What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Yesterday after work, i cleaned the engine bay up a bit. Sprayed all the grimy bits, engine cowling, inner wings and front panel with Gunk and aggitated with old I inch paintbrush. Left it alone for 15 minutes and then sprayed with water and turtlewax shampoo diluted to help remove gunk.

Wiped clean with a old microfibre cloth. Then black parts sprayed with Autoglym "rubber and vinyl care" Wiped off. Paintwork buffed with old polishing cloth.

Came up a treat! And work admired by the neighbours!

Grahame

starting to strip car ready for the last piece of the slxi convesion to go in the dash as they are diffrent from the others as it has the air con ready for summer

after about a year of ownership,i repaired the instrument cluster, its know were near as bad as it looks to do & it saved me about £150.00 doing it myself, lee

Drove it on some amazing Welsh roads. Penderryn to Brecon, Llandovery, Neath then back to Penderryn. (70 odd miles)

For no reason, just an absolute awesome country drive.

Oh, with my co driver son who loved it also.

Took off my wheels and cleaned all under the car and sealed, hopefully there will be know more salt put down and last weeks was the last. Putting new logo `ed badges on the car tomorrow

Posted this in new badges too.

New wheelcap badges were a right pain to put on, took me nearly an hour! the plastic is less pliable, the originals are soft then have a metal ring to keep in place, I put them in boiling water( to soften, then sprayed the recess in wheel with gt85 to lube, then placed the caps over the hole, then I folded a microfibre cloth four times to protect, then lightly hit them with a rubber hammer.Then I removed the plastic protector film, and sprayed with APC, look good on .They cost £6.29 plus vat each

2012-05-09112408.jpg

Old and new reverse side to show no ring and hard brittle plastic on rear2012-05-09125208.jpg

2012-05-09125208.jpg

Old and new from front

2012-05-09123052.jpg

The badge close up

2012-05-09112434.jpg

On the wheel

2012-05-09124147.jpg

2012-05-09130349.jpg

Left mine in the garage whilst I used an Alfa Romeo Giulietta TCT. Noticed it has a drink problem but that's for another thread.

I treated my mk1 Fabia vRS to it's first 40k service, timing belt and water pump were changed too. I've only had it for a month, but it goes a lot better now, was a bit hesitant before at low speeds.