 male to 2 female cars, my sis's cars have all been male for some reason :confused: and my best friend's (female but strictly a friend, no romantic attachment ever) cars have all had neuter names, but her motorbikes have all been male.

Depends on the car really.... out of mine the reliable ones are female and the cars that seem to have a stubborn streak are male :rofl::rofl:

I only name cars if they tell me what their names are (if it happens to you, you'll know)

Yes, I do :)

My car's female, even though she's called RJ (after RJ Mitchell, Spitfire designer)

My previous car was also female, and she was called Shelby (after Carroll Shelby)

My first car was male and I didn't name him, he just ended up being known as 'The Viper' because he had stripes :D

woops lol

I thought the pole was for who the members are lol

My vote needs to be changed to female

its the same as ships they are all female in the navy.(dont know y)

she doesnt have a name tho just she lol

billy

here we go

fiestas = fiz1 fiz2 = coz nick name fiz bomb

corsa = roxy = VAUX hall

C2 = BENJI = no idea y

CLIO = SKIP = IT LOOKED LIKE ONE

CALIBERA = DAMEON = IT WAS POSSESED RAN MY M8 OVER WHEN HE WAS WORKING IN THE BONNET WITH NO ONE BEHIND THE WHEEL LOL

FABIA = not named it yet any sugestions lol

my fiancee named them all let her to kep her happy as u do