Octavia Long delivery times

For those like me still waiting .......... and still not quite knowing when, the manuals (incl the Bolero one) are referred to in the sticky thread:

http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/official-octavia-ii-facelift-documentation-available-download-skoda-s/136438/

I received a 'supplementary' manual too! But it was very useful (and fun .. in a sad geeky way ..) being able to read all about the car before I collected it!

I ordered an Octavia vRS TSI, in Race Blue, with rear parking sensors and maxidot. Hopefully full leather too.

Deposit paid/Order placed: 10th November 2009

Spec Change Request: 15th November 2009 (attempt change order to add full leather - might be too late?)

Dealer Estimate for delivery: December/January (no chance!)

I'll keep this up to date as I get info from the dealer, which should give an idea of the current waiting time. :)

In your experience guys, how long after placing the order were you given a build / delivery date.

The dealer has had my order now since the end of October and I have not got a definate date yet everyong else here seems to know build dates.

I ordered a 2.0 diesel DSG L+K with paddleshift and Blue Tooth in Black so hopefully not too difficult to make.......!

Thanks

TC

In your experience guys, how long after placing the order were you given a build / delivery date.

Less than a week. It's provisional though and likely to change. You'll probably need to phone your dealer and ask - unlikely they'll just contact you and tell you.

The dealer has had my order now since the end of October and I have not got a definate date yet everyong else here seems to know build dates.

Phone and ask, but again, it's likely to move around a little until it gets close.

Topcat, you're not alone. I ordered mine on the 27th of August and my build date is still not confirmed. It was provisionally set for week 49 but I got an email last Friday saying it has now (provisionally) moved to week 1.

I ordered an Octavia vRS TSI, in Race Blue, with rear parking sensors and maxidot. Hopefully full leather too.

Spec Change Request: 15th November 2009 (attempt change order to add full leather - might be too late?)

I'll keep this up to date as I get info from the dealer, which should give an idea of the current waiting time. :)

I tried to add spare wheel and maxidot about a week after the order had been placed but got told no.

If the order has been sent to skoda then your probably out of luck.

Topcat, you're not alone. I ordered mine on the 27th of August and my build date is still not confirmed. It was provisionally set for week 49 but I got an email last Friday saying it has now (provisionally) moved to week 1.

Wow, that would make it 5 months. I'd be seriously peeved!

My order went in on 21st Sept and I'm also build week 49, which seems on the long side of average from reading this thread.

Well, after ordering in mid August and being built in week 43 (Oct 19th), I picked up my Race Blue vRS TSI estate from Caffyns in Ashford this morning. The dealer Simon had worked hard to get it taxed and out of the system to avoid it being held up this week by the computers going down.

The options I ordered were: Xenon lights, silver roof rails, sunset glass, rear sensors, heated full leather, Maxidot, full size spare and variable boot floor - and I'm pleased to say they were all present and correct :)

I have also sorted out a nice number plate for it, and the dealer gave me a set of rubber mats (along with the great deal in the first place) ;)

So far only driven it back home 18 miles up the M20, but it felt very smooth and refined. I might put some pictures up in a separate thread if anyone's interested. They'll be two-a-penny on here in 6 months time :o

Well, after ordering in mid August and being built in week 43 (Oct 19th), I picked up my Race Blue vRS TSI estate from Caffyns in Ashford this morning. The dealer Simon had worked hard to get it taxed and out of the system to avoid it being held up this week by the computers going down.

The options I ordered were: Xenon lights, silver roof rails, sunset glass, rear sensors, heated full leather, Maxidot, full size spare and variable boot floor - and I'm pleased to say they were all present and correct :)

I have also sorted out a nice number plate for it, and the dealer gave me a set of rubber mats (along with the great deal in the first place) ;)

So far only driven it back home 18 miles up the M20, but it felt very smooth and refined. I might put some pictures up in a separate thread if anyone's interested. They'll be two-a-penny on here in 6 months time :o

Never have too many pics! If only it was black

I am a bit ! Also getting it in the neck from SWMBO for my bright idea of selling the old car rather than trading in so as to get a better deal. Oh well, at least the price won't change apparently, the ultimate insult would be 5 months then a price hike :slant:

I ordered my VRS on 22nd Sept but a few days later I decided I wanted the factory Bluetooth kit.

Skoda would not let my dealer amend the order so they ordered another car to my revised spec on 28th Sept.

When I queried what would happen to the first car ordered, they said they would take it for stock as it is a relatively standard car

My order went in on 21st Sept and I'm also build week 49, which seems on the long side of average from reading this thread.

Mine was ordered on 28th Sept and currently a week 52 build with delivery mid Jan so about 14 weeks

the dealer gave me a set of rubber mats (along with the great deal in the first place) ;)

:o

The VRS as standard comes with a full set of carpet mats. Black with light grey edging.

Whats your dealer done with them? :mad:

Hi everyone,

I ordered mine Octavia elegance PD140 on 10. of October here in Croatia and got a phone call from the dealer today that it was made on 11 of november (week 46 as stated in the offer) and should be delivered in two weeks. I asked about here mentioned "new computer tracking system" and they never heard of it being placed this, last or any week this year. So I imagine this is somthing being done only for UK.... I also asked if they knew why delivery times are so much longer for UK, and they said it is because of ship delivery and the fact that in UK the steering wheel is on the other side (quote "wrong one" :rofl:) of the vehicle and that it can be done only in some parts of the factory. Also they mentioned that your market is ever growing in numbers every year, so this shold change soon.......:)

The VRS as standard comes with a full set of carpet mats. Black with light grey edging.

Whats your dealer done with them? :mad:

Don't worry, I still have them as well as the rubber mats. Interestingly (?!) I noticed that the carpet mats are thinner and of a lower quality than those that came with the Mark 1 vRS's which were actually quite plush and substantial.

Unfortunately due to the site being compromised the site owners had to revert to an earlier backup, which seems that we've lost (perhaps temporarily?) the latest posts on this thread (as well as others too). So I'm just going to quickly update this particular thread with what we were discussing on here before, which was the resumption of vehicle movements on Monday 23rd (today) for anyone that needs to know. My dealer asked me to come in this evening to sign necessary paperwork so unless I hear otherwise then it seems movements have resumed. Z (also it now appears that I'm posting for the first time as all my original first posts are gone, ah well)

I have just heard from my dealer that the new Skoda computer system has crashed! I am still awaiting a delivery date, my car has been at Sheerness port for 3 weeks. Anyone else heard this or is it my dealer trying to explain away another delay - so far it has been 3 months from order.

I have just heard from my dealer that the new Skoda computer system has crashed! I am still awaiting a delivery date, my car has been at Sheerness port for 3 weeks. Anyone else heard this or is it my dealer trying to explain away another delay - so far it has been 3 months from order.

I'm going to my dealer tonight to sign paperwork and will know more then.

I'll turn this around to report progress:

10th November 2009: Deposit paid/order sheet filled out, deal made. Fixed trade in price. Est. delivery: December/January.

15th November 2009: Attempt to change order to add full leather

23rd November 2009: Order sucessfully changed to add full leather. Est. delivery: January.

I ordered on the 13th of october and got told last week it should be built week 50 the week of the 7th of december and i might be able to pick up the week of the 11th of january. just in time for me to leave it with my wife for 4 months!