Not looking too good, In every sense!

That's appalling. Why do people do these things? What possible reason could there be?

It's obviously not personal.

W---ers

Sometimes, it'sjust mindless vandalism, which makes it worse. Usually they pick on the nicest cars in the street, and sometimes they only pick a particular colour of car (simple things please mindless idiots)

In my case, I was targetted - they wrote "PIG" across the bonnet in paintstripper.

MAN, was I p*ssed off (and it still took the local police 3 hours to attend...)

Feel for you Johnny50...:rotz:

Edited by jonnycatbiscuit
f***ing keyboard, missing etters again!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Clearly done by someone with a large intellect, great social skills and an artistic talent, NOT.

I'd be tempted to set up a CCTV with sound recording & leave the car in it's current state on the driveway for a little while. There's a fair chance that the little scumbag is local & may well walk by to admire their handy work, if you're lucky they may even brag about it to their mates.

As to what you do with any evidence you capture ....

(i) the official route

(ii) the unofficial route

Don't get me wrong, Thats understandable. But where Johnny lives is hardly a hotbed of crime, And it was early on a Sunday morning when the call was made. Just figured it would have taken less time than it did!

I hear what you're saying buddy but early on a sunday morning is when the police are responding to the jobs that weren't dealt with the previous night due to the injured parties being too drunk etc. Calls are prioritised, here (unwitnessed) criminal damage to motor vehicle would be prioritised as a grade 3, which means the response time can be anything up to 24 hours. So a visit 8 hours after the call was made ain't that bad, considering there was probably 50 other grade 3 jobs to sort out also along with the grade 2's (response time 1 hour) and 1's (10 minutes)! I'd be well unhappy if someone did that to my car but at the end of the day, with no witnesses, forensics or CCTV, unfortunately the police are pretty snookered in terms of what they can do.

I'd had my first vRS for 3 weeks and some asshole keyed it along 4 panels. Damage like this is a serious, mindless crime and I'd love to lock the scumbags up who do stuff like that - I'd much rather be locking them up than typing about it, believe me, but if there's no potential of catching an offender then there's not a lot else we can do.

Sometimes with damage like this, respray doesn't always work as if the paint is damaged down to the metal, the stripper can chemically react with the galvanised coating and the new paint then won't stick properly to the car. A guy in work had this done to his brand new Skyline and most of the panels had to be replaced because the stripper had reacted with the metal. Gutted wasn't the word!

All the best to Johnny50, as others have said, I hope it gets sorted and the scumbags who did this are infested by the fleas of a thousand camels.

That's horrible :(

I'd go with a write-off too I'm afraid... ideally needs to be a bare-metal respray with paint stripper :(

That is total 5hite :mad: What the f*ck do they gain out of that :confused:

It has to be kids – too young or thick, probably both, to know what it's like to work hard all day, everyday, to provide for your family, and then work harder to buy yourself a reward for all the hard work, just to see it all trashed in 2 minutes by these scumbags.

I wonder if they'll ever get to a similar stage in their lives and look back, and think 'Did I really do that? Was I really such a selfish, dumbass, pr*ck?' I truly hope so because otherwise we're all doomed. :rotz:

Hope you get it sorted Johnny50

That is apalling.

As someone else said, it was probably kids that did it so even if the police did find them they'd just get a slap on the wrist :mad:

You have to wonder what goes through these little %&£$*s minds sometimes :thumbdwn:

I can.

Connect their reproductive organs to a Bugatti Veyron with about 4 miles of metal wire. Accelerate the veyron to 252mph. Wait and see what happens.

Nah not a Bugatti. Something far more humilating, slow with little or no street cred. A Gee Whiz.

That is horrendous and sickening.

He hasn't lost the car though.

So it should be resprayed and back on the road, plus its one of the cars in the calendar.

If he buys it back and gets a respray.. perhaps the 1st white vRS?

All depends on his funds and how deep the damage is, as said before.. last thing you'd wanna do is re spray a shell and the new paint fail with in a year or two.

Maybe a shell transplant would be a better solution if it is indeed written off? The 1st vRS saloon?

Either way, I wish you the best of luck mate.. still finding it hard to believe they took the time to go around the whole car??!!?? Really Really feel for you.

Sorry to be reading this post :(

It looks like a random act of vandalism to me, not a personal attack, if that can be any consolation.

I'll add my condolances Johnny... :rotz: I've also known this car ever since I first joined here, saw it last time at the scottish camping last year (where Johnny brought some nice whiskey!)...

As someone else said, if written off, I'd be tempted to buy it back from the insurance company, and get it privatley resprayed, make it special :thumbup: