How Much Is That Vrs In The Window ?

Welcome greg

The RS is holding its value far better than parkers and the like seem to think. It's because there is a 2 month waiting list for a new one.

As for price, it depends I suppose on the Reg and colour. My Y reg one is worth less than a 51 Reg for instance. I think mine with 34k miles on is worth around 11k. Silver and Black would proberbly be worth slightly more. a

Hi Greg,

12k is good going for a 2 year old car - I know they are holding their values pretty well but that surprises even me!

If that is the going rate then I would be looking for a pretty immaculate car! (if i was looking - which i'm not - already got one :) )

Ofcourse a private seller is always better on price, but that is not always an option... As I wanted to p/x and have no mechanical knowledge I paid a premium price at a dealer... but also the re-assurance that if something goes wrong, I can throw in their windows :D

Well, my local dealer has demonstrated that you can finance a brand new vRS over four years for the same monthly repayment as a 12k 18 month old one over 3 years ... hmmmm ...

It's all down to my company carfleet manager now, I'm ditching a Focus company car and taking car allowance instead - depends how soon he'll take the Focus back !

And by the way congrats on a great forum and thriving community

:)

• Administrators

4x4 here aswell, 6mth old 7k on the clock, 11.5k, mint condition for about 5 miles :D

4x4 at 12 months are now in parkers for 9.6k, although the RS is a nicer car to be noticed in if thats what you have your heart set upon...I wake up every now and again and think I should of gone for the RS...each to there own desires :)

Originally posted by ColinD in this post

I wake up every now and again and think I should of gone for the RS...

Likewise, only in reverse. If only we could have the best of both worlds, eh?

The vRS is still a fairly uncommon car, and prices seem to be staying surprisingly high, despite what the naysayers at Parkers print.

Cra.

Just over 2 months ago mate.

Great service, a very polite salesman called Mark sorted my deal out, gave me what i wanted for the Astra and didnt charge for metallic paint either :)

I've been back a few times since for a few extras, and to get a faulty brake light switch sorted. 1st class service every time. I even stood talking for the best part of 45 minutes with the service manager about the right / wrong oils to use in the vRS.

I'd recommend them to anyone :)

Congrats on the new motor Jimmy ;)

Some friendly advice if you're ever in the Cleveland area and are tempted to race with a Silver vRS...

You could be lucky, and come up against me lol

Or you could be unlucky, and meet one of Cleveland Police's Unmarked traffic cars :eek:

Hope you enjoy the car !