Vrs tyres 225/40/18

There's not alot of love for the Toyos on here.

Do a search and you'll find this has been covered many many times over.

It would seem that Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas seem to be the favourite.

I went for Falken 452s as they were £20 cheaper than the Vredesteins, and I've had no issues with them and I drive like a ****.

Hi

This subject has been discussed many many times (recently as well)

Try a search and you will see what I mean.

I can simplify it for you, for quality and price you cannot beat Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's

HTH

Regards

Damo

It would seem that Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas seem to be the favourite

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I went for Falken 452s as they were £20 cheaper than the Vredesteins, and I've had no issues with them and I drive like a monk

:D:D:D

Edited by Brimma

It would seem that Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas seem to be the favourite.

I went for Falken 452s as they were £20 cheaper than the Vredesteins, and I've had no issues with them and I drive like a ****.

I went for the 452's for the same reason and got a good deal for all 4 fitted by Event tyres at my office. After breaking in for 300 miles, they seem to grip at least as good as the Michelin PE2's that I had on before at double the price and indeed seem to have reduced the axle tramping that I experienced when flooring it in 1st and 2nd - not sure if that is a sign of slightly better grip or worse

Just put 4 Kumho KU19's on my vRS. Have had 2 set's of Kumho KU31's on other cars and been happy with them so thought I'd try the KU19's out as they have an Asymmetric tread pattern. Again happy with them so far - only done about 250miles though. £72 each fully fitted so seemed a good deal.

Look in the Octy II section now, as I've just replied in a Vred thread about a minute ago...

Just buy those. You won't regret it. Next question....

Steve

Steve, do you feel like a stuck record and a Vred paid employee:rofl:

Im ordering 2 Vreds from Camskill tomorrow....local ATS will fit em for £15 a corner, 5 mins from the office so that will do for me:thumbup:

Dan

Just put 4 Kumho KU19's on my vRS. Have had 2 set's of Kumho KU31's on other cars and been happy with them so thought I'd try the KU19's out as they have an Asymmetric tread pattern. Again happy with them so far - only done about 250miles though. £72 each fully fitted so seemed a good deal.

Take care in the wet - I found the Kunhos to be cracking dry tyres - if a little "squealy" but a bit limited in the wet.

Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas - not a lot more.........

I hang my head in shame (slightly) but as a man on a budget I have just got two Sava Intensa front tyres (18") for £86 each fitted at HiQ. I had Continental Sport Contact on the front previously, from new, which lasted 22,000 miles although from the look on the guys face at the garage I shold probably have replaced them sooner!

4 x Newish Sunew's, they were reviewed as a good budget tyre, but tight cornering in wet and dry just ends up with loads of understeer, and accelerating from standstill is a wheel spinning nightmare. I had more grip on my continentals with legal limit tread :(

I hang my head in shame (slightly) but as a man on a budget I have just got two Sava Intensa front tyres (18") for £86 each fitted at HiQ.

Blimey! I paid that for my Falken 452s!

Not sure how you got 22k out of a set of Contis - I had the ContiSportContact3s on the front and I went through them in 8000 miles :eek:

I got my last set of Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta (225 40 18) from my local fitter for £96 fitted. Now they don't stock them any more. They then went on to suggest maybe I went for Toyo Proxes for £480 for all four fitted. I said no thanks.

Am buying 4 Vred's from Camskill for £85 each. Then fitting at a friend's workshop.