my new FL vRS

As another post has mentioned, there needs to be a kmh reading as there is none on the analogue dial (For EU reasons?)

I remember that in a 56 Passat I owned, it showed the kph speed in the display as there wasn't one on the speedo (so you can observe the speed limit in Europe, I guess!).

I presume this is the same? :confused:

red is my wifes choice, but now I have it I like it..some reds look cheap I think but its a good dark shade across the VAG group...and we all know red cars go faster

in 3 years time there will be a mountain of white cars on the used market when its probably gone out of fashion again

Red is easily the best. :) I was torn between red and blue - drove both and red put a bigger smile on my face. :D

Loving the interior - nice changes over the earlier version. Still not sure about the headlights though. I imagine they look better in the flesh than in pics. We had a FL (non VRS) estate in the work car park the other day as a hire car and it didn't look right at all, almost Korean.

Red is easily the best. :) I was torn between red and blue - drove both and red put a bigger smile on my face. :D

It's good to see that you have driven both a blue and red car as you often find that there is a significant difference in drive quality between colours. I've heard that the blue paint is heavier thus affecting the handling. ;)

red is my wifes choice, but now I have it I like it..some reds look cheap I think but its a good dark shade across the VAG group...and we all know red cars go faster

in 3 years time there will be a mountain of white cars on the used market when its probably gone out of fashion again

Exactly the same as me - great car tho :thumbup:

It's good to see that you have driven both a blue and red car as you often find that there is a significant difference in drive quality between colours. I've heard that the blue paint is heavier thus affecting the handling. ;)

LOL - that wasn't quite how it went. The blue was a DSG and the red a manual as the dealer was trying to talk me into getting the DSG. I preferred the manual....

But it also gave me a good chance to eye up both colours and the red 'did it' for me more. :thumbup:

Loving the interior - nice changes over the earlier version. Still not sure about the headlights though. I imagine they look better in the flesh than in pics. We had a FL (non VRS) estate in the work car park the other day as a hire car and it didn't look right at all, almost Korean.

the lights just look better on the vRS I think as the wider looking mouth/lower grill just seems right with them

Yeah you could be right there. They fit in better with a more beefy grill and bumper. On the lesser models they look a bit mis matched IMO.

Saw a FL VRS at the Ossett dealer the other day (white one) and thought it was 'ok' but it'll probably grow on me in time. The interior is definitely better.

LOL - that wasn't quite how it went. The blue was a DSG and the red a manual as the dealer was trying to talk me into getting the DSG. I preferred the manual....

But it also gave me a good chance to eye up both colours and the red 'did it' for me more. :thumbup:

...and you dont see as many red ones about which is a goooood thing.

Ive gone for grey for the same reason. :cool:

True, all I see are blue ones round here. I've only seen one other red one round our neck of the woods and it made me go "hmmm" back when I was thinking of getting a VRS. Cleaned up they look niiiice (with a Borat accent).

Love the full leather though. Looks really classy. Doesn't grip you quite as well as half leather but it's much nicer to look at (had full leather in the Fabia). Also it's cold in winter and hot in summer whereas cloth is a bit easier on the bottom.

That's good. I found going from the "white" (grubby) cloth seats to the full leather in the Fabia made me slide around more. But then the seats in that had very little side support compared to these.

That's good. I found going from the "white" (grubby) cloth seats to the full leather in the Fabia made me slide around more. But then the seats in that had very little side support compared to these.

I had the full leather recaro's in my Focus ST. Not sure if the vRS leather will compare.... Hope so :confused:

I had the full leather recaro's in my Focus ST. Not sure if the vRS leather will compare.... Hope so :confused:

Hmmm....although they'll be damn good seats I doubt they'll match Recaros for holding you in place. Comfort wise though I quite like the Octy seats. The base takes some getting used to as the side parts are quite close together (either that or I have a fat ****) but they're pretty supportive and more 'figure hugging' than the Fabia seats ever were.

Hmmm....although they'll be damn good seats I doubt they'll match Recaros for holding you in place. Comfort wise though I quite like the Octy seats. The base takes some getting used to as the side parts are quite close together (either that or I have a fat ****) but they're pretty supportive and more 'figure hugging' than the Fabia seats ever were.

Having had a good test drive in a new vRS, the Recaros in the ST are much better IMO

They give more support and are more comfortable.

It has been said in roadtests of the ST that the seats have been well tuned and matched to the chassis.

They are good at absorbing the bumps and not leaving you shaking up and down.

The poor overall comfort of the vRS was a disappointment for me. :(

I'm still getting one though :thumbup:

Hi, Nice looking car and really like it in Red.

Just bought the same but in White with the DSG box. Brill Car love driving it.

I did take it back to my local skoda garage because of the DRLs were working?

In normal daytime driving with no lights switched on the DRLS were on full brightness. This is cool I thought, But when I come to switch the side lights on - 1st position on the light switch. my DRLs went dim and i thought the side lights came on in the tiop of the headlamp housing but nothing happened. In fact I cant get the side lights to come on at all.

Can you tell me what yours are like

Cheers

mine are the same...

normal drl's with no lights switched on, but no rear lights are on

when side lights are switched on as you say the leds go a bit dimmer and the rear lights come on, but the 'normal' side lights that you would get without the leds dont come on

you can get them activated using VAGcom at the dealers, but to be honest the LEDS are still more than adequate to use as sidelights

They told me I can either have the DRLs in or the Side Lights. To be honest this sounds a load of rubbish. Although they did tell me someone had it done but with a lot of problems for the staff programming the computor code in.

Personally I think the Drls should go dim when the side lights are activated , because its getting darker and you dont want to dazzle on coming traffic but at the same time the side lights should be on.

After all thats what there there for is'nt it?

Let me know if you can get any further than I did

Cheers

Chris

...and you dont see as many red ones about which is a goooood thing.

Ive gone for grey for the same reason. :cool:

Shame they don't do a brown option - there'd be even fewer of those about :D

Not to put too fine a point on it that car gives "wood" so to speak. I think it looks absolutely awsome in red and the leather just makes me want to ........ well you get the picture :cool:

lovely lovely lovely

Congratulations mate. Enjoy driving it but remember.......red cars need LOTS of waxing to stop em fading so enjoy polishing it too!!!