Project Anthracite Wheels Completed

Very nice :thumbup: How easy was it to do? Did you remove the tyres to do this?

My RS8 replicas are looking worse for wear due to laquer peeling and bubbling so would be interested in doing this too.

Fairly straightforward, took a wheel off one at a time and sanded them down to remove the laquer and silver finish. Primed, sanded again with fine paper and primed again before 3 coats of anthracite and 2 coats of laquer.

Didn't need to take tyres off just used plenty of masking tape!

They look pretty good. Anyone got Anthracite wheels on a silver Octy ?? Trying to decide if my Silver Octy would look good on anthracite wheels.

I've went for anthracite on mine when I got them refurb'd.

Cost a bit more than I initially budgeted for but I still love the look of my car when I go out early evening. :thumbup:

They look pretty good. Anyone got Anthracite wheels on a silver Octy ?? Trying to decide if my Silver Octy would look good on anthracite wheels.

Yeah, I'd be intrigued. I had anthracite D90s with a diamond cut lip on my Golf and they looked awesome. Not sure about a silver Octy though.

Pepperman, your's look really great, but I can't help thinking grey tyres show them up a bit. If you stick some tyre gel on them and re-take some photos, I'd be willing to bet they look even better. Just a thought....

Guest westallc
I've went for anthracite on mine when I got them refurb'd.

Cost a bit more than I initially budgeted for but I still love the look of my car when I go out early evening. :thumbup:

i think yours looks gay:D:rofl::P

only kidding lol i do believe anthacite looks 10x better on a silver car:thumbup: and white looks best on a black car only when clean which is for about 5 mins after you clen them lol

but well done on the whells mate look good buddy and you did them yourself fairplay to you :thumbup:

Wheels look good:thumbup:

What puff would want white wheels on their car.:rolleyes::P

My gloss black wheels are looking dirty and dull with only a few days of brake dust.

I'm liking them more as they get dirtier (just like my women 'looks behind to see if wife is watching').:thumbup:;)

Guest westallc
Wheels look good:thumbup:

What puff would want white wheels on their car.:rolleyes::P

My gloss black wheels are looking dirty and dull with only a few days of brake dust.

I'm liking them more as they get dirtier (just like my women 'looks behind to see if wife is watching').:thumbup:;)

:rolleyes: me an you want them on the car thats why you brought some nice speedlines that you really really want to share with me :P:D

p.s like the look of that meet you said about is there any b&b near there ??

:rolleyes: me an you want them on the car thats why you brought some nice speedlines that you really really want to share with me :P:D

p.s like the look of that meet you said about is there any b&b near there ??

Depending when i sort it may try to have a night out in manchester if meet is on the saturday.Will see nearer the time.:thumbup:

Now go clean your wheels:P

Guest westallc

i was going to clean them in a minute but really cannot be arsed tonight will just do the interior and treat the leather :D