Button World Champion

vRS Carl

If I can remember, Nigel Mansell won the championship from finishing 5th, Lewis last year did the same from finishing 5th. And now Jenson has done it. :thumbup:

I agree about his singing, but was it as bad as the twins on X-factor last night? :rofl:

Congratulations to Jenson. What a brilliant drive today. :thumbup:

I was a little disappointed at Ross Brawns slightly less than ecstatic praise of Jenson, but well done to the man for remembering to thank all the people that were make redundant. :thumbup:

Top marks to Jenson 18_3_102.gif, Great Champion and not bad looking either.;):)

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxdm824YYGB

Only just got round to watching it , and he certainly put the effort in today.

All three of the potential winners would have made a worthy champion , but I'm glad Jenson got there.

The final race could be good on a new track with no pressure.

A good drive and some great overtaking from Jenson. Overall he deserved the title by the way he drove in those first seven races.:thumbup:

Same here Richie. :rolleyes:

I'll say no more as I fear we're in a minority in here.;)

In answer to both of you - I have to say I haven't been Formula 1's greatest fan in recent times, as the majority OF races have been processional, and the only 'overtaking' manoeuvres are done when someone goes into the pit lane.

Some of Jenson's overtaking today, however, with everything that was riding on it, and bearing in mind there are currently some pretty dingbat drivers who haven't got a clue, were nothing short of brilliant.

YOU CAN WAKE UP NOW !

Don't know about anybody else and apols in advance if this offends, but what is it about the Aussie national anthem ? Even Mark Webber looked bored by it.

Don't know about anybody else and apols in advance if this offends, but what is it about the Aussie national anthem ? Even Mark Webber looked bored by it.

Strewth - you fecking pommy b*st*rd !! :rofl::rofl:

Think im right in saying that first time a champion has led the championship from day 1

Pleased for Brawn and Button, but not sure about that.

1954, 1992, 1996, 2002, 2004, 2006 to name a few spring to mind, unless my maths is wrong?

So Richie and Mr Ree - who were you rooting for? Vettel, perhaps, or Webber?

When Damon Hill won his championship, were you secretly rooting for Schumacher?

What would make you happy?

Well done Jenson Button, great to see another British champion :thumbup: