New Superb 3.6 V6

Hello all,

Yesterday I took my new Superb 3.6 V6 Elegance (Belgium spec with many extra options). Today I drove about 210km and car is really nice. Super power, elegance and comfortable.

But not everything is fine.

When I listen (volume is not too high) to music with powerful bass (like Eminem or something like that) then doors clangs/tinkle (I hope it's good word for this sound).

Maybe this needs time to lay down or it's a bug :)

Except this sound is clear, smooth but not as detail as I have in Volvo XC90.

This part of new car is unfortunately worse than sound system in my second/old car.

I have expanded Sound System.

Some pictures I placed there:

Picasa Web Albums - Piotr - Nowa Skoda Su...

Best regard's

Piotr

PS. Sorry for my not good english.

Yes nice motor, you are having same problem as me - at even quarter volume whole door surround rattles and vibrates with anything with prolonged bass in it, even radio 1 !!!, every time I play Muse think the doors are coming off. IMHO the audio quality is nowhere near what i expected. Apart from that car is excellent and as usual dealer is bending over backwards to be helpful.

Yes, the 3.6 V6 is available in the UK, costs just under 30K and is £400 per year to tax.

Max speed: 155mph,

0-62mph: 6.5 Seconds

Power: 260BHP@6000rpm

Torque: 350nm

Quiet a nice car but very expensive to run.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/pdf/brochure_superb.pdf

Edited by mannyo

Cheers – Manny. I spotted a brand new Superb a few weeks ago and going by the 18” Themisto Alloys it was an Elegance, Cream leather interior, absolutely stunning, what a car with an engine like this below, 4x4! Too, Oooh I had better calm down. The car before my Oct I vRS was a Vauxhall Omega 2.5 V6 Petrol, still have some fond memories of that car.

3.6 V6 4x4 260bhp

6spd DSG

235 L

15E/30E

£26,885.00 OTR before options.

Manny – I knew didly squat of this car, being an Octavia VRS man, but oh lordy what a car.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Skoda-Superb-3.6-V6-FSI-elegance-4x4/240224/

Edited by VRS-LE-OCT-II

I have almost 20.000km on the clock.When I first took the car,these were a huge problem for me,these rattles,but tbh now I don't hear them even if I want,I'm not sure if they are quieter or I just got used with them.Probably we are paying way too much attention to them.

Very nice looking car there - like the blue, don't think I've seen one in that colour before :cool:

For the rattle, I would report it to the dealer and get them to look at it under warranty. And while they're checking all the doors for issues, get them to fit this as well:

10 Sq Ft eDead Original Sound Deadening like Dynamat on eBay (end time 03-Sep-09 15:31:33 BST)

That will sort the issue, I'm pretty confident! It did in my old Fabia; would have thought they'd have sorted this in a premium motor like the Superb 2 though - especially with the upgraded sound system!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Yesterday I took my new Superb 3.6 V6 Elegance (Belgium spec with many extra options).

You must be either rich or bonkers to buy a car with such engine in a diesel-minded country like Belgium... ;)

When I listen (volume is not too high) to music with powerful bass (like Eminem or something like that) then doors clangs/tinkle (I hope it's good word for this sound).

I'm afraid this has been discussed many times before, also by myself. I too (usually) listen to music with a lot of bass and find that the upgraded Sound System of the Superb is very lacking in this aspect. The cause is simple: there is no subwoofer to take care of the bass. To make things worse, the Columbus does not have a pre-out to hook up a subwoofer.

Basicly, I added a subwoofer in the boot, tapping off sound from the rear speakers (line-in). The sound is somewhat better now, but seeing the bass still goes to all speakers too (because of the missing pre-out), they still rattle at higher volumes. Luckily the sub produces quite a kick, so these rattles are less obvious.

The next step would be to add a filter or simply swap the Columbus for another headunit. But then again, you would be losing alot of functionality... :(

More info: http://briskoda.net/superb-ii/upgraded-sound-system-not-performing-very-well/143077/

My speakers have become better with age i was a little dissapointed when they were new but i enjoyed watching a DVD on surround recently

For the guy who fitted a sub you could just fit crossovers to filter the low end from the door speakers

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, that would be something. Might even buy one then! :)

That would be the only Skoda it would go into though unfortunately, as it's a longitudinal powerplant.

Steve

is it available with 4x4? if so you've got yourself a Passat R36 for a fair bit less assuming the 3.6 is the same lump out of the passat, just de-tuned slighty?

You can't get it without 4x4 and DSG so it's a nice package. Yes, it's the same 3.6 as used in the R36, just detuning at revs above 6000.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello all,

Yesterday I took my new Superb 3.6 V6 Elegance (Belgium spec with many extra options). Today I drove about 210km and car is really nice. Super power, elegance and comfortable.

But not everything is fine.

Except this sound is clear, smooth but not as detail as I have in Volvo XC90.

This part of new car is unfortunately worse than sound system in my second/old car.

I have expanded Sound System.

Some pictures I placed there:

Picasa Web Albums - Piotr - Nowa Skoda Su...

Best regard's

Piotr

PS. Sorry for my not good english.

Thank you Piotr for sharing the pictures of your car with us! Congratulations!

We have just came back from our test-drive and my wife who had previous prejudice against Skoda now wants me to buy a black one with cream interior and wood trim!

However, may I ask if you have tried the Elegance CR170? I had wanted the V6 3.6 but my wife thinks the running costs could be unreasonable.

Your opinion is appreciated!

icon7.gif

Hello

I don't tried diesel engine in Superb.

Only 1.8TFSI with manual gearbox and of course 3.6.

The small one was too slow for me and don't have acceptable

engine sound.

Running costs:

Now, after about 3800km i have 9.9l/100km

average gas (98) consumption.

One litre costs about 1.35EUR thus 100km costs me about 13EUR :)

It's fully acceptable for me and I expected this when I choose a new car.

Best regard's

Piotr

• 1 month later...

A few days ago my Superb had vitamins cure :)

Because the engine haven't turbo numbers are not big

but drive is better, especially in low rev range.

I didn't make tests on dynamometer then i have only details given to me by tuner:

factory: 260KM / 350Nm

vitamin: about 290KM / about 380Nm

I done this in ZipTuning.

Best regard's

Piotr

• 5 years later...

[Thread resurrection] ;)

Malypb - any update on your ownership of the lovely 3.6 Superb five years on?

I have the same problem with the speakers.......

Dave