2 members have voted

1. 1. How many points have you got?

• 0 - I'm clean!
    • 1-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-9
    • 10-12
    • 12+ - I got banned :(

After seeing a fair few threads and posts around about speeding, talking on phones while driving and so on, was just wondering how many points people have on their licenses and what for.

I would like to see how it relates to age, and years driving as well, but to put all that in a poll would give a huge list of options.

To start with, I have 0 points, have been driving since June 2008, and am 18.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oo plenty of time for you all then lol

Im 25(at mo) driving since July 2002, 6 points 1x sp30(was very lucky not to get a ban)63 in 30 Haverfordwest (I am ashamed)

had 3 points sp30 in 2004 in my old car too but was cleared off when I got my class 2

Edited by claytarget_god
missed "e" off time

Clean (at the moment!) - in the eyes of the law. Still have some according to the lovely insurance companies. Exactly why do they consider penalties upto 5yrs back??

27, driving since 2000 and have had 2x SP50s.

Steve

Wrong side of 40. Passed test in 1985. Clean at the moment. Got a SP40 in 1992. SP30 & SP50 in 2001 & SP60 in 2002. All of them while driving works vans. 9 points on your licence makes the insurance a little hard to swallow, not recommended

Had an SP30 in Bradford about 10 years ago, and a ticket in NZ 3 years ago - but I was on my UK licence and don't think they transferred the demerit points to my NZ licence. Anyway they expire after 2 years.

So I'm clean :D

Oh and I'm 35 and have been driving for 18 years!

a while back i managed to rack up 13 points in 3 years, i might add that at the time i was working as an insurance fraud investigator and was doing approx 50k a year.

at the time of the last offense i was 6 weeks short of three years having 6 points come off in one go (if that makes sense!) but got nailed doing 36 in a 30. by the time it went to court those six points and another 4 had come off. i was expecting a ban but got down on my knees and kissed some serious booty and managed to get away very lightly with 3 points and 250quid fine :thumbup:

i now have a nice clean Canadian license :D

Mark

24 Passed test in 02 and am clean. although amazingly last month was pulled after "attempting to accelerate away from a bike which turned out to be old bill doh! Damn window tints at night! But let me off doing 105 in a 70 down a bypass after checking my details Tbf it was 23:30 and sod all on the road but it helps having family in the control room :-D although won't do it again :-/

Been driving since 1994, got 0 points but a DD40 on my licence from 4 years ago, I achieved a 12 month ban, £500 fine and had to sit an extended test resit. Passed that first time though ! Was sick of the police pulling me over for nothing so failed to stop, ran a couple of red lights speeding etc etc.

I'm 33 and not ashamed to say I was a boy racer in my day. I can remember having points on my licence for speeding on 3 seperate occasions. Having a family now calms you down quite a lot and owning a diesel car makes you more mpg conscious too.

Passed my test at 17, now 31 I have had 30 points over that time (but never banned) :o my most recent being a 6 pointer for 103 in a 60 which has just lapsed and I presently have a clean license :woot:

Aged 31

Driving 11 years

0 Points now or prior

1 Producer - Overtaking a learner in a 30, while going past a riot van waiting at a t-junction. :nono:

1 Tap on the window - Front fogs on on a clear night.

Couple of close calls slightly speeding on motorway tho.

I'm 38 and passed my test back in the summer of '88 and got 3 points back in my early 20's for 77 in a 60! :rotz:

I can remember it like it was yesterday, I was driving an AXGT on my way home from work and remember going past a pub and the police T5 was sat there, cue my ar5e falling out and suprise how fast the blue lights appeared in my rear view mirror! :eek:

Clean ever since. ;)